Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

upload_2020-10-6_16-26-40.png
    of course I changed also the On Button Changed in the additional component.

Malbers likes this.
  2. imrsvhk

imrsvhk

Hi Malbers and everyone else here,

I am setting up my first animal controller and have followed the tutorials. Most things are working BUT the biggest and most annoying problem is for locomotion, when I push forward the walk fbx only plays once then stops. I can't go any further until I release the key or controller pad and then push forward again.

Can anyone point me on how to resolve this?

Thx again for creating such an awesome asset!

Thx,
    Andy

Malbers likes this.
  3. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

I think I remember having a similar problem, and I solved it by turning off Root Transform Position (XZ) for the given animation. I could be wrong - it was a while ago, but look into that.

4. Malbers

Malbers

Found it!!
    It was an IF_UNITY_EDITOR.. that is set to 2019, that needed to be 2019_4

Try this fix and tell me

Attached Files:

5. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment as an experimental feature the cowboy can use the same animations while Riding ... on the ground .. (See experimental demo scene)... but as you can se ... the melee animations are not what you need ....
    That is what I will work next for HAP and Steve... using the Animal Controller Modes for to make weapons animations while is on the ground.

HeyBishop likes this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

I believe your animations are not root motion right?
    Try this:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/how-to/movement-no-rm-anims

7. Metirof

Metirof

Working perfectly now thank you very much for your support !! :D

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you for finding that bug ;)

Metirof likes this.
  9. imrsvhk

imrsvhk

Hi Malbers,

I resolved the loop animation issue (The asset for the walk fbx didn't have Loop time / loop pose enabled) - So that's fixed.

I have another issue now where the character once it walked up a slope it continues to walk in the air and when I rotate it walks through the floor.. Basically it's not sticking to the surface.

I attached the general settings I have for the animal. What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

10. danteswap

danteswap

I found a strange bug with Respawner Script , it spawns 2 animals after death , For Setup I use a death zone and a animal and a respawner now on death respawner spawns two animals ,But If I initially disable the respawner script and run the scene and then enable the respawner script after 2 seconds then on death only 1 animal spawns which is normal , but as soon as the scene runs with spawnner script enabled then upon death two animals spawn.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  11. danteswap

danteswap

Lol Found What was causing the problem , I Am Using async scene loading To load two scene simultaneously and there is this function that was causing problem
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  void OnLevelFinishedLoading(Scene scene, LoadSceneMode mode)
    2.         {
    3.             OnRestartGame.Invoke();
    4.             FindMainAnimal();
    5.         }
    Simple Fix was to comment out this function, and now all works fine.

Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! the main problem is that the Height does not match with the Y value of the Hip Pivot

You need to have the same values there :) for example 2.3 ..

upload_2020-10-8_10-15-47.png

and the other issue is that the Multiplier value should be a bit higher than the Height value, that way the animal can find the ground a bit easier:

Take a look to the Wolf Lite for example:
    upload_2020-10-8_10-19-42.png

Hope this help!
    Cheers

mandisaw likes this.
  13. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

So happy to read this!

Malbers likes this.
  14. raibularb

raibularb

when i import HAP invector package I found this error
    Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integrations/Invector/Melee/InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(4,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MalbersAnimations' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

15. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! I found that too... I'm reworking the Strafing so it works on on all States and Stances :)

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

A Giraffe! Details please! Upcoming asset or one using the AC? :D

18. Malbers

Malbers

haha not yet... that one is from GIM Studios :)

Rowlan likes this.
  19. radzior

radzior

Hi Malbers,
    I'm following your tutorial on setting up Animal Controller with Triceratop model and encountered a strange issue.
    There are missing Parameters (nothing in the Inspector) when you go down the second level in the Animator ie.
    States / Idle States / Idle 01 (nothing in the Inspector) that goes for all Idle states, Locomotion tree, Jump tree, Underwater, and so on. Only Fail tree has all parameters. Can you let me know how to fix it?
    I'm using latest version 1.2.0

20. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Thanks for @Malbers' answer. I temporarily solved this problem: I use MTools.AlignLookAtTransform when the OnJoystickUp event occurs on the MobileJoystick.

21. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!, that is a bug from unity when upgrading from 2018.4 to 2020 you can solve it by selecting the Animator Asset and
    using this Fixer:
    upload_2020-10-13_10-47-21.png

22. radzior

radzior

:D Awesome! That fixed it. Thanks heaps!

Malbers likes this.
  23. mandisaw

mandisaw

Hey @Metirof I saw that Malbers already answered your question! Also, it seems like Unity fixed the bug I mentioned in 2019.4 - https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ate-and-transition-properties-once-duplicated

Generally you don't want to mess with meta files directly, since it can mess up your project. But they are mentioned in the documentation here, if you just want to know what they are: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ExternalVersionControlSystemSupport.html

24. radzior

radzior

Hey @Malbers just encountered another little issue while following 'Damage video tutorial'. I followed it to a "t" few tmes already and the damage sphere does not effect the character. I've also noticed that the transition between Any State and Damage doesn't have any values in the Inspector. I've applied the Animator States Unhide Fix again but it doesn't work in this case. Would you know what's going on? I'm using Unity 2020.1.

25. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Controller is updated. Tutorial is for older version.

Malbers likes this.
  26. Kojote

Kojote

Thanks for the reply. Is the animation still coming for the Cougar and if so when?

EDIT:

I just saw that the Cougar can already be equipped with the PickUp. Now I have transferred the pick up settings of the wolf to the Cougar.

But now I found a bug in the Demo-Cougar. When I press the action button, either a random animation is played or the Cougar shakes backwards and can't be controlled anymore. I work with the latest version.

EDIT 2:

As I noticed, the backward error is also on the action areas of the demo when sleeping, sitting, lying and grawl.

EDIT 3:

One more question, all actions use key E.

But now I want to have two actions for one object. Eat and carry. Both actions must be distinguished. For this reason, I would like to pick up and put down on another key assign.

Would this be possible and if so how?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  27. radzior

radzior

I see cool, sorry gents @Malbers and @tahir_ali I'm not a power user yet. How do I go about activating damage parameters in the new version? If you could point me to a video tut or documentation that would be fantastic.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  28. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

29. dominguez2015

dominguez2015

Hello Malbers,

I have purchased the
    Horse Animset Pro (Riding System)
    and I need the horse (or any other animal) to follow a 2.5D path. Is it possible? how?

Thanks a lot!!
    Your assets are great!!!

30. danteswap

danteswap

Hey Malbers I need Some help , my game uses progressive upgrades for my animal where player can upgrade animals movement speed attack speed etc so how can i update the animators locomotion speed and attack speed of animals at runtime according to upgrades player has unlocked , for example initially the walking , running and attack speed are 2,6,1 and the speed of the animation is 1,1,1 so after upgrades i want the animation speed to change to 1.2,1.2,1.2 and the actual speed to 2.4,6.3,1.1, so how to achieve that in animal controller ?

Malbers likes this.
  31. EricWilliams

EricWilliams

I've got the little tiger dragons asset and it seems all the prefabs are missing scripts. I'm curious if that's due to not having the animal controller or if there's something that I didn't do properly?

Thanks.

32. Harald_Heide

Harald_Heide

Today imported newest Animal Controller into unity 2019.4.12f1. then imported newest Realistic Rabbits. Unpacked the Rabbit AC Realistic 3.1 package and ran demo scene: 3 - Rabbit AI Sample Re. Rabbit runs to first Eat zone but gets stuck there with random animations running without going to next Waypoint/zone. No warnings. No Errors. Seems like the timout funtion in Waypoint script does not work but have not found any errors, Any suggestions? Was planning to upgrade som GIM animals but are stuck before the basics work. Otherwise I like the concept.

Malbers likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

Hi! Rad
    When you add the Stat component to your animal a new Damageable Component will be added.. that allows the Animal to React with an Animation Mode (E.g Damage) when the Health Stat changes its values.
    upload_2020-10-17_12-19-1.png
    Can you make a video catching the error?
    I've tested it out on 2020 and all the Zones in the Forest Demo scene are working as expected.

I'm working on the integration these weeks.. I'm finishing UCC then I'll jump into Game Creator and after that Ootii's MC
    Then I'll be Changing all the Animals to the new 3x3 Color Shader so you can change the colors of the textures inside Unity. and after that I'll be adding the new animations.

mandisaw likes this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!!
    Apologies for the late reply
    the cheat way to do the 2.5 Movement is to lock an axis with a simple script like the Lock Axis in the 2.5D Demo scene
    Unity_72M5oBKxkr.png
    Another trick is that you can also make your path limited by setting Colliders in both sides to complete block the surroundings
    Unity_cPcZlgCsww.png

Hope this helps

35. Malbers

Malbers

You can use scriptable variables to do that :)

For example on the Speed Modifiers you can change all the values to Variables:
    upload_2020-10-17_12-34-53.png

And access those values on your progressive system and change them whenever you want without having to access the Animal at all
    upload_2020-10-17_12-36-0.png
    upload_2020-10-17_12-37-10.png

Do that for all the values you need to modify externally ;)

ProceduralCatMaker likes this.
  36. Harald_Heide

Harald_Heide

OK - Found that fields in M Animal AI Controll script was empty on the Rabit Realistic AI prefab was empty for some reason. Just fill in these and you should be good to go.

Malbers likes this.
  37. Malbers

Malbers

EricWilliams likes this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    I check the Prefab Indeed... is not making the scene but it was because Now all AI Components are inside the -AI- Game Object..
    But the real problem was that this parameters where Disabled:
    upload_2020-10-17_13-51-36.png

Those only need to be disabled when the animal is using the Brain Feature

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  39. Malbers

Malbers

Here are some Tiny additions to the Human Controller ^^

tahir_ali likes this.
  40. Kojote

Kojote

Hi Malbers!

Once again a follow-up question. The error in the animations. Can I solve it myself or do I need a fix from you?

41. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

I have the same problem too, the cougar is walking backwards when I try to interact with the zones, and also is there a pickup and drop animations for the cougar already??

42. Kojote

Kojote

Malbers wants to finish picking it up and putting it down by the end of the week.

Malbers likes this.
  43. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

I sent the video on discord where the cougar is shaking and making random actions whenever the action button is pressed, Hope there is a fix

Malbers likes this.
  44. unity_kJz4DtizPe2c0g

unity_kJz4DtizPe2c0g

Hello,
    I have purchased Unka and the Animal controller.
    Followed all tutorials you provide, as well as the tutorials that inspired me to purchase Unka. ...it was a year or more ago I bought unka and could not get it running.
    Today I am back to try again - and purchased the AC. After hours of work I cannot get anything running correctly.

(2) I also have several errors when I install the packages (see attached).

(3) Demo scenes are not working: e.g. I run the provided demo scripts -- and there is no movement, camera is in a weird position - I do get some footstep noises, but I am not pressing any buttons. .

I just do not know what to do. Thus, I am here to start a dialogue and seek some support.

May I ask for your recommended Unity Version:
    I have multple Unity versions installed
    2019.4.12 (lts)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

45. imrsvhk

imrsvhk

HI,

I have an animal character which only has animations for forward and turn left/right.

When pushing W and A or up+left/right on controller the animal doesn't react (it just grinds to a halt). Is there a way to overcome this situation to have the animal change direction but continue walking? Hope this is clear. I'm fairly new to all this.

Best,
    Andy

p.s: Is there anyone I can hire to help with some animals setup using AC ?

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  46. danteswap

danteswap

Thanks For The Help It Worked Butterly Smooth.Thanks

Malbers likes this.
  47. Rowlan

Rowlan

mandisaw and camta005 like this.
  48. Rowlan

Rowlan

49. ChrisHogni

ChrisHogni

Hola, adquirí el controller hace un tiempo y quería saber si hay alguna variable para poder saltar apenas cae al suelo, ya que hay un pequeño delay entre salto y salto y estamos intentando hacer un juego estilo plataformas, es posible acortarlo o quitarlo?, de antemano gracias.

Saludos.

50. RemusRain

RemusRain

Hey @Malbers,

I cannot get my animal to sprint for some reason. It would be great if you could help.

We are using the newest version of the "Polyart Animal Forest Set" and the "Animal Controller".

I have "Use Sprint" enabled on the animal:
    thing0.png

This is how the speeds look like. I have 4 speeds. Start index is at 2 (trot) which is active when I run around normally. The top index is 3 which has a speed of 10. But when I press shift (sprint) then the speed just stays at "trot"...

thing.png

For Input we are using Rewired and have followed your guid on how to set it up with malbers input and it works fine with the "Jump" for example. So that should not be an issue. Also it does not work if we set it to "Key" as well ... So I'm assuming it's not the input.

sprint.png

Do you know what we need to do to make the animal sprint? Or at least where we can check or debug where it's failing?

Thanks,
    Remus

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Malbers likes this.