Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

I was using it on the cougar asset. and THANKS!

2. Malbers

Malbers

Hey my friend!
    I made a small update fixing that issue.. did you download AC 1.2a ?

3. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Yes its happening in new update 1.2a.

4. Malbers

Malbers

I just try AC 1.2a and Little Dragon Sea 3.1(Updated version) on a 2020 Project and is working as expected .

Did you update also the LDragonSea?

5. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

I have tried it on fresh import in new project. Still has the same.
    Try this way
    Fly straight then drop
    Turn back on 180.
    Repeat.

6. Metirof

Metirof

Hello im facing a problem just bought the asset and i wanted to start the tutorial but it looks like the parameters of M animal and M inputs ... and some other scripts are hidden, any way to fix this please ?
    also i noticed that every time i click the triangle to collapse or expand the component nothing shows up but errors on console increase
    upload_2020-9-27_19-12-34.png

7. Malbers

Malbers

Try this Integration for the LDS:

Attached Files:

8. Malbers

Malbers

Can you tell me which Unity are you using?

9. mandisaw

mandisaw

That sounds like a bug I was having, caused by Unity flipping a bunch of HideInHierarchy (HideFlags) values in the State assets. I can pull up my version control log to find the specific lines, but I fixed it manually in 2019.3 by editing the meta files. May already be fixed in Unity 2019.4 or 2020.1.

10. mandisaw

mandisaw

Thank you!! I've been trying to figure out this bug for a while and it was driving me nuts :)

I have a bug where my AC-controlled Humanoid will sometimes spontaneously trigger a Fall / Walk loop while walking (flat ground or single step, objects set to "Ground" layer). I can try to record a video, but it doesn't happen consistently - Debug says IsGrounded keeps turning on/off. Would this update fix that?

11. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

Another error from the script any figures about this?
    upload_2020-9-28_8-56-19.png

Malbers likes this.
  12. startupstor

startupstor

I was wondering if there was some sort of guide or tool to help set up the script with a new model. I bought another animal on the asset store and it is a rigged quadraped with root and non root animations. I would like to to replace the wolf in the player controlled wolf demo (animal controller) with the animal I bought, but the docs don't seem to document this well.

13. Malbers

Malbers

I'm thinking a solution to solve that.. but I'm not quite there yet o_O

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    HeyBishop likes this.
  14. Malbers

Malbers

I tried on 2020 and on 2018 ... Which unity are you using?

Yes that was an #IF UNITY_EDITOR miss-placed on that script.. is fixed on Tomorrow's update

This are the Minor Updates I've made after the release: (Tomorrow should be ready the 1.2b version)

Here are the
    1.2b(AC) - 28 -Sept 2020 (HAP 4.1b) Minor Fixes
    • Fixed: Stopped {NaN,NaN,NaN} Rigid body errors

• Fixed: Sometimes the animal starts with the Fall States (in Unity 2020)

• Fixed: Swim exits to Fall state when hitting a Hard Surface.

• Added: Transition from to the Modes Abilities. E.g: now the Animal can go from the Action Seat -> to Sleep. when all the Transition on the Animator are set properly.

• Fixed: Bug on Build on Malbers Input

1.2a(AC) - 27 -Sept 2020 (HAP 4.1a) Minor Fixes
    • Fixed: Idles can be interrupted any time.. does not need to finish their transitions

• Fixed: UpDown Movement for Flying creatures are more stable

• Fixed: LookAt, Can have Non Bones GameObjects in their Logic

• Fixed: All Idles state have <Orient to Ground> Disabled...

• Checking Missing References on Brain and Ai Animal Control components.

mandisaw and HeyBishop like this.
  15. Malbers

Malbers

The recommended Guide is the Starting tutorials:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/youtube-tutorials

But if you are stuck, don't hesitate to leave a msg... I'll answer when I'm online ;)

16. startupstor

startupstor

A wizard to add any quadraped would be nice. The videos are great, learning the plugin isn't too bad, there's a lot to learn but it seems well organized.

17. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

I am using 2019.4 LTS latest. I tried new empty project and fresh import from store. Still getting same issue!

Did you check fireball is hitting the owner?

18. tieum67

tieum67

Hello, i'm trying to use the modifyStats script. Actually it s not working because my player is instantiated by prefab so i cannot fil the Stats reference by drag n drop. I tried to modify the script to get the player object by name or tag, but with now luck. How would you do that ?
    upload_2020-9-28_11-15-16.png

19. tieum67

tieum67

Meanwhile, i'm also tryong to change the value of an Id using a direct value. But i noticed that the related slider is only moving when there's a degenerate/regenerate (like in your tutorial). The slider is not affected by the direct value change. Could you have a look ? By the way, the stats demo in the package doesnt work. Pressing the buttons dont modify the sliders. Cheers !
    upload_2020-9-28_14-49-33.png upload_2020-9-28_14-50-23.png upload_2020-9-28_14-51-24.png upload_2020-9-28_14-52-19.png

20. Malbers

Malbers

The Update is live!

Yes! a wizard will be amazing!... That is the main goal to make your life easier... but first lets focus on making the AC free of bugs from this new Update :)

Yes! it was the explosion script, it had its logic Set On Enable instead on Start(). (I sent you the fix via PM)

You can use the Enter Trigger Script, so when something(Your Player) enter the trigger it will affects the stats.. (if it has one)
    upload_2020-9-28_11-17-21.png

Or you can use the Event listeners to connect them after they are instantiated:
    Like this:

On your Player add a Event Raiser component with a new MEvent (PlayerInstance) and use the Invoke(GameObject) on that event
    upload_2020-9-28_11-19-59.png
    upload_2020-9-28_11-20-40.png

Using your own Player GameObject....

---
    Then on the Modify Stat gameObject add an Event Listener with that (PlayerInstance) Event listen to the GameObject and connect it to the Modify Stat
    upload_2020-9-28_11-23-38.png

That way when the Player is instantiated it will send an Event with its gameobject and the Modify Stat will receive it

Hope this helps

21. Malbers

Malbers

If you change the value directly you need to call after Stats.Update() :)

22. tieum67

tieum67

23. Metirof

Metirof

im still using 2019.2.19f1 for my project

Attached Files:

24. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

25. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!
    Found the problem... the wings animator has different values on its Fly Blend tree... instead of 1 and 2 for Flap and glide... it has 3 and 4.

Attached Files:

26. Malbers

Malbers

I found out the On Trigger Enter does not work if the player does not have a rigid body.
    Here's a quick video:

27. tieum67

tieum67

thanks a lot @Malbers ! it works perfectly now. As you said i guess there was something involved with the rigidbody, but i also think that i made a mistake between MStatModify Dynamic Collider and MStatModify().
    The more i discover your asset, the more i'm impressed by the quality and the number of tools you offer.
    But i do experience some difficulties to use it at its full potential. I mean, the video tutorials are nice, and i can explore the demo to understand how things are build. But i'm missing easy "how to.." like you did in this video. Maybe the event system you built and the logical part could deserve more explanations ? And, i didn't find an API, does it exist somewhere ?
    Thanks again for your work, and your help !

28. Kojote

Kojote

Hi Malbers!

Sorry I couldn't track your assets for the last few months. In February you posted a video that the animal can carry something. I have now made an update, but I can't find this feature. Has this function been disabled again or is it just well hidden?^^

Malbers Animals-Creatures

29. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Dear Malbers,
    I wonder if you could update us all about possible timings for ypur integration of Unity Input System and Cinemachine.
    Input System is very interesting also because makes it really easy to handle local multiplayer, among many other advances. I know you have integration with Rewired, but I woild prefer to stay on the main route.
    In the meanwhile I have started do check what it would mean to do a first hack by myself, and for a quick and dirty solution it seems to me that changing the implementation of a few methods in your DefaultInput : IInputSystem class like GetAxisRaw where you call the old Input.GetAxisRaw(Axis) calling instead the new Input System's InputControl<>.ReadUnprocessedValue() and similarly for keypress instead of the old Input.GetButton use the new ButtonControl.isPressed. And so on.
    Of course this hack would not take advantage of the interesting Bindings and ther configuration features the Input System has, but some of these are implemented in your own code already...

Let me know something, please. I hate reinventing the wheel, so, if you are actively working on it I will not waste time on this.

Rather I would try to move to your Animal Controller some of the Animation Rigging procedural animations I Have already tested on other controllers, Very interesting evolution, I must say...
    thanks

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  30. Metirof

Metirof

@mandisaw could you please show me how to edit the meta file to fix the problem ?

31. blaurain

blaurain

Was this previous update the one needed for the UCC integration to get that out of the way? I'm excited for that

32. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Malbers has always a backlog of requirements we put up.
    Having been working also with UCC I complained with them about their Blitz horse limits (see on their forum my complaints on unexistent sloppe handling). Rather than messimg up with UCC code to hadle quadrupeds/generic Feet IK etc. I have planned for an integration of Animal Controller for animals and UCC for Humanoids.
    Sp I am also waiting for UCC. In the meanwhile I have successfully managed to use Cinemachine and the new Unity Input System with UCC. Integrations are never perfect but with some struggle they worked.
    So now I also need Animal Controller to use also Cinemachine and Input System.
    Cinemachine is very easy to do also without an official implementation. Already done.
    Regarding Input System, not having any response for now by Malbers (we all have to forgive him these days, he has to fix all his characters for the new release) I did not proceed with the hack i was thinking of but spent some time to see if I could come up with a more decent solution.
    Thankfully Malbers has done most of its development based on a modern modular architecture with an extensive use of Scriptable Objects and Events (Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, you name it) so it has been a pleasure to dig in his code detaching the Malbers Input component and replacing it with the Unity Input System one.
    I am almost done now, just a small issue on passing a dynamic rather than static param that I have to check tomorrow.

Malbers, look at this definition for Jump in wolf. MAnimal_State_Pin_ByInput comes up only as Static with a boolean versus the Dynamic one you are using.
    So the result is that i get the wolf to Jump, but it keeps jumping forever. Wonder if I can intead call one of the orther callbacks for jump already defined by you like the simpler
    State_Pin_ByInput(bool input) => Pin_State?.ActivatebyInput(input);
    that only requires one param?
    Thanks anyway. it is nice to see a clean architecture and a good follower of Ryan Hipple around (besides me).

upload_2020-10-2_19-44-3.png

33. startupstor

startupstor

Using a animal from store that has root motion. Got the walking forward and back right but having trouble with turning while moving. I don't have any animations for turning while walking or running. So I need to use some sort of blend solution to achieve turning while running. I have add loco right which positions the animal into the correct orientation to turn right if the walk forward animation would just keep playing, but it doesn't and animal freezes. There doesn't seem to be any blending just 100% reliance on the walking right animation and no respect to the walking change animation, I don't have a clue how to blend these two. I do have the trans turn which kinda works as the turn while walking but there is a delay in turn due to animation and it slows down forward movement a bunch, also because of the animation and lack of blending.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  34. Metirof

Metirof

@Malbers looking forwird to hearing from you if there is anyway to fix that please cuz im currently stuck

35. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys, I'm back!
    Apologies for the late replies, I haven't been around much these days.

Actually from time to time I have been tiny tutorials to this section on the documentation:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/how-to

Yes! the Animals can carry objects..

The Wolf Lite from the Animal Controller and the Wolf has the animations and Components already setted..
    The other animals does not have it yet... (I'm still adding the animations)
    But on the last Update done this week you can check it out on the Poly Art Wolf

36. Malbers

Malbers

Actually I want to make Cinemachine and the Input system the default Camera Rig and Input for HAP and AC
    ... but this last update took all my time these past few months..

After two weeks I just finished updating all my assets to the new Update.

Going Forward I'm working on fixing/Finishing 3rd Party Integrations
    (Invector (Almost done) , Ootii and UCC).

And after that is finishing the Documentation and new tutorials.
    and then! I'll be jumping in with Cinemachine and the Input System.
    I don't want to give you dates because that has fail before... but hopefully before December ends.

Yes! Finally I can work on UCC again :)

mandisaw likes this.
  37. Malbers

Malbers

yes Cinemachine is actually quite easy. AC and HAP has no Dependency any camera Rig.
    In Case of HAP it will only need a bit of love to make the Aim Camera States while Riding... but nothing super hard.

yeah sorry about not been here... so many prefabs to update! it was a pain!
    I havent got the time take a deep look to the Unity Inp Sys.

:oops::p:)

Usually the Inputs are set to True, when PressDown and False when they are Released, That is why you need to have Dynamic bool value to give to the method
    Pin_State?.ActivatebyInput(input);

If you only Set True.. you are saying to the controller that the Input has been pressed forever. you need to release it, by calling that method again with false.

In case of Unity new Input System(UIS) it has the CallbackContext parameter.. so you need to have an "Integration Script" that communicates between (UIS) and AC that can reads the Callback Context -> convert it to simple bool values. and feed them to the Animal Controller.

He is my Idol!!
    His talk change my life hahah

38. Malbers

Malbers

In that case you just need to add Rotation value to the Speed Modifiers:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/how-to/movement-no-rm-anims

If you don't have have Turning animations that ok :) you can use the same walk and run forward animations for that.
    You can even do a simple 1D Blend tree with just the animations you have for the locomotion.

39. Malbers

Malbers

That is the Malbers Editor Script... Try removing it and importing it back
    upload_2020-10-3_17-1-59.png

Metirof likes this.
  40. Metirof

Metirof

@Malbers thanks for reply i tried that but it didnt fixed the problem

41. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Yes Malbers, this was clear to me, I need a dynamic param or else I have check Callback Context to see if Pressed is over. There is a long debate on InputSystem forum on different approaches to this, but OK.
    The point is what would be the cleanest way to do this inside your code. I would like to be less invasive as possible.
    Some people on the forum aim at the Update with a polling of Pressed, a dirty solution for me.
    I would rather try to expose a dynamic as you are doing, but it has to be visible inside Unity's PlayerInput component so that my Jump in their Player Controls has a non Static State_pin_ByInput as in your MEvent Listener.
    Any suggestions on best approach to this?

my static
    upload_2020-10-4_18-27-0.png
    your dynamic
    upload_2020-10-4_18-28-24.png

Anyway, I just installed Rewired and your integration to get a better idea on how to do things the Malbers way!
    Tell me if you have suggestions... thanks

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  42. TheAmusingFaust

TheAmusingFaust

Is GameCreator integration planned?

johaswe likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

I test it the AC Controller on an Empty Project 2019.2.19f1 and everything is working properly

44. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, is on the queue, I really appreciate your patience guys I'm working hard everyday... when I have it ready I will post it
    everywhere

TheAmusingFaust likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, Calling in update is a very nasty solution... the best way is to Listen to the Events Directly...
    I made a small script that transform the
    InputAction.CallbackContext 
    to a bool Event:
    upload_2020-10-5_11-31-53.png
    attach it to the Player Input and it should work...

Again the Context menu is more complex so this is just a base to start with

Attached Files:

46. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Dear Malbers, you are very kind indeed.
    As I wrote you, in the meanwhile, I got Rewired to work pretty easily with your integration.
    I have also set up a multiplayer with two wolf managed by two xbox gamepads and it works well too.

Regarding the polling method, you are right, I also hate it and planned to work event-driven. But looking at the code for Rewired with some debugs in the code I see kind of a loop for every possible action repeaded thousand of times. I will check, but I have the impression that is not as event based as both of us like.
    Thanks for now. Besides, the more i dig in your code the more I like it and see the power of its combinatory approach.
    Starting tomorrow I will put my mind back on how to properly use Animation Rigging procedural procedural variations of existing animations to handle dynamic actions or even better stances.
    I will keep you updated because I belive you might be amused by the additional features it can add to your nice platform.

By the way, I do not seem to understand the Speed1, Speed2,Speed3 entryes in your Rewired integration.

bye. Sergio from Italy, coronavirus raising again here...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  47. Metirof

Metirof

Hello, thanks for the reply, but im afraid you haven't checked the scripts on the inspector on your video, sorry if my request wasn't clear, i know its working but the problem is that i cant modify the parameters of the scripts on the inspector because they are hidden in this version please check the video i redone exactly what u did and the problem still there.

48. heklopez79

heklopez79

@Malbers Is there a way to have the cowboy use the weapons without mounting the horse?

49. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Not yet, but that is one of his objectives.

I think it might be possible, by using other imported animations... This is what I'm going to try to focus on tomorrow. I'll let you know if I have success!

Malbers likes this.
  50. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

As you suggested I have tested the snippet you sent to update dynamically the State_pin_ByInput needed for a first integration of the new Unity System and with a little modification (that you somehow implied in your writing) in order to handle the 3 phases of context response it is working pretty well.
    public void OnInputActionChanged(InputAction.CallbackContext context)
    {
    if(context.started)
    {
    OnButtonChanged.Invoke(true);
    }
    else if (context.canceled)
    {
    OnButtonChanged.Invoke(false);
    }
    }
    I believe that many nice features you have in your platform (for example those related to Key Press timings) will need some additional effort, but it is already a good start.
    Thanks again. I will do some further testing for the integrated local multiplayer support they have, and then decide if proceed with Rewired or go with Input System.
    bye

Malbers likes this.