Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

On the Aim Component set a target as a reference here:
    upload_2021-5-16_16-0-58.png

2. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for using the assets I really appreciate it!

Indeed, I found some inconsistences on the RootMotion Jump on the Wolf lite. I'll fix them for the next hot fix
    Meanwhile try using the Wolf Lite Jump Basic instead, which it uses the JumpBasic State instead which is usefult for more Arcady Jumps

Razouille likes this.
  3. mik52

mik52

I was trying to get it to aim at characters tagged as enemy instead at a specific character.

Malbers likes this.
  4. KingCeryn

KingCeryn

Oh yeah, basically I have a Master game object, such as "AeronautStarship", and the children are things like FX, mounts, decoration, etc- and then just a gameobject called "EmptyMount" as a child of the master, basically just a standard Horse mount with some input disabled, etc.

But when the scenes start, the EmptyMount gameobject disconnects from whatever its parent is. As if it needs to BE the parent gameobject. Right now I'm just using events to re-parent it a couple frames after Start, but was just wondering what might be causing it.

Maybe a SetParent(Null,true) somewhere in the code?

Malbers likes this.
  5. victorkin11

victorkin11

I have a problem about HAP, if you want to have more then one character, you can't just clone the first one and edit the second one, because it will break the first one character, how should we handle the dependence?!

Hap.jpg

6. ash4640

ash4640

I want to set Horse as my player, I'm using HAP as the horse will be mountable too and will have a rider. But Horse is the main player and I want to set a 3rd person camera always to my horse. I saw the demo scene and managed to add a CM Brain prefab, CM FreeLook Main prefab and I have set the horse as target and the camera follows the horse.
    But I don't want any Mouse input for my camera rotation, so I set the speed both on the x and y axis as 0.
    Now how can I now make the camera turn and look at only the back of the horse and follow it everytime like in any third person controller. The camera is now following the horse, but when Horse turns and the side of the horse is visible in the camera, how can I reset the camera angle to the back of the horse always and follow.
    Do I have to child CM FreeLook Main camera to horse or are there parameters in the inspector to achieve this.
    upload_2021-5-18_11-38-0.png

7. DeathCloudGames

DeathCloudGames

I'm having this same issue. Did you ever resolve the issue? I can't figure out why the Animator repeatedly enters the Locomotion state. Thank you!

8. Malbers

Malbers

I found it!... the Base Animal Animator had some Transitions wrong on the Locomotion States:
    On the Locomotion state make sure you have this Exit Transition Muted or Removed (Strafe = False)
    Unity_02NQq8nXyX.png

9. Malbers

Malbers

You mean a Targeting System that can swap Targets? That's not created yet, That is scheduled for the next update

10. Malbers

Malbers

Actually I always set to be Parented here:
    upload_2021-5-18_14-21-1.png

Also your Mount Component must have the Mount Point set:
    upload_2021-5-18_14-22-20.png

11. Malbers

Malbers

12. Malbers

Malbers

Luckily the Animal Controller does not depend of the Camera Riggins System.. so what you can do is change the Type of the FreeLook Camera Heading Type.. and Disable the Camera Input on the Horse.
    upload_2021-5-18_14-37-26.png

upload_2021-5-18_14-41-20.png

ash4640 likes this.
  13. DeathCloudGames

DeathCloudGames

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Malbers likes this.
  14. Malbers

Malbers

More Tutorials coming these next weeks

LNMRae, alamak-oy and Rowlan like this.
  15. hotpeperoncino

hotpeperoncino

Please add "pickable item" to Point and Click demo.

Malbers likes this.
  16. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

I have a couple of questions.

First, how do I tell if the animal is dead through script?

Second, is there a way to make the player mounted on the game's startup?

17. ash4640

ash4640

thanks, Malbers
    this setting worked for me, also I had to change Binding Mode to Lock to Target
    upload_2021-5-21_22-59-49.png

- if I want to add some extra Attack options and animations for it how can I do it?
    any tutorials for it
    - also how do I add a health bar and reduce health for the animal if it gets damaged or attacked by Ai any tutorials
    Also if you are open to new animations suggestions like eg: horse stamp, horse dash etc then can send few animations requests

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  18. mik52

mik52

I,m trying to get unka to fly backward when fighting, How would I do that?

19. barancankulaz

barancankulaz

Hello guys. How can i change static movement joystick to dynamic joystick?

Malbers likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, you can check it the Active State is the Death state:

if (animal.ActiveState.ID == 10) ...

if (animal.ActiveState.ID == StateEnum.Death) ...

if (animal.ActiveState.ID.Name == "Death") ...

You can subsribe to the OnStateChange(int) Animal Event to know when the animal activate a new State, and use the argument of the Event to identify which is the new Active State.
    upload_2021-5-23_17-45-31.png

Yes, but you need to set which will be the Starting Mount Animal:

upload_2021-5-23_17-47-23.png

21. Malbers

Malbers

Forgive my ignorance but what is a Dynamic Joystick??

22. Malbers

Malbers

To make the Dragon to Fly backwards you need to Disable the CameraInput
    upload_2021-5-23_17-48-55.png

and make sure the FlyBack Speed is set to -0.5
    upload_2021-5-23_17-49-33.png

23. Malbers

Malbers

In the Documentation you will find how to add new Modes and Abilities to the Animal:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/main-components/manimal-controller/modes

The animals get Damage using 2 components, the MDamageable and the Stats component with the health stat

On the Demo scenes you will see that the wolf lite connects the Health and Stamina Stats to the Health and Stamina UI using Events:
    upload_2021-5-23_19-32-56.png

That UI Health Stat Event is listen by the Health UI:
    upload_2021-5-23_19-34-11.png
    Same happens with the Stamina Stat. Actually with any other Stat.

I'll add those to my request list.

ash4640 likes this.
  24. barancankulaz

barancankulaz

its mean in canvas where i touch with finger , joystick transform coming to finger position with pressed and movement available

25. Malbers

Malbers

No, unfortunately the current Mobile Input component does not allow dynamic the Dynamic option for the Player Input

26. alamak-oy

alamak-oy

hey, I'm sorry, probably it's my own bug and is not related to the asset, but give it a try:
    for some reason, I can't update to version 1.2.5a, it brings back 1.2.5, I cleaned caches and etc.
    I checked other packages, for example, one just has updated from 1.9.1.p4 to 1.9.1.p5

It says: update available 1.2.5, when I tap on it, in the description it's "Version 1.2.5a - May 20, 2021"

27. Malbers

Malbers

Yes version 1.2.5a is the latest one try restarting your PC and Unity... and removing the Downloaded Package from your PC also:
    Mine is here:
    C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\MalberS Animations\ScriptingAnimation\

alamak-oy likes this.
  28. mik52

mik52

That worked perfect, thank you for replying so fast.

Malbers likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

Here are more tutorials for AC ;)

30. NMcCoy

NMcCoy

Having some issues with the Tiger Dragon: when I load in the demo scene (LDT_Sample Scene.unity), the dragon just slides forward constantly face down until it falls into the water. I'm able to turn it left/right with the controls but it doesn't respond to any other input. On the Animal script I notice that the ground layer is set to "nothing"; if I change it to "default" the dragon instead starts falling and teleporting upward repeatedly.

Malbers likes this.
  31. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi Malbers, the fur of the real wolf looks very good, but the fur of the real rabbit looks a little outdated. Will you update the real rabbit with new fur? I remember you were making real crocodiles before, is this still in the plan?

Malbers likes this.
  32. mik52

mik52

When unka is flying low she automatically stops at the edge of the terrain. If I fly a little higher she doesn't stop. If I disable the terrain collider she doesn' t stop. Can you think of something that would cause this?

Malbers likes this.
  33. eldvbear

eldvbear

Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding the swim and fly States in regards to the AI functionality. When used with an AI, do the swim and fly States still allow movement vertically as well as horizontally? I am asking because in my game I have some swimming and flying creatures but any of the AI tools I have used with NavMesh only allow horizontal movement and are unable to swoop or dive up or down in order to attack the player. If the Animal Controller is able to do this, it will completely solve all my problems in that regard!

34. DXWarlock

DXWarlock

I searched the thread and found nothing about how to integrate it.
    I am using behavior designer along with this, but cannot get behavior designer to control the AI. It just sits in a spot and does idle animation (or when I get it to work, controls it, but animal slides around).

Anyone have a tutorial or writeup on how to have behavior designer control the animal behavior and this manage the animal animations and stats, and so on? (Pretty much this does everything but the AI decisions).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  35. Malbers

Malbers

The First error is due to there's no ground Layer.. it needs to have one

This one is really weird

I made a test on an empty project 2021.1 and it works as expected... make sure you have both AC and the little dragon latest update.

36. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!
    I have updated the Raccoon, next in line is the rabbit ^^, I'm a bit behind since I'm working on polishing AC...

About Coco, yes I'm doing an animation by day so he does not stay behind also

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  37. Malbers

Malbers

That is an bug we Found on the Fly State... I'm will be solved on this Monday Update :)

Meanwhile here's the fix:

Attached Files:

38. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment
    the Brain AI does not work well with Flying/Swimming Underwater animal. AC does not have proper behaviours to avoid obstacles and find paths while flying or swimming Underwater, or any state that uses Free Movement (Not Grounded states).

It work only to go straight from one point to another while flying (No Obstacles).. that's why my next integration is with A*pathfinding which it also have 3D pathfinding and 3D obstacles avoidance

39. Malbers

Malbers

Officially there's no Integration with BD, I never tried it out... I'll add it to my integration list.. but it won't be anytime soon :(

40. ryaus86

ryaus86

Gday Malbers,

Saving an original prefab of the realistic wolf from the brain demo scene and importing it into my scene for some reason the wolf wont move from the one location. Ive changed the target from ‘animal player’ to unity tag ‘player’ so the wolf actually detects my player and starts barking when the mode changes from ‘patrol’ to ‘seek and destroy’ but it just sits there and bark.

Note that it attack if I come within attack range but wont chase me down?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT:
    All good I hadn't baked the NavMesh DUH!

Great product my friend!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  41. hotpeperoncino

hotpeperoncino

I use Animal Controller and AC Human animation controller with third party UMA2 models.

The above video shows the character's mouth open and close unintentionally.
    maybe jaw animation is not suitable for the model.
    In case of some animation like turn left, the mouth is closed, but in case of idle, the mouth is open.
    Such mouth open problem frequently occurs and there are several solutions. maybe animation files can fix such problem, if they have jaw-closed-animation.

Thanks

42. NMcCoy

NMcCoy

Do the dragons not include AC? I bought them a while back and they had a controller included at the time, has that been changed and do I need to buy it separately now?

43. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there! Apologies for the late reply

The best way to solve this is to remove the Jaw bone from the Humanoid Rig.. that will not inlcude the Jaw animations in case the animations had one.

44. Malbers

Malbers

The animal Controller evolved into an asset of its own.. is only included in Horse Animset Pro.

45. nmuta1

nmuta1

Hey everyone ..... I'M WILLING TO HIRE A DEVELOPER AND PAY UP TO $50.00 US PER HOUR TO HELP ME GET STARTED with Malbers Animal Controller ...

Malbers Animal Controller is amazing. I've hired a contractor to help me build out a concept based on Malbers animal and human controller but he's been very slow and I need someone to help guide me to learn this stuff on my own. The learning curve is a bit steep and although there is a lot of material written on it, I've been struggling to get some basic questions answered. I'm a very experienced programmer but I'm also new to Unity which has increased the learning curve. If you're interested, either private message me or here or respond to this thread or email me at nmuta.jones at gmail . Thanks !

46. nmuta1

nmuta1

I realize my post above was a bit nebulous so I'll tell you exactly what I'm struggling with:

1. we are building on top of the "mobile" example in Malbers Animal controller. However, while playing on PC, I cannot run and jump at the same time since Jumping ( a mode that acts on top of the 'running' state) in mobile requires two fingers on the screen at the same time.

So really all I need while testing on PC is a key binding that will allow the jumping animation to fire while I'm running, I know this is super simple but I'm not figuring out how to do this. That's number one.

2. We put a custom animal into the controller and it's working mostly well. However, after I finish running , and take my hands off the controls, it takes like 3 or 4 seconds for it to transition to idle state. So I finish running and then I'm frozen in the end of the running pose , and I have to wait 3 seconds for it to slide back into idle state. I can't seem to figure out how to make that transition instant.

That's what I'm struggling with, those two things. If any of this sounds like low hanging fruit, please throw me a bone and help if you can ! Otherwise I can hire you if you want to take a closer look. Thanks !

[ edit ] : looking more closely, I can see that jumping is not a mode, it's a state. So I guess when you "jump while running", you're just entering a new jumping state from the locomotion state. So yeah, looking for help on how to set up a keybinding to jump while running when using using the mobile controller on PC with no touchscreen.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  47. mik52

mik52

I can't get unkas health bar to change. It takes damage and dies, but the health bar never changes. The stamina and mana bars both work fine.

Attached Files:

48. mentolatux

mentolatux

hello, dev, i need help, i want to kill at once animals with a pistol, bow, sword, fireball, and also I have a bug when I get ammo first then pistol not show on screen E COLLECT

49. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys, Apologies for the late reply, I was diagnosed positive for COVID, so I had to take some days off to recover.. That's why I haven't been around these past few days.
    I'm felling better every day ^_^

Hi there!
    You are more than welcome to join the Discord.. there's a lot of amazing people there that can help you on your projects
    https://discord.gg/evr5tSP

The UI Health Stat Event is used to change the UI Slider value, the Event Listener should be on the UI, not the Dragon Event Listener.

The dragon will Invoke the values of the UI Health Stat Event, on the Health Stat...
    upload_2021-6-18_11-6-59.png
    then the UI gameobject will listen to those changes and Response according to it (By changing the value on the slider)
    upload_2021-6-18_11-4-31.png

Hope this helps

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  50. Malbers

Malbers

To test mobile features with more than one Finger (On Android ) I use Unity Remote:

it works perfectly with any Samsung Galaxy.

For this you just need to increase the values of the Speed Modifiers for the Lerp Animation, Position and Rotation values
    upload_2021-6-18_11-18-12.png
    Higher values means more responsiveness.
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...mponents/manimal-controller/speeds#l-position

nmuta1 likes this.