Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. mathiagr

mathiagr

It doesn't help to explain the issue. I created a duplicate of the AC AI scene (copying all the game components to a new scene), and none of the AI animals move in the new scene. There must be something else to make them move, just don't know what. Hoped you would know?

Edit: nevermind, the new scene just needed a Navmesh baked.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there! I was away this week. but i'm back!

Yes.. you can solve the Y moving by disabling the Root Motion on the Take off Tag Modifier here:
    upload_2020-7-10_10-25-26.png

Or you can modify on the Animation the Y position:

Yes some of the animations uses Events mostly the Fly animations and is just for the Flap Wing sound..
    If you like you can use them by keeping the Animator Event Sound script.
    upload_2020-7-10_10-29-32.png
    Or you can do his function on the animator
    Animator.fireEvents = false.

Attached Files:

R1PFake likes this.
  3. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

@Malbers Hope you had a nice journey :)
    1, Please let me know the rideable dragon setting is the same as how we set horses for invector character.
    2, In my game there are horses and dragons depends upon level so i can use both in a game.
    3, Using animal controller i can change fox to any other animal like dog tiger etc.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  4. Rowlan

Rowlan

I created a GitHub repo with the Bubbles I used for the Bubbles breathing Little Dragon, i. e. this one:

In case anyone wants it, here's a dedicated thread:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/fre...es-in-soap-bubbles-open-source-github.930591/

Please note the Malbers Integration text:

In addition to the code change with e. g. filtering by tag all you have to do on the animal is to replace the FireBall with the BubbleBullet in the Effect Manager:

todo.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Fibonaccov, Malbers and MaxKMadiath like this.
  5. mandisaw

mandisaw

Hi @Malbers! I'm using AC for both my Human & Animal chars in this project, and so far I've got all the States, Modes, and Actions set up nicely. But now I want to set up some Reactions/Moods (happy, sad, frightened) that can color the Idle/Locomotion States, Talk Action, etc.

I saw "Emotions" in the Actions section and wondered is that an extra "flavor" of Action built into AC? Or some hold-over from the old controller?

I think I can handle it myself with an extra Animator parameter, but if there's something built-in, I'll use that.

6. mathiagr

mathiagr

Hi, there is a bug with the moose when it attacks some objects. Do you know what causes this, and how to fix it? I would assume it goes for other animals too.

7. GaDeMy

GaDeMy

Hi.

I bought your asset (Poly Art: Fox) way back March, 2018 (Order #4673027567694). At the time it came with the controller and I used it as such. Now, I just imported the updated version of it and it seems that another asset is requiered to use the package with the same functionalities that it had when I purchased it. Searching in this forum I saw that the new character controller that is now mandatory to access all previous functionality is about $30 and was free for the first months of release, which is nice and fair, but I came to figure it out this changes on your asset just today and I never got an email or notification of any kind regarding this change of I would have obviously gotten the new Character Controller. Are you providing free access to old customers like me?

Malbers and R1PFake like this.
  8. R1PFake

R1PFake

Im in a similar position, I have the Wyvern, Big Dragon, Little Dragon and Wolf asset. I didn't use them for a long time and now recently I started to use them again and downloaded the Wyvern. Would be nice if the controller would get a discount for owners of "old" packs. I can understand that the new controller has more features etc but as far as I see the old controller was removed completely, so they basically removed features from the asset we paid for unless im missing something?

9. GaDeMy

GaDeMy

Exactly my thought! Lets wait for the developer answer.

10. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys, yes I understand your concern and I totally agreed .

Like you said the Animal Controller was free so everybody can have it before it went paid..

Sadly I don't get access of all the user emails that buy my assets so I couldn't notified them....

but we can work something out... :)

Fortunately I get access to 12 vouchers per asset per year.. and the Animal Controller vouchers are used precisely for these cases
    I have wrote you via PM one..

Another solutions is that if you own Horse Animset Pro you already have the Animal Controller.
    In your case you already have HAP, Right @R1PFake?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you @Rowlan for this... love it!!
    Actually yes... they are from the Little Dragons... you can find those Emotion animations in those assets :)...
    at the end are just IDs for the Transitions to those animations ;)
    Here's a Little Dragon Animator:
    upload_2020-7-16_12-24-33.png

Thank you for finding this....
    But Stuck problem is caused by the Colliders on the Head.. which on the moose is very obvious
    upload_2020-7-16_12-36-1.png

The Gravity is trying to pull down so it may cause that issue

But The jump when changing to the falling state was solved in the last Animal Controller Update 1.1.9.

Now one Solution is to create a Capsule collider like the ones for humanoids in front of the Animal Front feets..
    is not ideal but is works.

upload_2020-7-16_12-41-9.png

and remove the Head Collider

mandisaw and Rowlan like this.
  12. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

Any Update on This

13. Malbers

Malbers

Hey max apologies I miss this post :D

All the Animals are untouched when you are making the integration for invector... you just need to do it for the Character

and drag the Rideable Version of the Animal to your scene... each animal has a folder with the HAP Integration:
    E.g Unka has is Rideable unka here:
    upload_2020-7-16_16-11-5.png

You can use the Animal controller with any animal or humanoid....

If you are using a creature/animal with its own animations you can follow the Tutorials on how to use the Animal Controller from scratch:

If you want to use my animations with another model check this tutorial:
    Re-Rig:

Donkey

Hope this helps

mandisaw and GaDeMy like this.
  14. R1PFake

R1PFake

@Malbers Thanks for the answer about the controller. I don't have the Horse Controlle yet. It's on my wishlist in case there is a sale, but I can buy it currently. I checked again to make sure but I only have the animals mentioned above (Wyvern, Big Dragon, Little Dragon, Wolf)

Malbers likes this.
  15. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

@Malbers Thansk
    5, qus
    1, How i can disable melee attack when i am on the dragon. i need it only on a horse.
    2, How i can add aim while dragon fire.
    3, There is a wired sound when player is on the dragon. think its fireball sound.
    4 i noticed for the dragon when dragon is walking i am getting invector footstep?
    5, Is it possible for dragon to follow another dragon in air?

Your asset is super good i am enjoying it thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  16. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

17. Malbers

Malbers

Yes... so that is a bit complicated.. but it can be done :)

So if you noticed on my MMele script there's an Active Parameter: Change that to Variable
    upload_2020-7-18_11-18-44.png

And on your Project create a Boolean Scriptable Variable and use it there
    upload_2020-7-18_11-20-10.png

upload_2020-7-18_11-21-8.png

Now that variable you can modify them when you mount the dragon using the Dragon Mount Events... so if you mount the Dragon, set it to false, and if you dismount it set it to true.
    upload_2020-7-18_11-22-42.png

That way the Melee weapons cannot be used when the rider is on the dragon...

Also on the Rider or anywhere you need to set the bool var to true at Start.. since is a Scriptable object and it will store the last value it had even when is out of Play mode.
    You can do it by using the Scriptable Var Reseter on an Empty GameObject or on your Game Manager Object....if you have one.
    upload_2020-7-18_11-31-55.png

18. Malbers

Malbers

It should be disable since you have added to the Disable component list.. that's weird :confused:

Is it playing always?, can you make a video to see the issue?
    Humm that one is a bit tricky since the Rider Combat is the one that makes the Aiming and the Aim Logic only works when the character has a weapon that uses Aim.. I need explore more on how to solve that one.

There's a script called Follow Target.... is a pretty basic script that is used for an Animal to follow a Target.. but it does not care for obstacles. It simply calculate the Direction of the Target and Feeds it to the Animal Controller; and when is near it stop.

The Brain component at the moment only works on the ground... for non flying animals.

19. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

@Malbers Thanks for your support and i will check and update you :) thank you

Malbers likes this.
  20. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Hi @Malbers, we bought "Horse Animset Pro" from you and would like to make Pegasus (flying horses) out of horses by adding wings to them. We also have Animal Controler and there you have it in the description that it is based on States and Modes (Very cool idea, praise from our developer). But we are confusion, where to start? Please tell me what to do?

21. Malbers

Malbers

You just came in the Perfect time :D:D:D:p:p
    Here's what is coming for the next update: (Hopefully End of july --mid august)
    upload_2020-7-21_10-5-10.png

You can always check the Documentation: and How to Section.

https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/

and the First tutorials of the Animal Controller:

shyamarama, christougher and mandisaw like this.
  22. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Great news! Thank you!!!
    I have a few questions.
    1) Will it be possible to change the wings? Can I use my wings?
    2) Will it be in low poly style? Or will it be only realistic?
    3) What about the mechanics of following a player in the air?
    I have suggestions for integration with the following plug-ins:
    Polarith AI Pro - https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ai-pro-3d-movement-pathfinding-steering-71465
    Flock Box - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/flock-box-155028

Malbers likes this.
  23. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

24. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! but you will need to create your own animation then if you want to create your own wings.. I'm making an Animator controller for the wings that are in sync with the Horse Animator Controller.. you will need to replace those animations then :)

Yes, it will have a poly art version too...

and the Undead horse will have its Undead wings (Bat/Dragon Style)... eventually :)

That I still havent figured out how to do it.. since the AI Brain works with the Unity Nav Mesh Agent and that only works on the ground. for the Air I just use a Follow Direction from a target to another... nothing fancy there. :)

Those look awesome!!

But on the Queue is :

Finishing once for all the UCC integration with the new HAP update...
    After that is Cinemachine and the new Unity Input System... So those 2 will be the Official Camera Rig and Input for all my assets :)

mandisaw likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a work in progress about the Pegasus :)

26. mathiagr

mathiagr

Hi, I noticed that the Tiger in the animal pack asset does not have a cub/baby prefab as all the other animals do. Is this right or am I missing something?

27. mathiagr

mathiagr

Looks amazing! Hope it comes in polyart version too with baby/cub versions!

Malbers likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

Yes you are Right... it does not have any small cubs, he was the first Poly Art animal ever :)

He will receive all the new goodies when I make the Realistic version of him which it will be right after the wolf and the deer.

29. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

looks nice :)

Malbers likes this.
  30. KingCeryn

KingCeryn

Okay, so in my long quest to get the Irval Wyvern package working with my own model, im running into an error-

It seems to be a Blender issue, maybe someone can help. My new model using the same rig as Irval works properly, except for the chains on the wings. something in Blender is making the Elbow and wing tip bones rotate the wrong way on import.

I know unity has issues with rotation orientation, but has anyone had this issue/solved it? My new model looks FANTASTIC, its a custom Drogon from GOT that i painted in Substance, works great except those pesky wing bone errors. would love to fix it!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  31. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Hi @Malbers, we recently bought an Irval Wyvern from you. We saw an amazing Dodge animation there. We would like to see the same animation for Pegasus. We did not see this animation in this demo video. Tell me, will it be in Pegasus?

Malbers likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

A forgot to add it haha thanks for reminding me ;)

The rig was made in 3DsMax, and Saldy 3DsMax and Blender have some incompatibility issues when importing.
    What I do to get the bones right from the FBX of the asset is this:

Rowlan likes this.
  33. Rowlan

Rowlan

Awesome. How would you export this to make it work in Unity?

34. Malbers

Malbers

I think theoretically it will be exporting it back as FBX. ;) but I havent tried haha..

35. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unfortunately not, the animations are screwed, like literally, the parts of the animal twist around.

36. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Hi @Malbers, how to auto parking horse to cart? (see diagram below) At the moment I tried to do so. On the horse (Pegasus) I added the script MAnimalAIControl. And with the help of him I want to park the horse. I added another Abilty to the Mode Action. And added to the descendants of the Zone cart, which activates my new Abilty. Also for the Move to the first point, I use the following script, but it doesn’t work for me if I disable MAnimalAIControl in advance so that I can move to the cart. If you turn on the script MAnimalAIControl and put a horse in the zone in advance, the following happens (see video). First she stands and plays the Eat animation. And then he goes to the point and circles around it. This is not what I want. I would like the horse to stand straight back to the cart. I have no idea how to make a horse move backwards (Walk_Back Animation)?

Video
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wYV0S6u150evM8sRLaBCNgYghzSJxJ5w/view?usp=sharing

Script
    https://pastebin.com/vqa6A867

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  37. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

38. Malbers

Malbers

That's a bummer :(

The problem I see is the Stopping Distance value
    .. if you take a look the Horse cannot arrive to the Target and keeps walking in circle.. since the stopping distance is too small (Try increasing the stopping distance)
    upload_2020-8-2_19-22-54.png

39. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I'm working on some new examples of the Brain component with the lite wolf ^^ (for the new update)
    here's playing catch with the player

wetcircuit, mandisaw and Rowlan like this.
  40. Rowlan

Rowlan

That's awesome. Now i definitely need a realistic one and once I have that I'll start doing something in VR again :D

41. KingCeryn

KingCeryn

ah yes, sorry thats the issue- importing back into Unity from Blender. been trying to solve the issue with the bones, i have a custom C# script i use to import Skinned Mesh Renderers with the same bone names, and assign them to the existing rig- its been super helpful for the horses, ive gotten Wolves and Red Elk, etc

It seems to be localized to the elbow wing bones of the dragon armature however, when i import back into Unity from Blender, theyre flipped. Was hoping someone else mightve solved this, but ill try a 3DSMax workaround maybe

Malbers likes this.
  42. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Any plan for Trajectory System for Throwing objects?

43. Malbers

Malbers

shyamarama, tahir_ali and Rowlan like this.
  44. Quimby_RBG

Quimby_RBG

Hi Malbers,
    I am very happy with your models and animations, thank you for your work.
    Currently I am having a problem that I wanted to ask you about.

My project uses a procedural open world terrain mesh that I generate at run time, and I have to shift the mesh to re-centre the loaded area as Unity's shadows get a little weird when the camera is too far from centre.
    I have your forest pack wolf (with animal controller) as a child of the object that moves its transform to shift the meshes, but every time I do the wolf fails to move with it as expected, given its place in the hierarchy.
    This does not occur with other controllers with rigidbodies, and occurs even when the wolf's rigidbody is kinematic.
    Is there anything in the animal controller script that might be keeping the wolf in its world space position after the move?

Thanks in advance,
    Quimby

45. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  46. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, you can use the camera or a Target :)

The upgrade is landing at the end of this month...
    This is a huge update that requires remove the Script folder completely! so I need to test and test and test so everything works with no bugs

Thank you for using my assets I really appreciate it!

Yes, your main problem is that the Animal Controller does not like to be child of any object.. for better usage it highly recommended to NOT be child of any object.
    Can you make a video of the issue to see if I can reproduce on my side?

Quimby_RBG likes this.
  47. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Can you please share the throw able part of update for testing purposes?

48. Quimby_RBG

Quimby_RBG

Your asset package was beyond perfect for our project; I'm very happy with the quality of the animations and impressed with the effort you have invested.

I have uploaded a video for you to see the problem I was talking about.
    In it, I have set the distance to trigger a world position update to 10, so the problem happens in quick succession to make it more apparent.
    I had the same issue (more or less) when I made the wolf no longer a child of the world transform, and applied the offset to its position directly.

I think the rigidbody doesn't like being teleported, but I haven't yet found a good work around.
    If you can think of anything to try, I'd be grateful for the advice. In the meantime, I can just turn off the world repositioning and worry about it later, so I'm not sweating it too much.
    Thanks again,
    Quimby

Attached Files:

49. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there :) yes I can share it.. check your Direct messages :)

I saw the video ... ... and Yes... teleporting cause strange issues... that is why I've created these functions ... and is the one you need to use to reposition the Animal :)
     public virtual void Teleport(Vector3 newPos)

upload_2020-8-5_9-37-56.png

BTW :) you can use https://streamable.com/ to post videos ^^

Quimby_RBG likes this.
  50. Quimby_RBG

Quimby_RBG

Fantastic, that fixed it perfectly.
    I didn't even notice the teleport functions when thumbing through your controller. Thank you so much for your help.
    Also, kudos for pointing out Streamable, it will be very handy.
    Here's some footage of it working:

Cheers,
    Quimby

Malbers likes this.