Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

A few more, he integrates so nicely :D

ia1.jpg
    ia2.jpg
    ia3.jpg
    ia4.jpg

ccfoo242, Malbers and ftejada like this.
  2. Bistou1

Bistou1

Why are some of the pages missing from the documentation ? D: Like respawner and events

3. Malbers

Malbers

They are compatible with HDRP ;)
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/quickstart/upgrade-to-hdrp

Hey my friend!I haven't forgot about you
    I'll be rechecking the Invector Integration today.. (I was working hard on other issues that demanded my full attention)

Actually yes!
    I'm planning to add the Rigging System Package from Unity and use it as the Default IK system for the animals and humans ;)

ProceduralCatMaker and ftejada like this.
  4. Malbers

Malbers

I'm still adding some missing documentation

5. Malbers

Malbers

Invector Integration has being updated ;)

Also there's a new AC and HAP hotfix/Update
    1.2.4c(AC) - 29 March 4.2.4c(HAP) 2021

• Added: PatrolTask can use now Runtime GameObject to find Waypoints (Closest, Random,First,etc
    • Added: StringVar and BoolVar to the MEvent Scriptable Object.
    • Added: String Listener
    • Added: String Comparer
    • Added: StateExitStatus Parameter. Needed for Climbing State better usage!.
    • Added: EnterState Tag. to the states
    • Fixed: Exit Transitions on the Raccoon Climb States.
    • Improved: Climb State logic.
    • Added: States now can have the same Priority (IMPORTANT) ⭐ . E.g. Swim and Climb wont ignore each other.

• Improved: Now with same Priority States; TryActivateState() logic is improved.
    • Added: Move AiTask now has Move to Last know location.
    • Fixed: Set Target Task Closest option was missing the logic.
    • Added: Check Stat Decision: Value Changed, Value Reduced, Value Increased

• Added: RuntimeGameObjectSets Scriptable: On Set Empty, On Item Added, On Item Removed
    • Added: HDRP Shader Package for 2019 LTS and 2020+
    • Imprved: AI States for the Brain now has internally the Tasks and Decisions

• Fixed: Has Arrived Decision was giving a null exception when there was no target
    • Added: Abstract Reaction Component.
    • Modified: LookAt Decision uses Layer Reference values for the Obstacle Layer.
    • Added: AI Control Component null reference for SetTarget(Gameobject)
    HAP
    * Fixed: Animator Global Speed from the Animal and the Rider were not in sync.

6. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

Hi! How do you change the horse textures from script?

7. Malbers

Malbers

Use the Material Changer Component :)
    upload_2021-4-3_11-25-23.png

Via code call these Function to change to the next Material item on the list:

MaterialChanger.NextMaterialItem("Body") or MaterialChanger.NextMaterialItem(0)
    MaterialChanger.SetMaterial("Body",true) or MaterialChanger.SetMaterial(0,true)

To change to the previous Material Item use

MaterialChanger.SetMaterial("Body",false) or MaterialChanger.SetMaterial(0,false)

Check the all the public methods here:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/utilities/material-changer#public-methods

8. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

This is very good news from you. As you might remember I have been testing extensively Rigging System Package for my procedurally animated Cat inside AC where Walk, Trot and Run animations are replaced by Animation Rigging based code.I have been working on this in the last month and results are interesting.
    I believe next week I should show you some of this, so you can think if it is interesting for your future development of AC.
    Hope you can soon do a further final step in Input System integration regarding local multiuser.
    thanks, stay well

Malbers likes this.
  9. Rowlan

Rowlan

Irval is crashing Pavements now :D

That's a road mesh, not a terrain ;)

ccfoo242 and Swyfft like this.
  10. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

Super! Is there a way to set it to an exact index?

11. Malbers

Malbers

Yes,
    void SetMaterial(int index, int nextIndex)

12. Malbers

Malbers

Oh that incredible!
    I havent explore deeply yet the Rigging system but is one of my main goals this year.
    I would love to see what you have acomplished :)

About the Input System, I'm releasing new assets first before jumping back into integrations, since I have models we made that have more than 4 months old, collecting dust, and I haven't release them yet :(

mandisaw likes this.
  13. sharifmeagalli

sharifmeagalli

How do i change unka's fire breath particle?

14. Malbers

Malbers

You can change the Firebreath prefab or the Fireball Lite prefab parameters

15. SOSolacex

SOSolacex

Hey!
    Out of curiosity, what kind of creatures/animals are on your planned to do list in the near future? Just excited to know what to look forward to :D

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

mandisaw likes this.
  17. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

Is there a way to use a player with a T-Pose in place of the cowboy? I'm wanting to use the animations with an UMA race.

18. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

I am having issue in LDT.
    In LD Sea Mode changes when mode is played with input. To exit IDInt Changes. But in LD Tiger Mode changes on input. but IDInt does not changes even if input is false. It gets stuck in loop and does not get out. Please help!

upload_2021-4-13_12-8-13.png

19. Malbers

Malbers

Changes that Animator Parameter Name name from IntID to ModeStatus.. that should do it...

Thanks for reporting this... I'm updating the animator on that asset :)

tahir_ali likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you character is humanoid they can share all the animations

21. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

Hello, we are currently using the wolf cub model as a player and we want to occupy a timeline linked with cinemachine but when we give it to record to add the position keys it begins to rotate and change position on the map, when we have tried with a cube or Another asset does not pass, besides that timeline gives an error (attached below with the video), what could this be due to? I already tried re-installing unity and going back to the factory layout.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationRecording.ProcessVector3Modification (UnityEditorInternal.IAnimationRecordingState state, UnityEditor.EditorCurveBinding baseBinding, UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification modification, UnityEngine.Transform target, System.String axis, System.Single scale) (at <8f44d91b549e47c9883e180579f26ef6>:0)
    3. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationRecording.ProcessAnimatorModifications (UnityEditorInternal.IAnimationRecordingState state, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Object,UnityEditorInternal.AnimationRecording+Vector3Modification]& positionModifications, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Object,UnityEditorInternal.AnimationRecording+RotationModification]& rotationModifications, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Object,UnityEditorInternal.AnimationRecording+Vector3Modification]& scaleModifications) (at <8f44d91b549e47c9883e180579f26ef6>:0)
    4. UnityEditorInternal.AnimationRecording.Process (UnityEditorInternal.IAnimationRecordingState state, UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications) (at <8f44d91b549e47c9883e180579f26ef6>:0)
    5. UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineRecording.ProcessMonoBehaviourModification (UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications, UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState state) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.17/Editor/Recording/TimelineRecording_Monobehaviour.cs:120)
    6. UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineRecording.ProcessUndoModification (UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications, UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState state) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.17/Editor/Recording/TimelineRecording.cs:18)
    7. UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.PostprocessAnimationRecordingModifications (UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.17/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_EditorCallbacks.cs:144)
    8. UnityEditor.Undo.InvokePostprocessModifications (UnityEditor.UndoPropertyModification[] modifications) (at <8f44d91b549e47c9883e180579f26ef6>:0)

22. Rowlan

Rowlan

I've learned today that the Raccoon can climb on anything that has a "Climb" tag. It has had that capability for a while. I should check out the demo scenes in more depth, it's sooo awesome :D Plus the latest Raccoon update got Fur cards (like the Wolf has), it looks very awesome now.

r1.jpg
    r2.jpg
    r3.jpg
    r4.jpg
    r5.jpg

Swyfft likes this.
  23. Rowlan

Rowlan

Photo Session with the Malbers Animals:

Swyfft likes this.
  24. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

I've inserted a new character, but the reins aren't in the right place. How do I fix this?

upload_2021-4-15_10-24-6.png

25. ccfoo242

ccfoo242

I'm following "Animal Controller(AC) Tutorial" on youtube and at the point in part 2 where you I add the input controller, my character is stuck in place. The walk animation plays but it won't move. Did I miss a step?

26. Malbers

Malbers

I found some issues that mess around with the Timeline when any script is using OnAnimatorMove... and all my scripts does that ! o_O

So I create a tiny script that you can use on the Editor while working with the timeline. which disable the OnAnimatorMove.

Add this to your animal
    upload_2021-4-15_10-51-25.png

27. Malbers

Malbers

No worries :) at the time I made the tutorial I forgot to tell that if your animations are Non-RootMotion {In Place}
    You need to add values to the position and rotation Speed Modifiers
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/main-components/manimal-controller/speeds

28. Malbers

Malbers

On the Rider Component.. you need to set which ones are the Right and the Left Hand. GameObjects
    upload_2021-4-15_10-54-29.png

If the problem continues, then reset the Offsets on the IK Rein Component. (Located on the Horse)

upload_2021-4-15_10-55-25.png

29. ccfoo242

ccfoo242

30. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!
    I am working on it, sadly I'm travelling these days until May
    . And I don't have a quite place to finish recording the remaining videos. :(

ccfoo242 likes this.
  31. NestorVG

NestorVG

I love the low poly forest animals, will there be low poly cows and maybe horses+donkeys+mules? Looking forward to new additions! :D

32. kwanggan

kwanggan

33. Rowlan

Rowlan

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

Having fun with the Raccoon

braidergames, Malbers and moosegun like this.
  35. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Recently picked up the poly animals pack and HAP. Just wanted to say that I love the assets/animations, great work, but I did notice some issues with the rideable wolves prefabs.

For some reason the CM Camera wants to target the Wolf V1 instead of the Rider when playing the scene/demo and will throw a NullReferenceException when you dismount Wolf V1. The rideable Wolf V2 on the other hand seems to have some issues with jumping. It can jump twice as high and far compared to every other rideable animal and I assume this is not intended?

Malbers likes this.
  36. moosegun

moosegun

Hi, recently picked up both HAP and your animals set, LOVE the assets and animations. I am using them alongside Invector and some synty polygon assets. I managed to get them all integrated, still a few bugs to iron out but working through them. I do have one issue though, I can get everything working together in play mode but it crashes on build whenever I have add any animals to the scene. This is not HAP as I have got that working on a another horse, and it builds and plays. It is only happens when I add animals. Player controlled, basic or enemy AI.

Any ideas? Tried all sorts of build options and there are no console errors when i play the game.

37. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for reporting this!
    Yes, Indeed the Wolf v1 still had the GameObject that makes him the Main Camera Target... Remove the Unity Event Raiser and that should fix the issue:
    upload_2021-4-18_21-42-11.png

About the all the animals jumps, they are all Root Motion Jumps.. so they should look like this:
    1l7aUIm57o.gif

To reduce the height of a RootMotion Jump you can change the multiplier on the Jump State -> Jump Profiles
    upload_2021-4-18_21-53-4.png

G4M5T3R likes this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! thanks for reporting this... this is a problem with a corrupted Scriptable Asset..
    Remove this Asset and it should work out again:
    upload_2021-4-18_21-54-29.png

This is solved on the 1.2.4d version from AC (Which is free if you have HAP)
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/changelog

Remove it or replace it for the newest version and tell me if the problem continues

Cheers!

39. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

The camera event did the trick but I still get a Null Reference when dismounting Wolf V1 in any scene not just the demo.

I spent longer than I'll admit looking for a Jump Multiplier parameter... in all the wrong places lol.
    Thank you for the speedy reply!

Edit: I've determined that the jumping issue wasn't due to root motion. I think the issue is the Wolf V2 prefab was missing an avatar? So I referenced the Wolf Pa v2 Avatar and it appears to be working as intended. :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  40. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for finding bugs that my sore eyes cannot :D
    Let me update ASAP with all the fixes on my side :)
    The Avatar indeed was missing!! :eek:

Edit:

Found the Error on the Null Exception:
    upload_2021-4-19_14-17-5.png

The FreeLookCamera Manager was my Old Camera Rig (Is no longer use since I use now Cinemachine)
    Removing that will remove the Null Exception )
    PS I need to check all the animals now :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    G4M5T3R likes this.
  41. antsonthetree

antsonthetree

Hello @Malbers - In the Playground demos the moving platforms always move out from under the player. This happens in all of the playground demos. Is this intentional? How can I make my player stay on the platforms?

Malbers likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

No! is not intentional, this is a bug caught this weekend :)
    Here's the fix:

Attached Files:

antsonthetree likes this.
  43. antsonthetree

antsonthetree

Thank you!

Malbers likes this.
  44. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

There's a lot going on between the different assets/updates. Stuff like a reference here and event there are bound to slip through the cracks, minor issues really. If I had more experience with your assets I would have tried to squash and report/submit these bugs myself instead of commenting vague bread crumbs... Maybe next time lol.

For what it's worth I didn't notice any other missing avatars or Null cameras with any of the other rideable animals, and I gave each and every one a thorough test drive. Thanks again for the quick support/fixes. You can expect five stars from me in the near future.

Malbers likes this.
  45. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

Add the script and when trying to make the changes the error still occurs, it no longer rotates uncontrollably but if it makes a 150 ° turn and tries to return to the 0,0,0 position, what could this be due to?

46. nullmoongames

nullmoongames

I upvote the new Input System implementation. IMO this is a must have for these adorable creatures :)

Thanks in advance

47. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

upload_2021-4-21_11-19-29.png
    What are the known issue for this line of code?
    I am using area based enemies. By default area is inactive when player goes to that area it becomes active with its enemies. But the bug is if player leave this area it becomes inactive and all enemies do not(because of above code). So enemies falls down.

48. Malbers

Malbers

I see you are using 2020.3 Timeline.. I'll check that version and I'll let you know.

You can check the new Input System Integration here, its working great. I still need to add the local Multiplayer feature but for Single Players is working.
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/integrations/unity-input-system-new

That line of code is mainly to Unparent at Start every animal that was "Grouped" on a GameObject.
    This is mainly because the Attack Triggers, MDamageable and other components Component search for the Animal Component on the root of the GameObject.

49. nullmoongames

nullmoongames

Thank you very much for the link. After carefully reading the documentation and integrating the MInputLink, the wolf will only walk.

Same behavior happens with the provided prefab "Wolf Lite Input Link"

50. nullmoongames

nullmoongames

It seems to be the locomotion tree that's behaving erratically with the new input system. Vertical only goes up to 2, and horizontal acts crazy.

Malbers likes this.