Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! someone that have worked with networking and the assets.. please give us a hint :)

I want to start playing around too with Networking sooonish

2. Malbers

Malbers

With the new update coming this monday it should be solved :)

3. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

Do I need to download it from the store again or just reimport? also what will be updated?

4. Malbers

Malbers

5. tieum67

tieum67

Hello, i'm trying to reproduce what you're doing on your 5th tutorial (about the stats). I would like to update a slider value from a stat value. So i've created a stat (AudioStat). I've added the MEventListener in the Slider GameObject, and i've created an event (AudioStatEvent). But then, how do i set my event ? I can just add a description to it. I cant even open it in an editor... I guess it s quite silly, but i can t figure it out...

Malbers likes this.
  6. tieum67

tieum67

Sorry, i just had to watch the tutorial 2 mins more, everything was explained..Everything is ok !

Malbers likes this.
  7. MitchStan

MitchStan

Hi, I have a cougar with MAnimalAIControl component. I have three waypoints with connections to each other. All nodes are connected so the cougar is walking around very nicely from waypoint to waypoint randomly. Awesome!

I would like to have the cougar change speeds from waypoint to waypoint. So I added a OnTargetArrived Event on each WayPoint and connected it to the Cougar.MAnimal.SpeedUp() function. I was hoping that when the Cougar enters the waypoint, it would fire the SpeedUp method and change his speed.

But it's not working. The cougar maintains his slowest walk speed. I did indeed change the animator values in the MAnimal Speeds tab so if I change the start index in the inspector before running the scene I can change the walk speed just fine, so I know it works, but I can't seem to do it by calling events from the waypoint.

I put a Debug.Log in MAnimalCallBacks.cs and I can see that the speed index is in fact changing (twice actually when it should only increment once which is a problem in itself) but the cougar continues to remain walking at speed index 1.

For example at the start, cougar Speed index is 1. Cougar is walking at slowest speed. Cougar arrives at first WayPoint. SpeedUp fires twice. Speed Index increments to 2, and then 3. But there is no change in cougar walk speed. Cougar gets to next WayPoint. Again, Debug.Log prints Speed Index at 2 and then 3. But cougar is still walking at Speed Index 1. This keeps repeating from waypoint to waypoint. Debug.Log prints speed index at 2, then 3. But cougar remains at speed index 1.

What am I doing wrong here. Thank you for helping. Love your work. Very gifted, you are!

Malbers likes this.
  8. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

It's already monday here in Italy. Can't wait for the update.
    For sure an excellent job as usual dear friend. The upcoming changlog is very promising.
    Hope you will post also an updated tutorial for the new functionalities.
    Thanks for you efforts.
    Sergio

Malbers likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Is already out, I just check \^o^/

Check all the new goodies here:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/changelog

Now bare in mind that I'm still updating all the Animals to this new Update....
    I have finish all the dragons (Irval and Elemental are on Pending review still)
    and now I'm jumping into the Animals...

If you guys do not want to wait, you can do it yourselves:
    Just follow these steps to update the prefabs of all the creatures to the new system:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/quickstart/upgrading-to-ac-1.2-hap-4.2

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  10. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    Thank you so much for using the assets and for your kind words!
    You can use it now with the new Update
    Animal Reactions :)
    upload_2020-9-21_10-27-35.png
    5SNNf81FKq.gif

11. MitchStan

MitchStan

Thank you for helping. But still no change in speed.

Let me see if I am doing this correctly:
    1) Add a MReactionsList component on the cougar.
    2) Populate the ReactionList with an entry of type Increase (or Decrease)
    3) On the WayPoint GO, add an OnTargetArrived Listener by dragging and dropping the cougar GO in the slot via inspector
    4) Set the function to MReactionList.React

Having done all that, I can see the the React function is indeed called because I put a Debug.Log statement in there, but still no change in speed.

What could I be doing wrong?

Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Yeah my bad :)

I forgot to tell you that you need to set the walking distance to Zero, on the AI Animal Control, that way that component wont longer control the Speed changes.
    upload_2020-9-21_14-38-4.png

Also I found out that the OnTarget arrived Event was called two times :)

On the AiAnimal Control ... comment this code:
    upload_2020-9-21_14-40-58.png

13. Malbers

Malbers

mandisaw likes this.
  14. RHHH

RHHH

Hello Malbers!
    I took "Fox AI Enemy" and "Rabbit PA AI" and put them near each other. The fox started to hunt down the rabbit. When the fox is near enough it starts to attack: "Fox AI Enemy: has Started a Mode: Attack1. Ability: Attack Bite Left". But the rabbit's health is not going down. What shouId be adjusted here? I have changed the stoppingDistance in MAnimalAIControl for the Fox, but it does not have effect. upload_2020-9-21_21-50-2.png

15. Malbers

Malbers

are you using the new controller..?? if you do.. I havent update the Animals Prefabs yet... but one of the problems should be that the Attack triggers are empty:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i....2-hap-4.2#attack-triggers-does-not-do-damage

Please check all other common issues with the assets

16. RHHH

RHHH

If I am using "Fox AI" instead of rabbit, damage is working. Could it be that the rabbit's collider is too small?
    Btw, thank's for the discord link.

17. Malbers

Malbers

That can also be the reason... try increasing the colliders for the Fox Attack Triggers

18. RHHH

RHHH

Yay, it works, thanks! :)

Malbers likes this.
  19. MitchStan

MitchStan

That works now. Thank you!

Ultimately I'd love to change the speed randomly at each waypoint so that sometimes the cougar walks, sometimes he runs, sometimes he trots. What's the best way to achieve that?

Or even just choose a particular speed for each waypoint. I see I can build a list of speed reactions using the MReactionList component. How can I leverage that list to at each waypoint - either randomly or pick a fixed index?

Or is what I'm trying to do best achieved in a different way? I can do some coding - is it better to do this with my own coding? You have such an elaborate and flexible custom inspector - I'm trying to absorb it's brilliance!

Malbers likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

I've created a new type of Speed reaction ;)
    Set Random Speed: Practically what it does is to call:
    animal.SpeedSet_Set_Active("Ground", Random.Range(1,999));

upload_2020-9-21_19-30-23.png

Here's the Fix for the updated Speed Reaction (Attachment).

Now On the MAnimal Variable Script:
    Change add this line of code and comment the old one:
    upload_2020-9-21_19-33-12.png
    That will allow to change random Speeds on a Speed Modifier Set ;)

I'm just trying to make your lives easier by not having to code with the assets :D :D

Attached Files:

21. MitchStan

MitchStan

Woo hoo - I'll give it a try! And thank you for making our lives easier. You are a good soul!

Malbers likes this.
  22. MitchStan

MitchStan

That did it! Wonderful. Brilliant! Thank you, sir! Very cool!

Malbers likes this.
  23. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Hey i need help to use projectile throw and trajectory. LDS or LDT throws fireball using Animator State Behavior to Effect Manager. I made new input On press it will show Trajectory and on up it has to shoot fire ball. AnimatorStateBehavior does not send message to Projectile Throw Script -> Fire method.

24. manurocker95

manurocker95

@Malbers I just tested the new update for Animal Controller and Unka and even if the "face to wall" bug is mostly fixed in many situations, it still happens (Unka gets stuck):

upload_2020-9-22_12-47-33.png

Also, the new controls feel worse than the previous. The animation transition between spriting and regular and up/normal are not good now. There should be an interpolation between them and not being instant. Check what I mean here:

Also, keep pressing C to go down instead of just once feels less comfy.

And InControl support by default would be appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  25. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Feels like Bug!

AI issue.gif

26. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Many thanks for the new version! From what I see the examples are not updated. Am I correct?
    Should I then apply the fixes you suggest and check the wolf?
    I have a lot of your animals, but no dragons. Can you update us on progress of your creatures for the new version, so we can start using those to do tests?
    thanks again
    sergio

27. Malbers

Malbers

All the assets prefabs are being updated to the new controller,
    These are the common issues if you are using the old version of the assets:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/quickstart/upgrading-to-ac-1.2-hap-4.2
    Unka is already Updated though... :) .. please use the latest update for Unka.

28. Malbers

Malbers

I'm working right now on updating all the prefabs to the new version.. I'm 3 out of 12 ;)

29. Malbers

Malbers

I'll make you an example for the Trajectory and the fireballs

30. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Thanks, I do not want to disturb you, but I have checked the Classic Playground Wolf Lite example with the instructions for 1.2 and seems already updated. Perfect.
    But runing it there is a strange behaviour in slopes when Idle, Doyou see it also? As this is the very basic Tutorial that I believe every beginner follows, it is important to understand the reason of this behaviour and fix it.

thanks again
    sergio
    upload_2020-9-22_16-55-56.png

SOLVED In Idle State Orient To Ground Flag was not set. Hope helps someone else with same issue
    bye

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    mandisaw and Malbers like this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for reporting this... :) I need to check all the Idle states

That is the same issue with the little dragons :)

32. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Not too difficult to fix, once you know. Just one flag.
    Glad to help

Malbers likes this.
  33. manurocker95

manurocker95

And gravity loop and slopes have the face issue. F for melee does nothing when flying (shouldn't it do the claw attack?).
    upload_2020-9-23_10-23-35.png

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  34. manurocker95

manurocker95

when being in the water (without swimming), the fitting ground is not applied but it is outside upload_2020-9-23_10-38-29.png

35. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for reporting this ;)

Yes! I missed that one... on the Mode Attack1Air instead of Attack1 it should says Melee:
    upload_2020-9-23_17-33-18.png

Same Error as all the assets the Idles States have the Orient to Ground Disabled.
    upload_2020-9-23_17-35-15.png

36. MitchStan

MitchStan

Yes, I am having similar issues with the update. Unka is now snapping from one animation to another and not using camera input correctly while flying.:(

37. MitchStan

MitchStan

I reimported the Unka package and now I get these error messages when I run any scene. I can't control any dragon.
    Any thoughts how to remedy? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.10.10 PM.png

38. manurocker95

manurocker95

for me, I had to delete “Dragons” folder and not only “Common” as stated in how to update. After completely fresh update, animations play just fine. Thanks @Malbers , I will try that :p

btw, the new package instead of zip format is way better (in controller). Wolf fall from low heights still have the same issue. It takes too long to fit the ground having half second the face inside the floor with fall animation (you can check this in the demo scene of Animal Controller).

Malbers likes this.
  39. MitchStan

MitchStan

I deleted all my Malbers packages and reimported everything with mixed results.

Unka and and Cougar have no speeds, states or modes set up so I get error messages and no control over those entities. Tiger package however has all the speeds, states and modes and is fine.

I’ll delete again and start over again.

And I agree that eliminating the need to unzip the controller is better way to go.

40. MitchStan

MitchStan

Not sure what is happening to Malber's assets but started several clean new projects and added Unka and the Animal Controller, Tigers, and Cougars and nothing works correctly. Using Unity 2019.4.10f1.

Last night I was dealing with empty Speeds, States and Modes in the MAnimal inspector. That gave me console errors and no control over any animal.

Today, in a new clean project, the speed, states, and modes are populated but the animations have gone wild.

Is it me?

I can upload a clip if that helps at all. So sad, all was wonderful in Malbers' world two days ago. What happened?

41. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Is there a away to restrict the direction a character can move? I don't mean restrict to X or Z axis - that's easy. I want to restrict to the direction the character faces. Say the characters rotation is (0,47,0), she could only run that direction or turn and go the opposite direction of (0,47-180,0).

My intention is to have similar kind of movement of a 2D platformer, but in a 3D space. So the character will get rotated by the platform she stands on. Kind of like the character is locked on rails.

Any tips? I've been trying to figure this one out for a while.

42. lwilliford1

lwilliford1

Hey all, I've got a question!

Ive manage to get everything about the locomotion animations working except the turning. When I try to turn with the arrow or A/D keys, the turn animation plays, but theres no movement on the X or Y. Any idea why?

43. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

just a report, having this prompt

upload_2020-9-25_16-19-58.png

44. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Apologies for the Painful upgrading process. :oops:.

but in the long run is a good thing .

Yesterday I was on a 12 hours road trip and just now I was able to check my feeds (emails,forums, discord, face..)

Only the Dragons are updated to the new controller.. all the animals are still in progress... I have finished only 3 of them 8 to go.

I made a new update with minor fixes on the animal with the feedback you guys gave me..
    please update to 1.2a. (Which fixes the Dragon Flying Up/Down)

I'm working hard on updating the animals to the new version... which basilical is fixing all this parameters on the prefabs/assets:

mandisaw likes this.
  45. MitchStan

MitchStan

Great to hear. Thanks.

46. Malbers

Malbers

That happens when you have an Unity Event with an empty parameter.
    Please check with EventRaiser is set wrong:
    You can write in the scene search bar
    UnityEventRaiser
    upload_2020-9-25_12-43-37.png

and all the gameobjects that have that component will be filtered... please check which has the listener set to none or an empty Transform...

and Please tell me which scene /asset you are using
    to check on my side and set the values properly

47. Malbers

Malbers

48. Malbers

Malbers

On the Animal Controller Demos there's a 2.5D Sample...
    in which the wolf has the Vertical Axis Input Disabled and the Camera Input Enabled... which kind of works as a Platformer..
    Setting the parameters that way the animal will move on perpendicular to the camera Forward Direction...

(Also on the camera, All Movement is disabled.)

upload_2020-9-25_12-51-50.png

So to make different path for the animal the camera will be the one that Dictates the Direction the animal will go

49. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Thank you, this is very close to what I need - but not quite. Is there a way to change it from the camera that dictates the direction to another game object?

50. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Why it does not go straight on forward input only. Please Help!

AI issue.gif

Plus:
    Fireball damaging the owner. Don't hit Owner is not working.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020