Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

I'm separating the Mount ID and Dismount ID ;) thanks for the feedback on this.

2. Malbers

Malbers

Yes you have an automatic option for mounting on each Mount Trigger ;)
    For better solutions you can increase the side of the Mount triggers to have a better chance to mount... for the Avobe Trigger at least:
    upload_2021-1-21_14-3-17.png

3. waltercl

waltercl

Thanks! I'm mounting from above now with no issues.

Malbers likes this.
  4. freyzorr

freyzorr

Found a little typo :)
    upload_2021-1-22_9-37-29.png
    keep up the good work \o/

Malbers likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

hahah My bad! thanks for this!!

6. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I have a beta version for the New Input System Integration
    so if you want to try it out and help me find bugs that would be awesome!!

Here's a super quick video on how to use it (Tutorial will come after release)
    : (Both Keyboard and GamePad working together )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  7. waltercl

waltercl

At some point I'm going to be working in "Rewired" into my game so users can easily change their input system to their liking (Remap input keys, etc.)

What I'd like to do is keep the input for the horse the same as whatever they choose for the player so there's no confusion and so they don't have to configure both. Turn Left for Player is the same for the Horse, etc.

Malbers likes this.
  8. phnxstudio

phnxstudio

Hey, I just got the AC and the wolf, just for the fun of it because it looks so great! :) Respect!

However, I’m quite new to game engines, and maybe you could be so kind to point me what to research to solve that …? Demo Wolf Point&Click throws an error creating agent because the scene is missing a valid NavMesh. What would be the best way to create one for that scene? Or is it somewhere and I just need to plug that info in somewhere?

Also, concerning the new input system beta, on importing Unity complains "MInputLink.cs(8,19) namespace "InputSystem" does not exist in namespace "UnityEngine". But I assume that’s not a bug but something I do wrong? :)

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the great work!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  9. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Great dear Malbers! I will devote to it all day tomorrow and let you know.
    In the meanwhile I have been digging more in your AI and in doing so , after going nuts for something that was not working as expected I believe I have found a rather nasty bug in the Mode.cs code in the ContainState method.
    protected static bool ContainState(ModeProperties properties, StateID ID)
    { return properties.affectStates.Contains(ID); }
    To reproduce the issue I have also tested it in the standard WolfLite with AC1.2.2c, Playground sample, and discobered it is not limited to the AI.

protected static bool ContainState(ModeProperties properties, StateID ID)
    { return properties.affectStates.Contains(ID); }

Basically I was getting in debug a series of Current State Not in Include List [Idle] is Blocking Drink
    even if they were set in the mode. Debugging C code I saw that ContainsState was returning wrong result.

Keep in mind that as I said the bug is nasty to identify but then easy to understand and fix (as often the case!).
    To reproduce:
    use WolfLite Playground sample. Play, bring wolf to the eat zone, press E. It works OK!
    Stop. Choose the Wolf and go to Inspector. M Animal, choose Modes, click eat mode in the list, open the Affect5 states list without doing anything.
    Play again. Go once more to eat zone, press E, nothing happens and you get a Current State [Idle] is Blocking Eat
    debug message!!!
    Pretty strange and amazing indeed!!

This has to do to the way C# hadles Contains in Lists of objects of type T.
    To work Contains needs to check equality between two objects. By default, for reference types it does it by checking reference equality. Therefore, having two different instances (objects in memory) of same type and with same values to all properties will still result in them being not equal, and for Contains to return false

easily solved replacing with properties.affectStates.Exists(x => x.ID == ID);

but really weird and nasty.

I have not checked if other contains in your project could have similar issues, but it is worth investigate the matter to avoid scratching the head later trying to understand what is happening, as I experienced in the last couple of days...

Hope every is clear. Your solution is great and very well conceived, Glad if I can help with some of these insiduous debugging matters. Be sure I will with the new Input System.

Let me know if I am wrong in reporting this issue, and if so excuse me, I only want to help improve your solution.
    bye

Malbers likes this.
  10. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  11. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

As in Italy we are several hours ahead. I have been able, as promised, to give you feedback on the new Input System module. I am vewy pleased, as usual.
    It only took me half an hour to get around with it mostly because there were no instructions, but no problem with that. Maybe someday I could help you with documentation.
    So, in brief, using popular wolf Lite PlayGround - Unity 2020.2 last (1f1) this id what I did. Tell me if OK with You.
    1) In Unity Project settings in Player choose Net 4 and Input System Package
    2) Then in scene in Malbers Settings Menu disable/delete M Input component
    3) Accept suggestion to change from Old Unity StandaloneInput Module to new Unity InputSystem UI Input Module
    upload_2021-1-25_11-37-40.png

4) In its Actions Asset choose the new Malbers Input action asset
    upload_2021-1-25_11-37-18.png

5) In Wolf Lite/Your Character disable/delete old Malbers Input component and add new MInput Link component
    upload_2021-1-25_11-38-2.png
    6) Add actions as you like. see https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/integrations/unity-input-system-new
    7) To add missing Gameplay input actions (Action, Speed++, Speed-- are missing for now) open in Project the Malbers Input asset and you get the Action Maps Editor where you can do the bindings. Follow New Input System docs for it. Remember to save ot set autosave in it!!!
    upload_2021-1-25_11-38-22.png
    8) Last thing to do, if your project is not already set for cinemachine using new Input System, is to define it as CinemachineInput. To do so you can Add in CM FreeLook Main Cinemachine Input Provider and set it using Malbers Gameplay Look
    upload_2021-1-25_11-38-45.png

Play and have fun. So Far so good Malbers. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for that... indeed is a very strange bug... and I'm looking in all other contains in my project to check it out! I have changed to Exist instead... they will be ready for the next update ;)

13. Malbers

Malbers

Yeah, haha there's no Documentation for it yet, I'm still retouching the component . After I have something solid I jump into the documentation.

Yes all those steps are the correct ones!! :)

14. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Perfect, we all like you spend your time in a creative manner...
    So, all day spent on AC Input System to replicate what I was able to achieve with my old hack, aiming at local multiuser.
    Isee that for now you have commented out some of the multi-player functionalities, like MInputActionMap //********For Future one*********.
    Tomorrow I will dig further. really like top see different animals plkaying in real time with different controllers diving them.
    bye for now. No issues found so far.

Malbers likes this.
  15. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Just ran into this:

MAnimalAIControl.CheckOffMeshLinks will throw a NRE if you end up on a NavMeshLink (from the NavMesh Components Github repo) rather than an OffMeshLink.

The line
    OffMeshLink CurrentOML = OMLData.offMeshLink;
    is the culprit. Everything in this block assumes that if you're on a Manual link, that this line will return a value, but if you're on a NavMeshLink, the link type still registers as Manual, but this will return null because it's not an OffMeshLink component generating the manual link.

The Start and End data that the script is looking for further down can still be found on OMLData, though.

16. LNMRae

LNMRae

Hi, Malbers, I'm trying to use the little mouse dragon with Game Creator, turning them into a GC Character, but I'm experiencing some unexpected behavior with the animations. The dragon's mesh will stretch like its skeleton is fitted for a different kind of dragon. At first I thought it was something with GC, but then I noticed that this behavior happens if the Unity Event Raiser script is disabled no matter what, even if I'm trying to build an Animator Controller from scratch?

I've attached a picture, the left is how the dragon should look, the right is an example of the stretching I'm speaking of upon entering playmode.

Any idea why I'm experiencing this and how I might fix it to work with Game Creator?

Attached Files:

17. andrew210

andrew210

Wonderful assets! Have been getting to grips with things again coming up with ideas for using many animals at once, having purchased the poly elephant pack I noticed theres no Jump or Fall animations, Jump makes sense (never seen a jumping Elephant myself), however to my mind having a "Fall" animation for all animals would be handy (the user is always capable of walking themselves off a ledge?). Is there a strategy for using the Animal Controller for animals that don't include a fall animation?

Malbers and MasonWheeler like this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there in case of the Mouse Little Dragon he uses the same animations as the Little Tiger Dragon, so What I do is to add a Corrective Pose to fix the Bones:
    You will see that the Mouse Animator Has an Additive Layer " Type " with a Fix Animation
    upload_2021-1-27_18-15-1.png
    That corrects the Pose.
    Apply the same technique to your New Animator and it should work properly

LNMRae likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Here's the latest version of the New Input Integration... a lot of changes and new fixes:

Attached Files:

20. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for reporting this... I'll experiment with the Nav Mesh from the GitHub this weekend ..

21. Malbers

Malbers

For the Elephant I made a preventing Falling Option with the locomotion State...
    He still can "fall " if there's no ground beneath him )(But with no Fall Animation)

I make him so it can be use for large area spaces, Savannahs ... where there's no need to fall ;)

If you still need some Kind of fall animation for the Elephant I can add it to my to do list. :D

andrew210 likes this.
  22. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

Hello, again I wanted to ask for help with a couple of things, I and some friends found ourselves generating a platform game, for which we wanted to consult if it is possible to prevent using Poly Art: Wolf together with Animal Controller from falling immediately when one of the legs stay in the air, we have been looking at this issue but we have not succeeded, we need for the gameplay that it is triggered further behind the front legs. Is there a way to configure coyote time in addition to modifying with which leg the fall is executed?

We have also changed the value of Turn Multiplier looking to make a faster movement, but when the falling animation is executed it sometimes rotates in the air, we assume that there is some force that is executed on the falling animation, is there anything we can do to keep it from turning?

When we jump forward (walking and jumping to get to the next obstacle) sometimes it takes an impulse that makes it seem like it flies a bit in the air, sometimes it even causes the obstacle to pass and not reach where we are aiming to go, is there a way to eliminate that momentum you take when jumping?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  23. andrew210

andrew210

Have been working with your assets since 2017 and your patience and willingness to go the extra mile for people makes purchasing more of your assets a very easy decision. If you happen to find time to add a fall animation to it then that would be super but would expect it to be and understand it being a very low priority item!

24. mattxreality

mattxreality

Hi @Malbers I continue to find more ways of using the characters from the Unity Assets I've purchased. The same project where I'm using the wolf as an interactive AI companion for the player, I am also using the Unka and horse assets (another part of the story). Here's a cinematic sequence using the characters and animations in a Unity Timeline:

25. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Spent a few hours with the new version of InputSystem and have seen the many changes and response improvement.
    Hacking around I was able to have two players with two gamepads, but without original PlayerInput component for now there is no disambiguation of OnMoves.
    Then i tried to include their PlayerInputManager and this also pretends to have a PlayerInput component on the character.
    So, if I uderstand your plan, we will have your MInputLink component as a replacement for PlayerInput interacting with PlayerInputManager.
    One thing that I am somehow worried about with multiplw characters active is interference of cameras when we have in M Animal the CameraInput flag set, as most people do in 3rd Person play. For sure you have a solution also to that.
    Can't wait to see it working.
    Thanks as usual for your efforts.

Malbers likes this.
  26. LNMRae

LNMRae

Thanks for the quick response, that did the trick!

Malbers likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

Yes :) you can do that :)
    The fall state has a Forward Multiplier for the Fall Ray, which is the Purple one that enables the Fall State.. if you set that multiplier to zero or a negative value, you can achieve the behavior you need:
    upload_2021-1-29_13-48-33.png
    Yes!
    Set the Air Rotation on the Fall State to zero ;)
    For Platforming snapping inputs are really important so I understand completely what you need ;)
    Which animal are you using?
    The settings you need required changes with Start Jumps Animations... which are the Anticipation animations for the jump... you will need remove those animations and add a transition directly to the Jump Air Animation, but that will require some tweaking all the Jump transitions..

So depending the animal you are using I can help you set those modifications correctly ;)

28. Malbers

Malbers

That looks incredible!!

29. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for your Feedback!

The first iteration is just for Single Players Only
    With very little complications ;)

I did try to make it that is works multiple local players , just like the Demo from Unity and the Viking warriors, but without the Player Input is really tricky,
    so I've decided to made a second script that uses as the source Input the Player Input, instead of the Input Asset .

For now I'll keep testing the Input Link for single player. and I'll be releasing it this next monday. and I'll pause the local multiplayer feature until I release the Wolf realistic, which is almost ready

PD: They have some hidden techniques under de hood for doing the Local Multiplayer thingy, they Duplicate the Input Asset for all the Players on the scene so when they enable or disable inputs on a player it wont affect the other players... very tricky stuff hahah.

30. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Thanks Malbers, I also know well their samples and today I uncommented some of your code to play with it and try to understand a little more. Interesting stuff...
    I was also able to set up buttons etc, and got them working with several setups. one is this
    upload_2021-1-29_20-12-16.png

I agree that Input System is really weird in many things. In my old implementation for AC I used the Player Input and the manager and was working well, but of course I had to hack your code in several areas, losing some of your user friendly editor inputs.
    With your code one way to solve some issues is once again to hack things, this time in their DelegateHelpers, but of course this is not a viable route for a product like yours that has to follow the rules.

Stay well, devote your time to your beloved wolf. I will for sure get it as it comes out. Interested to see what kind of approach you are adopting this time. Rabbit and Raccon were nice but i believe the wolf will be amazing!!
    bye

Malbers likes this.
  31. runezero

runezero

Hi Malbers,

Thank you so much for your great Horse Anim Pro set. We want to make some additions on the horses model (other breeds that involve different mane and body styles). I adjusted your mane model a little bit in blender, exported as a fbx file, just to see if we can make it work, but somehow we can't get the mane to work with the realistic horse prefab. How can we change the mane model and make it correspondent with the horses body?

If you need more information to help us out, please let me know. Hopefully you can help us out! Thanks in advance.

32. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi Malbers, I am using ‘Ravens and Crows’, I want to change the ‘Position’ of ‘Fly’ at runtime, but it always automatically changes back to 5. I tried to change the value with the following code but the same was unsuccessful.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.N))
    2.         {
    3.             mAnimal.speedSets[0].Speeds[0].position.Value = 1;
    4.         }
    How can I change this value at runtime?

20210201064537.png

33. Malbers

Malbers

in your case it should be
     mAnimal.speedSets[1].Speeds[0].position.Value = 1;

Since the Index 0 is for the Ground Speed, 1 is for Fly
    or
     mAnimal.SpeedSet_Get("Fly").Speeds[0].position.Value = 1;

An even faster way of reaching that value is to create a Scriptable Float Variable and use it on that parameter, like this:
    7MKvlb96vP.gif

and you can set the value there.
    Unity_B13sy8b1YA.png

That way you can access that Value anywhere on your other scripts:

Using

public FloatVar  RavenFlySpeed

34. Malbers

Malbers

For the Mane you will need to maintain its skinning intact, If you add or remove vertices the skin will be broken.
    Here's what could happen
    https://twitter.com/MalberShark/status/999004186942627840?s=20

You can try to fix it using the Animator Optimize feature... but that will change the hierarchy of the horse by removing the bones.

So, but before you do it, you will need to duplicate the Horse to have a reference of where all the hierarchy was before and after.

So you can rearrange the Bones again to their Default position on the hierarchy.

35. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

We are currently using Wolf Cub (we have had to make some changes in the animation times because it is a smaller model, we know that it does not work the same as the other models).

We would still like to know if it is possible to edit any part of the script to try to add the coyote time (that 0.25 seconds after it leaves the platform it can still jump, we think it would be enough to delay the variable that indicates if it is on the floor)

Thanks for the help.

Malbers likes this.
  36. Metirof

Metirof

Hello @Malbers

im facing an issue with animal AI controller, the AI lose path after entering the Fall stat, and since the target is not moving the AI will never update the path please check video below :

(to show you on the video i forced the fall by dragging the animal on Y+, but i guarantee that the same thing happend if the animal enters fall stat in a slope for exemple)
    So how can i make it recalculate path after landing ?

37. Malbers

Malbers

For the Coyote Time you can easily fix the Fall State ;)

Try setting the Forward Ray to a negative value:
    upload_2021-2-2_13-57-38.png

That is the Purple Fall Ray shown on the Gizmos , which is in charge of activating the Fall state

setting it to a negative value will allow the Coyote Time ;)

Gamerzon94 likes this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for reporting this!

Here on the MAinmalAIControl... comment this line
    upload_2021-2-2_14-12-29.png

Metirof likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

1.2.3(AC) - 2 Feb 2021 (HAP 4.2.3) is live
    • Added: IInput Source SetInputAxis(Vector2 input) method. Needed for the New Input System
    • Added: INTEGRATION with the New Input System (Ready)
    • Changed: Name of all Malbers Components on the Inspector.
    • Fixed: AI Control Stopping distance was not reset when using Set Destination (Click Point Example)
    • Fixed: AI Control, when using Point Click the Target was not reset when clicking on simple ground.
    • Improved: Interactable Interface has GameObject and ID for recognize the Interactable
    • Added: Interactor component (Point Click ).
    • Fixed: Aim Component. Ray Length parameter was not showing on the inspector.
    • Added: New Point Click Demo with AI Enemies
    • Added: Fall State now prevents missing ground check falling when the character has no fall from edge animation.
    • Added: MAnimalAiControl ClearTarget() Method
    • Improved: Float and Int Comparer components.
    • Added: Damager now uses the Interactor Interface
    • Improved: Joystick Component no longer uses Update to send V2 Values.
    • Improved: Input management for external Sources on the Animal Component is handled better. (Integration with New Input System)
    • Fixed: Zones were not resetting properly the Mode Ability when exiting the zone (Only when Reset Option was enabled).
    • Added: AI Animal Control Checks now for Impartial/Invalid Path
    • Added: Ai Animal Control <Point Stopping Distance>, used with SetDestination()...PointClick
    • Improved: Changed the Affect State solutions for the Modes, Using now Exist instead of Contains.
    • Fixed**: Sometime (Tricky Bug) 2 states tried to activate themselves at the same time... That causes the Animal to stay on a Pending state forever.
    • Improved: Implemented a better solution for falling and the animal get stuck while falling.
    • Modified: Zone Component Animal Layer Mask Parameter. Before the Search Layer was set internally
    • Added: Int/Float Comparer now has a Reorderable List Inspector
    • Added: Modify Stat as Scriptable Object.
    • Fixed: Fall while Strafing from Locomotion was setting a fall speed of zero
    • Fixed: Fetch demo.
    • Added: Gravity Limit Cycle to the Animal Component

HAP
    • Added: Right Hand, Left Hand Transform References for the Rider
    • Improved: IK Rein Component Code.
    • Added: DismountID to the Mount Trigger Component
    • Fixed: Dismount Behaviour Get Rider component changed to Find Component. (Game Creator Integration)

ProceduralCatMaker likes this.
  40. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

Any word on the NavMesh link issue?

41. Malbers

Malbers

Can you remind me the issue?
    Is it the GitHub new NavMesh system?
    If that is the case I didn't get the chance to check it out with the release of the recent update

Update: I found you ;) and the request
    I'm fixing it right now

This If for null check solves the issue
    upload_2021-2-2_19-4-53.png

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    MasonWheeler likes this.
  42. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Hey man i am having issue related to locomotion on stairs type things. Player does not move if there is little bit higher ground in the way. Is there any setting for smoother movement?
    Jump Issue.gif

43. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Thank you Malbers, another milestone!
    For those who want to try the new Input System using the new integration module I just want to add a couple of suggestions, beside the official guide that you find at
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/integrations/unity-input-system-new
    If you create a new project importing AC 1.3, follow the instructions and try the standard 1 - PlayGround Wolf Lite sample you will get a bunch of errors in Play. No major issues. Here is what you should do to solve them:
    1) in sample Hierarchy select Settings Menu and accept the proposed change to New Input System in Standalone Input Module and disable/remove the M Input component.
    upload_2021-2-3_15-19-42.png

2) in sample Hierarchy select Game Settings and disable/remove the M Input component.
    Now you can Play the sample without errors but you will see that Cinemachine is not aiming correctly.

3) in sample Hierarchy select CM FreeLook Main and add Add to it Cinemachine Input Provider component and set it using Malbers Gameplay Look
    upload_2021-2-3_15-43-43.png

Now you can play with AC aligned to the latest Unity Cinemachine and Input System Packages, even with latest Unity 2020.2

Thank Malbers for his devotion to keep up with Unity evolution !!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    JBacal and Malbers like this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Today I'm updating the guide :) and I'll make a Tutorial on how to use it with Horse Animset Pro. Thanks for your suggestions I'll add it as well

ProceduralCatMaker likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

for small debris Tag them as "Stair"
    upload_2021-2-3_12-12-46.png

if the problem continues let me know

46. JBacal

JBacal

Hello Malbers,

First - congratulations on a great asset!

I am integrating Opsive Third Person Controller and Malbers Horse AnimSet Pro. I would like to set the Attack1 state in the Malbers Input component to the Xbox controller right trigger (which is Joystick Axis 10th axis). But this doesn't seem to work. Only the Joysticks buttons seem to work. Is there a workaround so I can use the right trigger (Joystick Axis)?

Thanks,
    Jay

47. JBacal

JBacal

Next question.

If I want to add the Malbers Mounted Combat to the Opsive Third Person Controller (Demo HAP Animator), how would I go about that? Is there a way to copy the combat related Animations Layers from AC Rider Animator to the Demo HAP animator? Would I have to rebuild the animator layers from scratch?

Thank, Jay

48. JBacal

JBacal

Or is it possible to use the Opsive weapon abilities while riding the Malbers horse?

49. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Player stays in falling state on that mesh which has stair layer. Jump Issue.gif

50. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

I did some further steps with New Input System and just want to raise a small UI issue identified testing Rabbit Re Callbacks example. No big deal, but something you might want to improve/fix when have time (Wolf first!!!).
    Beside the setup that we already discussed, we have in this case an EventSystem that has a InputSystemUIInputModule component instead of the old StandAloneI(nputModule.
    Here we can choose an action Asset and map a series of Input Actions as described in the
    InputSystemUIInputModule Component documentation and preset in unity's DefaultInputActions Asset

now, in your present Malbers Input Action asset we are missing at least the essential Point and LeftClick.
    Easy to add with the Editor, no problem, but I suggest you set them as default in the next release, maybe with others also.
    upload_2021-2-4_16-57-56.png

Then, at least with my present knowledge of your internals, there is a problem with Ui buttons triggering actions.
    For example, in order to trigger the jump button instead of your setup based on an event trigger on PointerDown and PointerUp, I only succeded using the On Click with a direct binding to the Rabbit. Apparently no EvenyListener is catching up the Event Trigger events.
    Have you any idea of what is happening?
    upload_2021-2-4_17-3-49.png
    Same thing for each of the other buttons, with appropriate Mode and Ability Pins.

Thank you as usual dear Malbers, let me know what you think and do not worry, just testing the new features.
    bye

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021