Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Looking forward to the new HAP update. The pegasus looks cool. ^.^

This is good news, I've been toying with using AC for my player character.

With the advent of Steve and the pegasus' new feature for synching the animal animator with other animators, will we be seeing some more human-animal interaction animations? Petting, feeding, attacking etc.?

Also, since the deer is getting a big update, might it include some animations for deer who have a stotting gait, such as mule deer? Here's a sort of funny article on the difference between galloping and stotting deer: Bambi and that Other Guy

Malbers likes this.
  2. mandisaw

mandisaw

Hi @Malbers, I'm having an issue switching from direct-input (via MalbersInput with keyboard/joystick) to cutscene (via MAnimalAIControl). Once my character steps into a trigger zone, I enable the AI Control component and set a target gameobject. So far though, I can't get it to move - if I start the scene with AIControl enabled, and set the target, the character walks over no problem, but if I do it after keyboard input has been used, it just stops in place once AI Control is enabled.

I also tried calling MalbersInput.SetMoveCharacter (true), or disabling MalbersInput, but those didn't seem to make a difference. Tried decreasing the AI Control CheckInterval time down to 0.5, and also setting the target before enabling AI Control but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

screenshot_char_aicontrol.png

3. SiroEduardo

SiroEduardo

Hello!
    Since I treated myself to Unka and Irval today, I can only confirm that both are great. Thank you very much for these models!
    Now I'm facing a little problem.
    Unfortunately I can't find a point anywhere where I can change the body proportions. In the Windows demo Irval can be changed in many places. :confused:
    Please tell me what I have missed here?
    With best thanks

Malbers likes this.
  4. christougher

christougher

Was wondering about automating a path for a flying creature such as Unka, involving a take off and landing at specific points. This wouldn't really be AI so much as following a predetermined path. Any pointers?

Malbers likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! that is on the list... if it does not get the chance to make it on this update then it will go on the next one :)

I'll keep that in mind when the realistic deer is done :)

Kemp-Sparky likes this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there!
    Apologies for the late reply and thank you so much for reporting this...I found the bug!
    Here's the fix.

I Connect the Malbers Input to the AIAnimalControl using the Enable/Disable Event to toggle between controlling with Player Input and AI like this:
    upload_2020-8-12_11-22-50.png

Attached Files:

mandisaw likes this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

For changing the proportions you simply change the scale of the bones :)
    Here's how you can do it: (Min 2:57)

8. Malbers

Malbers

Try something like this using AI Animal Control (I suggest you use the fix too here

9. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Awesome! Looking forward to it. :-D

Thanks for the consideration! One of my projects is set in an area that has mule deer, so it would be nice to have them represented. ^.^ Plus, it's a popular way of depicting stylized or fantasy deer to emphasize their elegance and differentiate them further from horses and other galloping animals.

Malbers likes this.
  10. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi Malbers, I am making my own AI system, I try to use "stats.stats[1].Value - Damage" to cause damage to the player, but this will not activate the regeneration feature, can I activate regeneration feature through code?

Malbers likes this.
  11. lndie

lndie

Hello Malbers,

I'm so excited for the new changes.

I've started using AC for my humanoid a few versions ago, applying changes manually was relatively easy but not sure about the next big update. Do you recommend starting from scratch and using a clean animation controller? Do you keep clean animal controller always up-to-date?

Cheers!

12. mandisaw

mandisaw

Thanks! That fix got me most of the way there, but I found a second piece - the OnGrounded event isn't fired if the "grounded" state doesn't change. So AIControl just quits because it thinks the character isn't grounded.

I tweaked MAnimalVariables so the event fires any time the setter is called:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public bool Grounded {
    2.     internal set {
    3.         if (grounded != value) {
    4.             //Debug.Log("Grounded: " + value);
    5.             [...]
    6.          }
    8.          // MW - moved this event out of if statement
    9.          OnGrounded.Invoke (grounded);
    10.     }
    11. }
    Works just fine now :D

Malbers likes this.
  13. Malbers

Malbers

You should call
     Stats[i].Modify(float value)
    instead ;)

14. Malbers

Malbers

THank you!

I have added that change to the next update ^^

For the next update I'll will give you an Animator Ready for Humans :) so you don't have to do much... just replacing animation in case you need it ^^

lndie and mandisaw like this.
  15. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Please add Range Attack too for Human.

16. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! I'm working on that too ;) on how to use weapons while the Human Character is dismounted too...that is what is giving me some headaches ... but I'm getting there!

Soon I will prepare a video with the progress I have done :D ;D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    shyamarama and tahir_ali like this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

Here are some new features for the New Animal Update :)
    Combo Manager

Human Movement (With double and triple jump) & multiple landing animations

Fibonaccov, shyamarama, lndie and 3 others like this.
  18. ixireza03

ixireza03

Is integration with UCC still long? Is there an estimate for how long it will take? and is there no discord forum?

19. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Nice Work You are awesome!
    Any chances for ragdoll system on death?

20. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there!
    Actually the reason for the new update is that the current version I had to make a lot of changes in order to make it work better with UCC.

I'm working hard to make the new update available before this month ends.. which means the UCC integration will come right after that.

Here's the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/evr5tSP

Yes! actually Ragdoll system is on my list... So all animals also have a ragdoll death...
    but that will be done after the next update, otherwise I will never release it if I keep adding features :p:p:p

mandisaw and tahir_ali like this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Two new little things:
    Now HAP has Only melee Weapons and Projectile weapons (Bow, Pistol, and the New Throwable), which uses the same script but with different animations)

[spear]

and a new Automatic Mount From above animation ^^

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  22. ixireza03

ixireza03

glad to hear that. i am looking forward to it and will buy HAP, if integration with ucc is ready

23. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

As always great work by malber, Integration with emerald ai & crux ai spawner would be great.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  24. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

Hello, less than a month ago I bought the animal controller and the wolf, they are a great job that you did and it has served me a lot, I have a question, I have configured several things as a default layer (land and some boxes, logs, etc) and In the M Animal (Script) the grand layer is defult, when passing over a log for example, the wolf sticks to it and sometimes gives the effect of being at 90 ° or makes the animation of falling while still on the log What could I do to improve this? I was thinking of adding invisible cubes to avoid many that there are maybe irregular surfaces but first I wanted to know your advice since I am new to unity, also, I leave you my original message since I do not speak English very well

Hola, hace menos de un mes compre el animal controller y el lobo, son un gran trabajo el que realisaste y me ha servido mucho, tengo una duda, he configurado varias cosas como layer default (terreno y algunas cajas, troncos, etc) y en el M Animal (Script) el grand layer es defult, al pasar sobre un tronco por ejemplo, el lobo se pega a el y da en algunas ocaciones el efecto de estar en 90° o hace la animacion de caida estando aun sobre el tronco, ¿que podria hacer para mejorar esto? estaba pensando en agregar cubos invisibles para evitar muchos que existan talves superficies irregulares pero antes queria saber tu consejo ya que soy nuevo con unity

25. Malbers

Malbers

Those are pending, first I need to work on UCC which is the most important one I have in queue
    Puedes hacer un pequeño video?
    si el tronco es muy fino el lobo tratará de caer...
    También puedes poner el Tag "Stair" al Tronco para evitar esos cambios bruscos de 90 grados en el terreno.
    Estoy mejorando el comportamiento en terrenos para este nuevo Update :) así que muchos de esos problemas deberán estar resueltos cuando termine :)

Fibonaccov likes this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Attached Files:

tahir_ali likes this.
  27. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

Gracias por tu respuesta, cambie el tag a Stair y aún suceden algunas cosas, te agrego un video, creo que desde el 0:24 se aprecia mejor que aveces como que coloca la cabesa hacia el piso y pareciera que fuera cayendo

28. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

29. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Update will land by Monday?

30. Malbers

Malbers

Yes I see the issue, that can be solve a bit with increasing the Max Slope Angle :
    upload_2020-8-28_17-21-22.png

But, with the new update the controller has improved a lot on irregular terrans like that:
    It still have some more tiny tweeks to fix but I'm getting there :) :)

Yes!
    That is the final Feature to add... "Wind/Spring/Force Zones".. :) :)

Sadly no...
    Tomorrow I'll be finishing the Force Zones...
    and after that I need to check every single Asset with every single Sample scene, Animators, AC parameters...etc
    to check if everything is working correctly..
    Then Upload the update of all the assets (12 Animals, 6 Dragons, 2 Monsters, Animal Controller and HAP)
    That should take me the entire next week.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    mandisaw, Akshara and Rowlan like this.
  31. Akshara

Akshara

@Malbers

Thank you for all that you have done over the years. You are an outstanding developer and one of the bright lights of the community. The amount of support and inspiration you give to all of us is really quite incredible, even moving at times, with how positive, consistent, beautiful and attentive your work and process can be.

Take all the time you need, sir.

mandisaw, lndie and Malbers like this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

OMG thank you so much for your kind words, you made me blush (*^▽^*)

I want to give you guys the best controller I my brain can create!

33. tonywalsh

tonywalsh

@Malbers looking forward to the upcoming update, thanks for your work.

Malbers likes this.
  34. MitchStan

MitchStan

Hi - great animations - great programming - great support.

I have a question about the Unka Dragon controller for mobile. In the Unka Mobile Demo the virtual joysticks are not working correctly. Using Unity Remote 5 on my iPhone, I can run the Unka Mobile Demo Scene but any finger touch on the virtual joystick activates the fireball animation. The virtual joystick does move with the finger movement so it does see the input but Unka does not move. Instead Unka performs the fireball animation.

For comparison - the the Wolf Mobile Demo works fine though. What do you think could be the issue with the Unka Mobile Inputs?

Using Unity 2019.4.9f1 Mac

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  35. Malbers

Malbers

That is because the Malbers Input component is enabled.. disable it and it should work properly :)
    upload_2020-8-30_16-39-56.png
    I have fixed that issue for the next update..

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  36. Malbers

Malbers

The Last feature for this update is ready! the Force Zones...

You can use them as Spring, Wind, Push Zones :)
    and it is really fun to play around with it :)

mandisaw and tahir_ali like this.
  37. MitchStan

MitchStan

Thank you - that helped.

But I think there's a few additional fixes to do as well. There are no events being picked up in the mobile joystick GO's. I studied the Wolf Mobile Deme and can see where the issues are since that demo works correctly. After wiring up the events in the Unka mobile joystick - it's working better now. I think a few other items are not connected properly on the Unka Mobile Demo - some behavior is wonky. I'm going to reload the projects clean and start over. I'll try and provide you a list of the items that need fixing for your next update if it helps you.

Good work, sir. I appreciate your talents and efforts.

Malbers likes this.
  38. manurocker95

manurocker95

Hey! i just got Unka and I would like to request a shader update for HDRP and URP (as I didn't see any supported package) and for future updates, InControl integration ^^.

And btw, falling is still bugged. If you face an slope the controller gets stuck with the face inside the floor. this also happens when going down (with Q)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

I'm checking all the sample scenes 1 by 1 just to avoid this tiny errors on the next update :)

Hey there thanks for using Unka :)
    Here's how to Upgrade to any RP:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/how-to/upgrade-to-urp

Yes!

Finally that issue is solved on the next update :) Which is landing very soon!!!

40. mentalgear

mentalgear

Wow, thank you for the great ongoing development, you're awesome!
    (I didn't even know I need Push Zones :) )

Question re: the bird controller:
    1. Is it possible to have the bird start out flying, like a switch to toggle?
    2. I'm using the Raven Low Poly Pack with the inbuilt AC .rar controller. Could it be that the .rar is not on the latest version? There are several Fly Parameters from the API guide that are not visible in the bird inspector component, like glide or flap chance.
    3. Gravity Settings seem to do nothing. Bird has no pull down force.
    4. Low Poly Forest Example Camera: Changing POV Sprint Values again seems to not change anything.

(Also: Is it be possible to have other blendshapes for the bird than just the head portion (or am I misssing something?))

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  41. tieum67

tieum67

@Malbers Hello ! I'm discovering the AC asset since yesterday, and it looks very nice. Thanks for your work !
    I would like to use the input and animal script for the raven, but i would like to move the animal with another script. How could i disable this functonnality ? Have a nice day !

Malbers likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

Please Do!!!
    I love to kill bugs! That what makes the controller even better!!

Me neither! But now I can't stop playing with them!!
    Yes!
    you just use the Override Start State here:
    upload_2020-9-1_11-11-56.png

That is a unity bug, and can be solved like this:

Also I'm removing the Rar files for UnityPackages on the next update :) since they are allowed again on the assets ^^

Gravity is Disabled when the animal is on Fly Mode.
    The Fly State has a PullDown parameter to Attract the animal to the ground when flying here:
    upload_2020-9-1_11-19-21.png

Yes! that is one of the tiny things I forgot to set on all the assets :) Just the dragons has it!

Connect it to the animal like this:

upload_2020-9-1_11-23-49.png
    So when the animal is sprinting the Camera FOV is Updated too.

For the Ravens just those Blendshapes are available at the moment....
    what you can do to change even more the overall shape is to scale the bones :)
    Like I do in all other animals:Min 2:05

Hope this helps!

mandisaw and mentalgear like this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Welcome to the Family!!

The main functionality of the Animal scripts is moving the animal... and give the parameters to the animator..

but you can use your own controller if you want... and use it with the Malbers Input Script.. which is independent and can be use anywhere..!
    To connect the Inputs of the component you simply use the Unity Events:

upload_2020-9-1_11-31-3.png

44. Gamerzon94

Gamerzon94

I tried adjusting the Slope Angle but it still gave me a couple of glitches, I guess the update you talked about earlier will help with this problem, is there any other suggestion you can give me? I appreciate all the help you give c:

45. danteswap

danteswap

Hi There I was Succesful in setting up my first animal now i want to add mobile controls so animal can be controlled by on screen joystick and buttons on a mobile device , So how do i implement the inbuilt joystick and camera controls like in the mobile demo scene for my animals is there any turorial for it ?

Malbers likes this.
  46. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

When using a generic game controller and the user presses gently on the joystick, I can get a float between -1 and 1 for each axis. When using the Unity CharacterController, speed will vary depending on how hard the user presses the control.

Out of the box, your Animal Controller doesn't seem to do that - it either moves at 100% speed or doesn't move. How can I change it so that when the user presses all the way up, the animal runs its fastest and have it walk if the user only presses half way?

Example code when using the Unity CharacterController:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public class tempJoyInput : MonoBehaviour
    3. {
    4.     public float speed = 2f;
    5.     public CharacterController characterController;
    7.     void Update()
    8.     {
    9.         Vector3 movement = new Vector3(Input.GetAxis("Horizontal"), 0f, Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
    10.         characterController.Move(movement * speed * Time.deltaTime);
    11.     }
    12. }
    Forgive me if this has already been answered (I've tried looking!)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  47. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

Hi, So I am building a game that have a stylized art to it and I am using the cougar asset and I was wondering if I can change it's material?

48. danteswap

danteswap

Hi There I was Succesful in setting up my first animal now i want to add mobile controls so animal can be controlled by on screen joystick and buttons on a mobile device , So how do i implement the inbuilt joystick and camera controls like in the mobile demo scene for my animals is there any turorial for it ?

Malbers likes this.
  49. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Hey man i waiting for your awesome update(feels like waiting for game update with a lot of new features). When its landing?

Malbers likes this.
  50. danteswap

danteswap

Hi there I use Easy Touch Control For Mobile inputs So Is it possible to call the input action on Malbers Input like Horizontal axis via a script like my mobile inputs uses this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. moveInput = new Vector2(ETCInput.GetAxis("Horizontal"), ETCInput.GetAxis("Vertical"));
    so is there any way to set malbers Horizontal values to my moveInput value and similar for other buttons to?