Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Damn Amaaazing!!!!!!

2. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

The more i dig, the more your environment is interesting. Great job!
    While we wait for DOTS to stabilize and be usable in production, I wonder if in the meanwhile the new Input System can be adopted now in AC or what your plan is.
    Moreover, I have been playing with Cougar and I see that the demo Cougar Playground has al different input model than the one in Cougar Callbacks regarding the turnaround versus back motion of the cougar.
    Could you guide me on where you define these different behavious?
    Thank you,

3. Malbers

Malbers

I'll be migrating throughout the year to more Unity Packages like the New Input System, the Rig tool, Cinemachine.
    So those packages will be default for AC :)
    Next step on the integration is Timeline

That one is easy simple enable or disable the Camera Input on the General Tab:
    upload_2020-3-26_12-0-12.png

4. Ale_alejandro

Ale_alejandro

i have the old Tiger asset but dont have the new animal controller asset. is it it depreciated? do i have to pay $30 to use my tiger asset now?

5. Malbers

Malbers

Here's the new Elephant in motion :)
    Elephant-Walk.gif

ftejada, mindfulmx and Rowlan like this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

The Animal Controller has evolved to its own Asset..
    if you have the old Tiger asset you can still access to the old version of the Animal Controller
    It was free for 8 month last year so old user could grab it before its price got up.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  7. Rowlan

Rowlan

That looks amazing. When will it be available? And will it be ridable?

8. Malbers

Malbers

I'm on the animation phase so... its 2-3 weeks animating, after that is Unity time!
    and yes of course! it will be rideable!

Rowlan likes this.
  9. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Thanks for reply on future implementation of new Unity Input Package. The reason I was asking is because I would like to try a first local level muliiplayer simple approach (I have read that you have no plans for that) with 2 gamepads, each controlling a character.
    Anyway, with traditional Input Manager have added a HorizontalR and VerticalR to manage gamepad rigthStick and following your docs have assigned this new controls in the Malbers Input component of my second character in the scene. Adding a few lines here and there in C# in malbersinpit.cs I am now able to control the first character with leftStick and the second with rightStick. OK
    Now, if I have two gamepads I assume the only thing to change would be once again parameters in project Input Manager binding the 2 controllers appropriately.

You have some suggestions on this approach? Better ideas?
    Has anyone done any local multiplayer, either with one PC or in LAN with more? thanks

10. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hi @Malbers !

I am wondering if Animal Controller can be used for a tycoon/simulation type game where there is no controlled human agents, but there are maybe 10-20 agents instructed to perform tasks via AI scripting (think of Prison Architect or maybe Rimworld as an example of what i am implying). I believe that your controller handles humanoids as well, right ?

One of the most important things for me would be to be able to integrate Behavior Designer with Animal Controller. I am seeing that you are having some Opsive integrations, so maybe that is something that would work with the Animal Controller. This is actually mostly humanoids with maybe a couple of animals as well.

The idea would be to use the Animal Controller to handle the agents, but script their behavior using the nice trees of Behavior Designer. Most character controllers in the store tend to be player centric, meaning that they are mostly based on having a controlled player (although they can be worked around i guess), but yours seem a bit more flexible and so i wanted to get your input on this :)

An example situation would be where I am using a NavMeshAgent Seek Behavior Designer Task to move a character mesh around the level using the Animal Controller (say a task like "seek and go to this room or follow this other npc"). Would it be easy to sync the Animal Controller with scenarios of that sort ? ( I mean, there is always a way i guess, but it may be that the Animal controller gets in the way of Behavior Designer, thus making it a pain to integrate :/)

Thanks !

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  11. Malbers

Malbers

In that case you can use the rewired Integration.. which has the features you need (working with 2 or more players on a single scene)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NkJtfFKudKY59aeb51p8R4RjpA9n21Vl
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/integrations/rewired

12. Malbers

Malbers

In that case I recommend to NOT use the Animal Controller at all.. since your game needs different logic due to the type of game, then you should use only the animations and models...and your own controller logic
    AC is more oriented to third person controller.

Behaviour Designer is on my list of integrations .. but I'm focusing at the moment to keep releasing more animals since last year I only made 2 new assets :(

and also keep improving AC

13. Rowlan

Rowlan

When did the Golems go live and why did nobody inform me? :(

Had to try with NatureManufacture Forest Environment :D

nm golem 1.jpg
    nm golem 2.jpg
    nm golem 3.jpg

Malbers likes this.
  14. Malbers

Malbers

Rowlan likes this.
  15. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

16. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

hey malbers you're like a celebrity over here. I have a few questions, I followed your tutorial how to make any mount mountable on youtube and am stuck on one part. My animal has no root motion so I changed the speed of walk to 10 on the manimal script and now he's running to the left when I try to run forward. When I try to make him walk backwards he runs to the left as well. He is responding I just need him to run forward and backward when I press w and s. Ok next question, how do I implement flying? Of course the first thing I imported was a dragon and I want him to FLY!!!! Last question, how come the animal gets stuck on slopes and goes to the fall position on little bumps. What is making this happen? I changed max slope angle to 60 and he still can't handle little bumps in the terrain(you know that little bump to the right of the spawn point in your playground? he can't go over that without sparking the fall animation, what am I doing wrong?) I've been using your program for about a month and a half now and am really pleased with the performance.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  17. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I used GTGD's platform to make my multiplayer game and horse animset to handle the mounts. It works fine multiplayer but I am having problems syncing the animations because once the rider is parented to the mount you can only use one animator controller on each prefab over the network. Should be a simple fix but I'm not sure exactly how to fix it. Probably just gotta switch isLocalPlayer on to the mount when mounted.

18. Malbers

Malbers

I know a few people have wrote me via email and they are working on multiplayer stuff with the Horse and the Animals.. but they don't have anything finish yet

Thank you :D

On the Animal Controller <General Tab> Disable the Camera Input option.. that way it will go back
    Here's a How to correctly do the Fly State:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/main-components/manimal-controller/states/fly

That happens when the Angle of the Slope is greater than the Max Slope on the Animal.
    if that does solve it then change the Raycast radius to a higher value too:
    upload_2020-4-5_10-23-33.png

That is super awesome that you are using networking with my assets :D

You can try to use the other method for the rider to be sync with the Horse.. Instead of parent use this:
    upload_2020-4-5_10-25-51.png

Disable Parent to mount. and Play with the Update Type Option..
    What that does is to Force moving the Position and Rotation of the Rider to the Mount Point.

19. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

ok I just ran a build with the parent options you recommened but it's still not animating the animal parameters over the network, even though transform works. It has to do with the network animator I think. You can only have one network animator per prefab, so if you have a character on a mount you have to chose one. I'm gonna go over the fly animal controller documentation right now to see what I can do. Unfortunately my animal had camera input turned off already. He's still moving left instead of forward and backward :(

20. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

I changed the raycast to size 1.0 and he still can't handle the little hill. what is interesting to note, though, is that he can travel up all 4 ramps with ease(even that huge ramp on the left)

21. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

ok so I'm about halfway through the fly documentation and when I press spacebar guess what happens? He moves left instead of up and down. all this guy wants to do is move left.

22. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Loving the animal controller update @Malbers. One quick question on the pickup. How difficult wold it be to have two holding points instead of one? My animals will be holding items in each hand so they will have two points.

23. Malbers

Malbers

That pick up logic only works with one holding point :(
    I tried to make it as simple as possible for now

24. Malbers

Malbers

Guys we found a little bug when you are using a character/animal/creature with no root motion animation I've already upload the fix to the store but meanwhile here's the fix:

just add this line of code to the Animal Logic:
    devenv_HrreHefykC.png

25. Malbers

Malbers

On the Rider I have set the Animator Values here:
    upload_2020-4-7_10-40-7.png

26. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap that is a problem when you change the Max Slope to a Higher Value..
    Can you share a picture of your terrain irregularities to see how is it?

27. Malbers

Malbers

that is very strange... in any case it should jump instead of going to the left? what is the character you are trying to make it fly?

28. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

Well I'm kinda busy trying to incorporate malbers/ummorpg/and gtgd scripts into one massive game. This is the video I have of the problem. In the first half you will see him ride a chicken type creature but it can't handle a hill on the right. In the second part he rides the dragon but it can't move in any direction but left(without turning the character).

29. Cazual

Cazual

I just updated the controller and the animals pack and all animals are now on top of each other and dont work anymore, is there a document to explain how to upgrade to the latest of your packages?

30. Malbers

Malbers

If you updated from an older version you need to remove the old package completely:
    All-Assets-New-Controller.jpg

31. Malbers

Malbers

For the Chicken ... since it only has 2 legs it can be set as humanoid so you only need to Use one Pivot (Chest Pivot)
    here is more information about it here:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/how-to/use-the-ac-for-humanoids

About the Dragon I think the problem is that your Forward Direction is not the Z axis.. is the X axis instead..
    Make sure you have it set properly (Z as Forward) (Set the Options to Local and Pivot)

upload_2020-4-8_12-34-45.png

32. KaoticBrew

KaoticBrew

@Malbers I'm trying to create an Action Zone that will trigger when an AI controlled animals enters to make it perform an action for a specified amount of time. For example if the AI creature runs through the zone it sleeps for 15 seconds before continuing with it's current task. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. When I create a sleep action zone the animal will just remain in that state indefinitely. I can add a Mode Behavior to the Sleep Action to make it go into sleep and then come out of it but I don't know how to do the duration. Ultimately what I would love to be able to do is have a task where the creature wanders and if it crosses the Sleep Action Zone AND it's stamina is below a certain amount it would sleep until it's stamina was all the way regenerated and then it would continue on with it's current task.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! These assets are fantastic!

33. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

well I tried to change the bird to humanoid but the bone structure turned into a mess that I don't think I can configure easily. after I change settings to local and pivot what do I rotate? I tried to rotate the animal but it didn't change the direction he was going :(

edit: I downloaded a pivot rotation tool but that didn't help either. do I have to change the pivot in my modeller and then reimport all the files? if that's the case I'll probably wait on this project for now and continue working with ummorpg until I need mounts. Q_Q

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  34. Malbers

Malbers

When you use a Zone you need to also have the MWayPoint Attached to it.. that way you can set how long it will stay on the Zone with the min and Max Wait time here :)
    upload_2020-4-9_11-21-36.png
    set 15 -15 (min-Max) and the bear will sleep for 15 seconds before going to the next Waypoint

But I found a tiny bug when the previous Waypoint is set to 0 Wait time.. here's the fix: ⏬⏬

For that I have Created 2 new decisions (AND Decisions and OR Decisions)
    AND combine multiple decisions and all the Decisions Must be true... so what you can do is to make
    upload_2020-4-9_12-38-1.png

A Check Stat Decision where Stamina is Below x Value
    upload_2020-4-9_12-38-51.png

and Another LookAt Decision that Looks For a Zone (Sleep Zone)
    upload_2020-4-9_12-39-55.png

So you can Set that Sleep Zone and Stamina Decision to the Patrol AI STATE:
    upload_2020-4-9_12-44-21.png

KaoticBrew likes this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

Here are the fixes:

Attached Files:

KaoticBrew likes this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

No no no... you don't have to turn the Rig bird to Humanoid .... the Animal Controller Just need the Chest Pivot in order to make the Animal to be a Humanoid)

This one is easy :)

You need to create a Game Object between the Root and the first bone.. like this :
    upload_2020-4-9_13-18-54.png
    The Root needs to have Z Pointing Forward Like the First Golem Image but the Fixer GameObject you rotate it to match your needs

37. KaoticBrew

KaoticBrew

Thank you for the quick reply! Maybe I'm missing something or doing it incorrectly but the animal still stays in sleep mode indefinitely after I brought in those changes and made sure to setup the min-max properties on the Action Zone way point component. I not sure if this information help but I'm using the Fox AC currently to try and implement this.

Here's an example of what I'm seeing (Note that the min-max here is 5 to keep the video length short).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pXGWAwF0IpLkxSaCivftp1KXOjyZrWd2

upload_2020-4-9_13-1-43.png

38. KaoticBrew

KaoticBrew

39. Malbers

Malbers

T
    That is because the Wolf lite does not have Sleep Animations :(

KaoticBrew likes this.
  40. Malbers

Malbers

What are the AI States that you are using on the little fox... also also
    Can you show me the Console Log from the Little Fox to see what is doing?
    upload_2020-4-9_15-5-46.png

41. KaoticBrew

KaoticBrew

Currently I am using the AC 01 Patrol state and I'm setting the starting way point to the Sleep Action Zone way point for testing.

upload_2020-4-9_14-19-59.png

upload_2020-4-9_14-22-7.png

I have my own state called Wander that spawn random waypoints on the navmesh that the creature then traverse to before it spawns another random waypoint somewhere else. The Patrol state is helping me debug this issue though because I can control where the creature goes much better.

42. KaoticBrew

KaoticBrew

Here's my animator:
    upload_2020-4-9_14-23-32.png

Attached Files:

43. KaoticBrew

KaoticBrew

44. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

hey malbers, thanks for the help I got my dragon running forward now! he still can't fly but I'm sure it has to do with the rotator. the bird doesn't like it if I just give him a chest pivot and he freezes up. I've been using ummorpg for about a week now and I wanna implement your physics into their network. thanks for your help!

45. Malbers

Malbers

I have updated Ac to 1.1.5

(AC) 1.1.5 (HAP 4.08) - 2020 Apr 9
    • Added: Fly State Land Time.. to avoid immediately landing after the take off.
    • Fixed: When playing Modes the Random Value was enable, it caused Random Idles to play on the Lower Layer
    • Fixed: Small fixes to the Mode Inspector
    • Added: Value Property to Bool, Int and Float Listener Component
    • Added: CheckVarListener Decision to the Brain AI
    • Added HelpBox Attribute
    • Added: On Enter, On Exit Event to the Attack Triggers
    • Fixed: UpdateDirectionSpeed was false instead of true on Start (It caused Zero movement on Non Root Motion Character). IMPORTANT
    • Added: AND AI Biain Decisions
    • Added: OR AI Brain Decisions
    • Fixed: AI Animal Control Must wait one frame to Set the next Target.
    • Added: Look Decision can Search for a Specific Zone with Index
    • Fixed: Play Mode Task (Modes can Interrupt other modes, E.g Attack can interrupt being hitted)
    Use this Update it should fix your issues.

mandisaw and Rowlan like this.
  46. Malbers

Malbers

Really?? what makes it freeze ... because using only the Chest Pivot is for those cases (Ostrich, Humans, Raptors)
    Can you make a video??
    Yeap, must be the rotator ...trying doing this hierarchy:
    Root
    --> Rotator (with Local Pos and Rot to (0,0,0)
    ----> Fixer (with the rotation you set to solve the issue)
    -------> First Bone

47. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys here's are the new assets we are preparing for you :), All of course with their Poly Art Style
    Croco3.jpg El Rhino.jpg 01 - Copy.png 02 - Copy.png

Hitch42 and Rowlan like this.
  48. Rowlan

Rowlan

omg that horse :eek: needs new rider character instead of cowboy :D

must have all of those

Malbers likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! it needs a new Rider!! but sadly my partner just made the Undead Horse (with Fire, Ice, toxic, and Rotten meat Style) no riders :(:(
    Ice Undead.jpg Ice Undead2.jpg Meat Undead.jpg Toxic.jpg

KeithBrown and Rowlan like this.
  50. cidolfas2015

cidolfas2015

hmmm no matter what I do with the fixer game object the dragon is running straight now no matter what instead of flying. as for the chicken he doesn't want to turn or display any animations when he moves if I change the pivots. here's the video: