Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. manurocker95

manurocker95

And dunno if it's me but some polygons seem to break (like the wing) upload_2020-11-18_15-37-10.png

P.D: Eating and Drinking animations would be appreciated for irval and unka

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Malbers

Malbers

That's awesome!!!
    for The Boolean conditional I created the Variable Listeners:(you can use a variable var) or a Local one
    Bool:
    upload_2020-11-18_10-37-4.png
    Integer:
    upload_2020-11-18_10-38-1.png
    Int Comparer:
    upload_2020-11-18_10-38-32.png

Same goes to the Float values ;)

ProceduralCatMaker likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for reporting this!
    I'll take a look at it
    That's super weird, can you tell me which unity are you using?

Those are on my to do list ;)

4. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Well, good to see another Hipple's estimator around here.
    After getting deeper in Malbers code in the last couple of months I have put away my own implementation as he is really doing a good job with it, making code more abtract than any other Unity controller I have spent time with before choosing AC (few hundred dollars of assets and a couple of man/months invested for analysis alone).
    Malbers is well known for his models and animations, but I have great respect for his architectural and coding style. Quite a combination of talents and methodology!
    Having said that, I am happy to see that Cinemachine is here and Input System is around the corner.
    I have already done my own implementation of both on AC as I wanted to test some multiplayer functions thei open up, but once again I will most probably adopt his native version, in order to retain upgrade compatibility for the future.
    Next major steps for me is understanding how to take advantage of the power of Unity'sAnimation Rigging Package inside AC to add realtime interaction inside existing animations and integrate facial espressions added to my animal characters remapping in realtime Iphone ARkit mocaps.
    Already done both but still have to figure out how to fit best inside AC.

stay well

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  5. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Thanks Malbers, Just downloaded new 1.2.2 package and checking changes, starting with cinemachine, to see how you managed it, for sure better than my simple implemenytation.
    I do not see anywhere a changeLog in the package manager, but searching around I found, guess one day early
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...ex/changelog#1-2-2a-ac-nov-19-2020-hap-4-2-2a

Good, so I can starting testing the new features, very interesting stuff, as usual.

Milano,Italy is again a mess. How is it there, i guess in Quito?

Malbers likes this.
  6. CelticWarriorMoon

CelticWarriorMoon

For some reason all the scripts and many of the prefabs in the newest Animal Controller (1.2.1) are missing??? Can anyone explain why and can I fix this issue?

7. Malbers

Malbers

Quito is very steady with Covid... I mean, a lot of daily cases but we are going down on the curve.
    Here's the Video of the New AC with Cinemachine installation:

8. CelticWarriorMoon

CelticWarriorMoon

After installing the updated version (1.2.2), everything is working fine, thank you ^^

Malbers likes this.
  9. manurocker95

manurocker95

Also mentioning, just importing irval + animal controller gives error with the free look camera. Replacing with a new FLC fixes the issue, but just reporting in case :)

2020.1.13f1 + latest URP

Malbers likes this.
  10. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Hey friend,
    Mobile Scene is not updated with Cinemachine Camera in latest version of AC.
    Is there a issue for mobile input?
    Cinemachine Camera has script "CinemachineTouchInputMapper" for touch input.
    I edited this script to my needs and Integrated it with your mobile joystick.

11. CelticWarriorMoon

CelticWarriorMoon

Hey there, I noticed while using the Animal Controller with your Poly Art Deer asset that even with all the speeds (walk, trot and run) added, pressing the 2 and 3 keys to change the speed did nothing. Inputs are correct on the Malbers Input panel, can you please help me with this?

12. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, the Mobile Demos I didn't find how to make it work!!
    Thank you for that!!! I'll check the Cinemachine Touch mapper to finally finish the Full Cinemachine integration :)

If you want to have your integration be part of the Mobile Cinemachine for AC/HAP and you don't mind sharing it you can send it to me ^^

tahir_ali likes this.
  13. Malbers

Malbers

Make sure you have on the Speed ++ Input this Connection: MAnimal.SpeedUp()
    upload_2020-11-19_12-29-20.png
    And for Speed -- Input this Connection: MAnimal.SpeedDown()

Also is set to use the 1 & 2 keys (instead of 2 & 3) ;)

14. CelticWarriorMoon

CelticWarriorMoon

Thanks so much ^^

Malbers likes this.
  15. mattxreality

mattxreality

@Malbers Do you have a "sit" animation for the Wolf? I purchased the Wolf pack for the additional animations, but see there is no sit. Is that available for download somewhere? Thank you!

UPDATED: Right after posting, I found my answer. You call it "SEAT". I found the animation. Thanks for including it in the asset!!

Malbers likes this.
  16. CelticWarriorMoon

CelticWarriorMoon

I'm having some problems with the JumpStart, Jump and then JumpEnd when I use your deer asset. It doesn't seem to land correctly and gets stuck in a weird loop where it looks like it's "twitching" (idk how to explain it but it's definitely not the intended effect!). I followed your documentation perfectly, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. (FYI I used the FallRecover animation as the "LandCliff" that each jump transitions to, if that's any more helpful)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  17. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Why not. Happy to help.
    upload_2020-11-20_12-28-40.png

Attached Files:

18. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Why Not, Happy to help!

upload_2020-11-20_12-31-37.png

Here is the script!

Attached Files:

19. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Tested new version and works flawlessy for me.
    Still have to test the new GameObject Hook to see how to take advantage of it.
    Wonder if you have suggestions for its usage.
    thanks

Malbers likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Here is a quick explanation of the Transform Hook ;) Apologies for my Spanish English accent ^^
    Sames applies to the GameObject Hook

(Change the quality to High on the settings options)

Metirof and ProceduralCatMaker like this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Is there another setting i should check?
    I'm trying to make it work with no luck...
    everything is connected the values on the script are changing but the camera is not moving

tahir_ali likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

Yes that is a problem with the transitions on the animator

Let me re-check the Deer Animator Jump transitions to see what's failing

23. Artomiano

Artomiano

Hi there,

for a stylized project I think about buying the asset pack "poly art animals forest set". The pack looks great so far. But I would need some more animals like sheeps, goats, horses. Is there any chance to get it next time (months)?

Cheers
    Tom

Malbers likes this.
  24. SOSolacex

SOSolacex

Hey man, the updates look great!
    I check this forum post every once in a while to see how things are you going - love to see the progress.
    Noticed the pegasus too, 7 pages ago and the wolf playing catch with the player. Good stuff!
    Almost makes me want to switch over from a* pathfinding back to classic unity navmesh because of the animal controller. haha

Either way, keep it up.
    I got my wallet ready for if you ever do centaurs as I really want to make a centaur village. :p
    Although obviously there'd be so much more work into that due to so much more animations (battle, horse, human arms etc), different hairstyles AND male/female.

So I'll be patient.. if you ever plan on doing it. haha

Malbers likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment the next pack on production is the Savannah pack ...
    Here's you can take a quick look:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/asset-in-production

The Farm pack is on the list but it wont be any time soon sorry

26. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you!
    Don't worry A*Path finding integration is around the corner :) Right after the Integration with the New Input System and Game Creator.
    Centaurs.... that a great Idea... I'll add it to the list ^^

27. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a Quick Demo for a new tutorial I'm working on:

Here are the Project scene and the improvements I did to the Brain Script to make things easier ;)

Attached Files:

28. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

In new Project With latest AC Mobile Scene. Changed the input Axis. No changes on Camera. I copied The camera from other Demo scene. Its Working fine!
    upload_2020-11-21_9-57-15.png

Jump Issue.gif

29. radzior

radzior

Hey @Malbers I still can't figure out how to make the wolf react to a damage sphere, I followed the video tutorial (also online Documentation) and can't get it to work. The only difference between new version of AC and documentation I've noticed is that 'Animation Tag' has been removed from the General section under Damage (Mode) (see image below). As is the wolf does not play damage right or left animations when hit with the Damager sphere. Could you guide me through how to set it up properly?

malbers.png m2.png

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  30. carlosctcl

carlosctcl

Hi! I've download 4.2.2 version and after import all files, when i drop the prefab in my terrain, the horse is always falling.
    Also happen with the human.
    I have terrain collider and i havent seen any difference with your terrain in the demos scene.
    Where is the mistake?

Regards!

Malbers likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

This is a common error ;) no worries:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...nents/manimal-controller/general#ground-layer

Check that your Animal has the same ground Layer as your Terrain

32. Malbers

Malbers

Check that the sphere has the Damage set correctly:
    upload_2020-11-21_16-18-53.png

upload_2020-11-21_16-20-27.png

33. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap! that was it!! haha Thank you!

tahir_ali likes this.
  34. SOSolacex

SOSolacex

Amazing news!!
    Can't wait!

And yeah.. I noticed a severe lack of centaurs on the unity store too. So I am counting on you.:p Considering that a lot of work will have to go into it in regards to the different genders/hairstyles etc... I'll save up some money in advance. haha
    If I could request; would be great to have things like clothes and hairstyles be modular. If you're planning to go into genders/clothes/hairstyles at least, since I reckon that'll take a looot of time.

Either way, good luck. Love your stuff.

35. EpicWolfOfDarkness

EpicWolfOfDarkness

Hi, I keep getting these error messages when trying to play the demo scenes included with the Animal Controller?

error2.png
    error3.png

Basically, all scripts appear to be missing on their objects. I am using Unity 2018.4.29f1 (LTS). Help would be much appreciated, I really wanna try out this Animal Controller!

36. mik52

mik52

I'm using Invector and trying to make the horse slow down when he goes up or down a hill. Is there an easy way to do this?

37. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there.. here's a quick tutorial on how to use the Controller with any of the Animals:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...art/guide-to-use-malbers-unity-assets-with-ac

Also the latest version now for using the Animal Controller is 2019.4+LTS

38. Malbers

Malbers

You can try get access to the Slope value of the Animal Controller on a custom script
    Animal.TerrainSlope
    or
    Animal.SlopeNormalized

That will give you the Slope Angle of the terrain, positive for incline slope and Negative for Decline Slope

You can compare that value with the Slope angle you want and then if is greater then change the current Animal Speed
    using:
    animal.Speed_CurrentIndex_Set(int) where the int value is the Speed Modifier Value (1 walk, 2 trot, 3 canter... etc)
    or you can use
    animal.SpeedUp()
    animal.SpeedDown()

39. EpicWolfOfDarkness

EpicWolfOfDarkness

Ah okay, I switched to 2019.4 and most of the scripts in the Wolf Playground Demo are loading, the ones that aren't I can easily attach myself. I'm also not getting the same error I got when opening it in 2019.4 previously, even though I didn't change anything o_O Thanks for the help anyway!

Malbers likes this.
  40. EpicWolfOfDarkness

EpicWolfOfDarkness

Update: now Unity is crashing when I try to add some of the "missing" scripts, so I can't play the demo properly :(

41. Malbers

Malbers

Are you importing into a new project or an existing project?

if is an existing project try removing completely the Malbers Animation Folder and re-importing it back

EpicWolfOfDarkness likes this.
  42. radzior

radzior

You're a legend Malbers!
    Yep the sphere had nothing under Damage Tab -> Enemy Stat Enter. Changed that to your screen shot and it works prefect. Thanks a tone man!

Malbers likes this.
  43. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  44. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

I'm looking at the Horse Animset Pro system. Has anyone done any work to integrate this with InfinityPBR's dragon model?

The dragon comes with some mount-related work out of the box, but not nearly enough to make a complete dragon riding system, and some of the things don't work the same way as they so in HAP. For example, there isn't just a Mount animation for the human rider; there's also one for the dragon, where the dragon kneels so the rider can climb on. They're meant to both be played at the same time, in sync with one another, but I don't see any settings in HAP to run a Mount animation for the mount, most likely because horses don't really need that.

45. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

Hello, I have been working with the controller in the wolf, I am trying to make a timeline and the question may be a newbie, but I realized that animations like sleeping is in a script that places a specific state for which It does not exist as an animation directly, how could I add these animations in a timeline if they are states that are executed through code?

Original:

Hola, he estado trabajando con el controllador en el lobo, estoy intentando realizar un timeline y puede que sea algo de novato la pregunta, pero me di cuenta que animaciones como la de dormir esta en un script que colocan un estado en especifico por lo cual no existe como animacion directamente, ¿como podria añadir estas animaciones en un timeline si son estados que se ejecutan a travez de codigo?

46. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Hi @Malbers, Var Listeners is a great idea !!!

As always, I found where and how to modify this for convenience.

In VarListener ID c I made it as IntReference and made corrections in the editor script to make it look nice ;-)

I also modified the CheckVarListener: MAIDecision - I added the ability to search for VarListener in the parent, in the child or on the object itself.

I needed this in order to conveniently place VarListener`s in the hierarchy (see screenshot).

Also, for greater readability of the code, I made a division into several methods in CheckVarListener

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  47. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

The animations you mentioned are in the project, outside the code. Take a closer look. Look here - animations are in models.

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  48. RemusRain

RemusRain

Dear @Malbers,

I have the Forest Animals and the animal controller, and I use the Raccoon.

I have 3 questions:
    1. The jump and fall of the raccoon does not seem to get affected by gravity. How can I make the jump happen quicker, so the racoon gets height faster and falls down faster? So the whole jump is more responsive?
    2. How can I give the raccoon less aircontrol? I only can make it so that the player can rotate at full speed or not at all, but nothing in between. I do this by controlling the air rotation if its >0 or <=0.
    3. I have a problem where when I land on the edge of a collider that is slightly above the ground, the player is floating. How can I fix that the racoon knows when it should fall down? See the video here:

Here are also screenshots of my raccoon the fall and the jump scriptable objects.

Thank you,
    Rene

Attached Files:

• a.png
      a.png
      File size:
      42.6 KB
      Views:
    • b.png
      b.png
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
    • c.png
      c.png
      File size:
      46.7 KB
      Views:
    • d.png
      d.png
      File size:
      48.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  49. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

From the lack of responses so far, I take it the answer is no. OK. Working on it myself.

First order of business: the mounting process goes badly wrong because, for whatever reason, virtually everything in the model, including the bone hierarchy that want to parent the rider to as Mount Point, is rotated X: 270, and HAP insists on making the rider's rotation match the Mount Point's orientation.

I don't want this. It makes the rider lie on their back underneath the dragon, clipping into the terrain. It's not even necessary anyway, since parenting the rider to a bone in the dragon will cause it to match position and rotation correctly just as an inherent part of how object parenting in Unity works. But I can't seem to get around it!

In MRider.UpdateRiderTransform, I stuck an if (!Parent) {} block around the code that syncs position and rotation so that it would only happen if parenting was turned off. This didn't fix it.

Further investigation shows that MountBehavior.OnStateMove sets up the rotation at the very start, and it can be overridden by putting a TransformAnimation on the mount trigger. I set up one where the Rotation curve was a flat 0 from beginning to end, and fixed the rider's AlingMountTrigger to be 0 as well. Now the character's rotation doesn't change while mounting up, but once it's finished, he's flat on his back underneath the dragon again!

What am I missing? How can I disable rotation syncing entirely? Because in the case of this particular model, it's not a feature; it's a bug.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  50. christougher

christougher

you sound much better at code then me, but could you address this by adding a child game object to the bone and have it rotated the way you want?

Malbers likes this.