Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. nmuta1

nmuta1

I just noticed that Malbers also supports HUMANOID characters ! I purchased this asset a while back and I wanted to know if anyone could point me to a link, a forum, video or part of the documentation that addresses humanoid characters ? I need to switch back and forth between human and animal and I want to do both with Malbers. Thanks !

Malbers likes this.
  2. Sir_patrickl

Sir_patrickl

Hi,

I've had some issues getting the new Unity Input System integration working correctly when transitioning between multiple scenes.

If I load any of the scenes up directly everything works as expected. However if I transition to another scene it doesn't correctly connect the inputs.

I enabled debugging and see the exact same logs if I load (menu) scene as first scene or if I transition to it from a gameplay scene. For example:
    • Initialize Input Action Asset <Game Input Actions> Map: <UI>
    • Connect [UI] Map to [Main Menu Elements] buttons
    • [UI] Map Enabled
    I'm using the InputLinkManager Prefab in each scene with a different MInputLinkManager asset in each (menu scene uses one with DefaultActionMap=UI and level scene has DefaultActionMap=Gameplay.

Is there anything else I need to configure to get multiple scenes working?

I did a bit of digging and it looks like the Connected flag in the InputLink is set as true already when calling ConnectActionMap so the actual buttons do not get connected. It seems like something isn't reset between scenes.

As a temp workaround I'm force calling DisconnectActionMap at the start of ConnectActionMap and this seems to fix the issue but I'm not sure what other side effects that might have. Any help on how I need to setup my scene would be appreciated.

Thanks

3. Malbers

Malbers

I had that behaviour too, but it was my controller was broken :(
    I tested out with a Nintendo Controller and it works

The Input Controller System has some examples you can test out your controller:
    upload_2021-4-24_16-41-1.png

Try those examples and tell me if the problem continues

4. Malbers

Malbers

@Rowlan made a video :)
    Maybe this will help:

in the Next Major Update I'll be creating a Wizard Window for Humanoids controlled by AC

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Rowlan likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for testing this out. I didn't try Switching Scenes ... I'll make some tests and I'll create a new update for it

6. Sir_patrickl

Sir_patrickl

Thanks for the quick reply.

FYI: I changed my workaround slightly. Since I'm using multiple MInputLinkManager assets I need to be calling Restart to unbind the InputUser.onChange event when changing scenes. I ended up adding the logic to disconnect the active map here (basically the same logic from SwitchActionMap) so it is cleaned up correctly when exiting a scene. This works, and it feels less hacky than my previous change, but I still feel something must not be getting cleaned up correctly since the MInputLink components should be fresh instances in each scene.

Once you get a chance to look at it it would be nice to know if the intended usage of MInputLinkManager was to have a single asset or if it is fine to have multiple of them? I have one for the main menu scene and another for gameplay scenes so I can set the default map for each.

7. hoangthanhhau

hoangthanhhau

Hi there, I bought Little Dragons: Tiger and Animal Control, and am looking to resize the dragons' body and wings. How do you access the scalable bones menu like in demo?

Thank you!

8. ruthk838

ruthk838

Hey folks I have a problem.

currently I am working on a small Indie Game, Paws and Leaves – A Thracian Tale, and all I want is to change the UV of the fox in Blender or Maya and replace the mesh with the original fox in Unity.
    The problem is : I can replace the mesh with the tutorial I found on Youtube :

but the only thing the new fox does is sliding when I use the WASD. There are no animations and I don´t know why.
    I´m working with Unity version 2020.3.1f1

9. ashworth

ashworth

I just purchased the Animal Controller in the last week, i went to import it today; and i'm getting Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Animal Controller\AI Brain\MAIState.cs(357,31): error CS1061: 'SerializedProperty' does not contain a definition for 'RemoveObjectFromArrayAt' and no accessible extension method 'RemoveObjectFromArrayAt' accepting a first argument of type 'SerializedProperty' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

10. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi,

I am using the raven and animal controller.

When the raven eats he forces rotate into certain direction before playing the eat animation.

Anyway around this?

Thanks for advance.

Malbers likes this.
  11. Noctys

Noctys

I'm having an issue with Max Slope -- Well, not an issue... an annoyance. When my animal hits the max slope point it just stops dead in it's tracks like it hit a wall, it's a little jarring when you are running around and all of a sudden stop.

What I would like to see is the animal slow as it reaches the max slope, and then maybe allow it to go just a couple of steps past the max slope, and if it doesn't find footing below max slope it slides backwards (basically allowing a tiny bump to be stepped over). I'm assuming that functionality isn't available (so this is a feature request).

I can keep bumping up max slope, but unless I put at something close to 90% it doesn't look right. What I am wondering if anyone else has run into this snag and how they have dealt with it? Thanks!

Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there I just tested the latest version of AC 1.2.4d in 2020.3.f2 and is working as excepted
    In case of problems try removing the Script folder and downloading the asset again
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/changelog

13. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! that is the Aligner on the Eat Zone... Disable that and it will no longer align it.
    upload_2021-4-29_14-39-4.png

Stranger-Games likes this.
  14. Malbers

Malbers

That can be easily if your problem is small debris Tag your small objects as "Stair" and the animal will recognize those are small objects, and the Max Slope logic will be ignored

Attached Files:

15. Noctys

Noctys

@Malbers - Thanks, that's good to know. In this case it's actually just the terrain slope get's too steep. For the most part I can fix it by smoothing out the terrain. But if I am going up a slope that get steeper at the top, it's a bit weird that it just stops cold.

I can roll my own solution, just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already figured out a good way to do this.

16. Malbers

Malbers

I found out a tiny issue with the Fall State while testing all the scenes
    that maybe can improve the issues you are having..
    Next update will be live this monday
    Here's what I have so far:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/upcoming-chanelog

17. Noctys

Noctys

Malbers likes this.
  18. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Hello, first of all great animals and animations!
    One question, it is normal the Bear model includes no variations (just one model)?

19. Malbers

Malbers

The Bear include all the variations shown on the video :)

All are achieved from the same model..
    The variations are achieved by changing some blendshapes, scaled bones and textures

mindfulmx likes this.
  20. Sir_patrickl

Sir_patrickl

Hi,

I'm having some issues getting the Aim animations to work correctly with the Bow weapon on an AI character. I'm trying to get the NPC rider to aim at the player gameobject. It does rotate but the aim seem to be flipped in the wrong direction.

I'm using the Bow Main weapon and setup the Aim component with an aim target (player). I have my own camera which is a fixed perspective camera.

Is there something else I need to do in order to have the aiming work correctly with a non player character?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. The first issue was that I was disabling the "Parent to Mount" option which made it behave in an odd way. Not sure if that was intended? I had turned this off due to my own damage/collider setup where I don't want the horse being the root. I can work around this though so I enabled the option again.

The second was the Aim.CalculateCameraTargetSide function which gets the aiming side relative to the camera. I'm not using the camera for aiming but the field gets set automatically so the AimTarg check never runs. I flipped the code condition to check AimTarget first and this seemed to fix the other issue.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Check the last update I did that solves a lot of tiny issues, just like that one ;)
    Is fresh out of the oven

22. Malbers

Malbers

23. JBacal

JBacal

Hi @Malbers ,

I want the rabbit to be able to double jump. I also want the rabbit to be able to jump while swimming. How can I achieve this. I was able to do this with the wolf but the rabbit doesn’t seem to have this functionality.

Thanks, Jay

Update: Moving the Jump state above the Swim states enables me to jump while swimming. But I still don't see a way to add a double jump.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  24. manurocker95

manurocker95

25. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

26. ssbbb

ssbbb

Hi,

First of all cheers - this asset is amazing!

I am having troubles recreating the basic props collision from the demo and wondering if I am missing something obvious... When I import the Wolf Lite prefab into the scene and add a simple Cube primitive with box collider, the wolf would just go through it without colliding. If I set the Wolf to the default or player layer, it will collide, but there isn't any animation/rotation like in the demo scene (wolf playground). I love how it goes on 2 toes when you try to get past a wall/obstacle. That being said, I also noticed that on that scene, sometimes it glitches and going inside of the object or falls through the terrain on slopes (probably between frames?). So my questions are:

1. Am I missing something obvious in order to replicate the collisions and the up-on-2-legs animation on collision?
    2. Is the second bit a known issue? (going through colliders and falling through the terrain sometimes)

Thank you!

27. nppetrov

nppetrov

Hi @Malbers,

Hope you are doing good!

I've purchased your AC asset with the idea of using it together with this model (I love yours, but I needed a low-poly cat for my game).

I've followed the documentation and YouTube tutorials (also looked through this topic for help), but still can't get the walking animation right. My model just slides through the scene and can't get the full animation to play. I am including a video for context and also screenshots of my settings (I've tried setting the animation to loop and double-checked if the correct avatar is set):

Video link: https://imgur.com/a/SidgwBh

Screenshots:

Thank you!

28. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys!

Apologies for the late reply... I was travelling back home these days. (Roadtrip). That's why I didn't answer you sooner..

Yes! In this Update I fixed an error with the Landing Ray that was not working on scaled animals. the formula was wrong.
    In case of the Little dragons the fix is to change the Land Multiplier Value to 0.5
    upload_2021-5-8_10-55-33.png
    You can see it now as a Thick Yellow Line (Activate Debug on the Fly State and on the Animal Debug Gizmos)
    That shows the Length of the Ray that will be cast to find the ground to land.

Here are the Updated Sample scenes:

Attached Files:

29. Malbers

Malbers

Indeed :) moving the Jump Over the Swim, will allow any animal to Jump while swimming.

About the Double Jump (the Default Root Motion Jump does not allow to use the Double Jump feature)
    That's a new feature I'll be adding this upcoming week

JBacal likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

Oh I see... that is not a bug.. its a feature! :D:D
    Joke aside, is becase the Head collider is stuck on the ledge..
    The hot fix is to do a global collider for the animal, beside the internal ones on the Spine .
    But I also found these line of code was messing with my fix to push the animal forward when the head was stuck:
    upload_2021-5-8_11-30-11.png

z0e7xd3cA4.gif

Here's the Hot fix (attachment)

Attached Files:

manurocker95 likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

I see :)

in your case the Walk Animation should look like this when its in root motion: (when you use the Cat from the scene with the animator)
    r090qvQ514.gif
    The animal should move forward (Not return to the starting point like the Cat does in the video)

In the video I also see that there's an error with the transitions of the Animal.
    It's entering the Locomotion animations over an over again.
    Make sure all the Transitions conditions and Animations tags are set correctly..
    (Just like the Wolf Lite has)

32. mik52

mik52

I'm using Unka the dragon with Invector. I can't get the dragon to damage enemies created in invector. How would I set this up?

33. mik52

mik52

I figured out how to make the particles do damage. now i'm trying to get the dragon to fly backwards (drakan style)

Malbers likes this.
  34. nppetrov

nppetrov

Hi @Malbers,

Thank you for your answer!

Sorry about that, I've selected the wrong model in the preview window. When I select the correct one, it does move forward indeed.

I've used the MAnimal Base controller as per the tutorial and also double-checked if transitions/labels are matching the ones in the Wolf. Couldn't find any differences. Anything else that I might be missing?

Thanks!

35. manurocker95

manurocker95

Awesome man! Will try this asap!

Malbers likes this.
  36. alamak-oy

alamak-oy

Hello,
    Will you be adding PickUp/Drop animations for the dragons?
    P.S. I am playing with the little tiger now.

37. Malbers

Malbers

Can you share the project with me (just the cat prefab and its dependencies) to check it on my side to see what is missing? You can send it via personal msg. :)

38. TaylorCaudle

TaylorCaudle

Is there any way to stop the Mounts from disconnecting from their parents? I updated recently and now all my custom mounts keep disconnecting from their master objects (Spaceships, boats, etc)

I have a bunch of "Empty Mount" prefabs that worked fine until the update, and I cant find the code thats making them disconnect from their parents in the hierarchy. Any advice?

39. victorkin11

victorkin11

"Human Movement multiple landing animations" has bug, when soft landing happen and you keep hold w key forward, the soft landing animation keep looping repeat!

Malbers likes this.
  40. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for reporting this..
    it was a transition out of place on the Human Animator..
    The correct order is this:
    upload_2021-5-12_19-39-42.png

41. Malbers

Malbers

Sadly the Little dragons does not have pick up drop animations..
    I'm making a tutorial this weekend to show how to use the Pick Drop feature even without animations so stay tuned.

alamak-oy likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

Oh that's awesome you made custom mounts !!

There's no code for unparenting the Mounts component from the character.
    Can you elaborate a bit more on the issue? can you show a screenshot or video of the problem?

43. nullmoongames

nullmoongames

Hi,

I am trying to add custom animation events in order to instantiate a "slash" particle system for attacks. Of course it has to be a different particle system for each Ability.

I tried duplicating the animation from the base assets and add the event at frame 0, but it played the event twice for some reason.

I am also trying to catch the mode change with the Ability ID in order to instantiate the right particle system, but the events raised by OnAbilityIndexChanged always seems to return -99

I looked at the changelog from a while back, and it seems that this "double mode entering" issue was already present and had been fixed, maybe it's back?

Could I have some pointers on how to add custom events to either an animation, or when a specific mode with a specific Ability index enters?

Many thanks in advance.

Malbers likes this.
  44. nullmoongames

nullmoongames

Okay nevermind I just found out about the Effect Manager :rolleyes:

Malbers likes this.
  45. mentolatux

mentolatux

hello, i have some problem and not know how to fix, can you please tell me from where I setup this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. - can you please show me to setup to kill animal wolf in 3 bullet fire?
    2. - animal wolf not have hit animation like horse when i fire with pistol, spear, sword, fire projectile

46. hotpeperoncino

hotpeperoncino

MPickUp.cs patch

private void Collectable()
    {
    if (Item && Item.Collectable)
    {
    if (Item.DestroyOnPick)
    {
    Destroy(item.gameObject);
    }
    else
    {
    Item.IsPicked = false;
    }
    item = null;
    PickUpArea.gameObject.SetActive(true); //Enable the Pick up Area
    }
    PickUpArea.enabled = true; // <---- Collider itself should be specified to be enabled. maybe
    }

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  47. Malbers

Malbers

Awesome Catch!!

I'm preparing a Hot fix for next monday and that will be on it ^^

48. Malbers

Malbers

All the animals have the Hit animations on their AC Integration .

lrEXJwMxcP.gif
    Which wolf are you using?

Make sure the Animal has the Damageable component attached to it.

49. Razouille

Razouille

Hello @Malbers ,

First of all thank you for this wonderful asset, it's been a while I'm thinking about a simple party game with "real" animals, and this controller finally convinced me to start it, as it will save me a lot of time !

I'm currently playing with the Wolf Lite asset and looks like it already contains all behaviors I need, except one : while jumping in place, I'm not able to add air control (when the option in the pause menu is on, it only allows the character to follow its current rotation during a run jump or a sprint jump); basically, I'm adding height on the in-place jump, so the player could reach higher platforms, but currently while in the air I'm not able to move a bit. Is there any way to perform that with the current tool ? Else where could I script that without breaking anything ?

Thank you in advance :)

50. mik52

mik52

i cant get unka to aim at enemies. how do you set that up?