Search Unity

Makinom: Game Toolkit - now available for FREE!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamingislove, Jun 11, 2015.

1. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.4.2 is here!
    This update brings the new Machine Start Variables settings for quick and easy setup of local variables in machine components, new bool/float field selection types and other new features and fixes.
    The Machine Start Variables allow defining local variables in schematics that will be exposed as simple value fields in machine components.
    See all details in the release notes.

The update should be available in the Unity Asset Store shortly.

2. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.4.3 is here!
    This update brings small improvements and fixes. Please note that the editor hotkey changed from O to M, i.e. CTRL+ALT+M on Windows, CMD+ALT+M on Mac OSX.
    See all details in the release notes.

TeagansDad likes this.
  3. JuZtchillin

JuZtchillin

Hey gamingislove. How do you select a object variable components variables from another gameobjects machine or schematic? you mention in you tutorials that object variables are bound to objects and can be accessed any where like global variables but how?

Also can you only create global variables under game -> game settings -> initial variables?

Sorry I am a developer(web services) and well its my first time using a visual approach to programming. I was hoping this toolkit would allow me to prototype fast. It can be a bit hard to get used to.

4. gamingislove

gamingislove

You can access a game object's object variables by selecting the Object variable origin and using the game object which's variables you want use as the Object.

The Initial Variables in Game > Game Settings are only for global variables.

5. JuZtchillin

JuZtchillin

Thank You. Much Appreciated.

6. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.4.4 is here!
    Small update with some needed fixes. See the full release notes for details.
    The update should be available in the Unity Asset Store shortly.

7. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.5.0 is here!
    This update brings the new Selected Data feature (completely replacing the found/global object lists), shiny new variable/reflection field popups and other new stuff.
    See the full release notes for details.

Selected data allows you to store different things (e.g. game objects, components or variable handlers) in data lists (identified by a data key) to be used elsewhere, e.g. as the origin for variables or game objects. Selected data, like variables, is available locally (limited running schematics and calculating formulas), globally (available everywhere) and bound to objects (through an Object Variables comopnent).

8. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.6.0 is here!
    This small update brings compatibility to Unity 5.5, the new foldout jump list in the editor and other small features, changes and fixes.
    See the release notes for details.

9. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.7.0 is here!
    This update brings new schematic nodes for 'Light' components, updates to the editor, reliable input keys in 'Fixed Update' machines and other new features, changes and fixes!

AGregori likes this.
  10. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.8.0 is here!
    This update brings new custom GUI settings per GUI layer, optional multi-window editor, custom save game solution support, Unity 5.6 compatibility and other new features, changes and fixes.
    See the release notes for all details.

The update is already available in the Unity Asset Store.

11. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.9.0 is here!
    New UI features, code structure changes to allow extending functionality without changing Makinom’s code, and other new features, changes and fixes.

I'll write a how-to for code extensions within the next days :)

12. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.9.1 is here!
    This update brings support for Unity 2017.1 and adds new schematic nodes to support Timeline.
    See all changes in the release notes.

Please note that Makinom now requires Untiy 2017.1 and all plugins have been updated.

And here's the how-to on code extensions.

13. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom is FREE!
    Hey everyone, I'd like to announce that Makinom is now available for free - no watermark, no limitations and commercial use is allowed.
    Makinom Free should be available in the Asset Store soon (hopefully), meanwhile you can download it here.

If you want access to the gameplay source code of Makinom, you can purchase Makinom Pro in the Asset Store from now on for only $35.

Read more about this here. And if you like my products and enjoy the free updates and support I'm offering, please consider supporting my work on patreon.com!

14. nukeD

nukeD

Wow, thats very cool and generous... i see on your page that it requires Unity 2017. Is there a version for older Unity versions? Thanks!

15. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom Free is currently only available for Unity 2017.1 - I plan on uploading older Makinom versions (supporting older Unity versions) once it's available in the Asset Store.
    Which Unity version are you using?

16. nukeD

nukeD

I have a game selling on Steam made with 4.7 and i'm still supporting it (doesn't mean you have to make makinom compatible with 4). My current project is in development with 5.6

Thanks!

17. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom Free is now available in the Unity Asset Store, for free :)

@nukeD
    I'll look into Unity 5.6 support with the next update.

BackwoodsGaming, nukeD and TonyLi like this.
  18. nukeD

nukeD

Thanks!

19. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.10.0 is here!
    This update brings a new editor convenience functionality, new date/time and WWW schematic nodes and other new features, changes and fixes.

The update is available for both Unity 5.6 and Unity 2017.1! Downloading it in the Asset Store should give you the compatible version to your Unity version.
    The update is alread available in the Asset Store :)

C_p_H and Zoey_O like this.
  20. nukeD

nukeD

Thats awesome, thank you!!

21. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.10.1 is here!
    This update brings new settings to replace standard Unity functionality (e.g. game object instantiation), new schematic nodes and other new features, changes and fixes.

The update is already available in the Asset Store.

C_p_H and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  22. gamingislove

gamingislove

New Wrapper Scripts available!
    Add 3rd party object pooling to Makinom with these new scripts.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  23. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.10.2 is here!
    This update improves the reflection system, allowing access to nested fields, properties and functions (e.g. component.field.subfield), and adds other small features, changes and fixes.

The update will be available in the Asset Store shortly.

24. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 2.11.0 is here!
    This small update adds support for Unity 2018!

The update is already available in the Asset Store.

25. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.11.1 is here!
    Check out the latest version's list of new features, changes and fixes in the release notes.

nukeD likes this.
  26. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.11.2 is here!
    This update fixes an issue with removed support for legacy networking in Unity 2018 - check out the release notes.

27. IgnisIncendio

IgnisIncendio

I'm not using this asset now, but I would just like to say thanks for making it free and supporting it so well. I might consider it for a future project!

gamingislove likes this.
  28. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.12.0 is here!
    See the release notes for all the new features, changes and fixes in this version.

29. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.13.0 is here!
    See the release notes for all the new features and changes in this version.

30. Appokalopps

Appokalopps

Hi, new to Unity here, trying to figure out if Makinom support touch controls for android out of the box? Or if not, is there any recommended package for that?
    Trying to decide if I can make a drag-n-drop dependent game with this.
    Thx!

31. gamingislove

gamingislove

You can create virtual controls for touch input by setting up a Control type HUD (in Menus > HUDs in the Makinom editor).
    Drag and drop can also be achieved, e.g. using Interaction machines (the Mouse start types also work for touch input).

32. Appokalopps

Appokalopps

Awesome, thanks! Will then delve into the open documentation and decide if to buy this. Sure feels like Im leaning toward that!

33. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.14.0 is here!
    The main feature of this update is the support for different asset sources (e.g. asset bundles) - see this new how-to for more information.

34. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.14.1 is here!
    This update adds support for Unity 2019. Please note that Makinom for Unity 2019 no longer supports any networking/multiplayer functionality, as this has been removed by Unity.

The udpate is already available in the Asset Store (both Free and Pro versions).

C_p_H likes this.
  35. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.15.0 is here!
    This update adds GUI layouts and other new features, changes and fixes.

Aaron2348 likes this.
  36. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.16.0 is here!
    The main features of this update are the new custom text codes and short names. You can define custom text codes in Menus > Text Codes, scene objects (including scene object types and components) can overrule these text codes, e.g. creating individual dialogue messages based on the used actor (using a scene object).
    See the release notes for all details :)

The update is already available for download in the Asset Store!

37. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.17.0 is here!
    This update adds new scaling options, new animation features and allows using a project from asset bundles in the game starter. Unity 2019.3 is now officially supported and there's also a newish editor look :)

C_p_H likes this.
  38. gamingislove

gamingislove

Makinom 1.18.0 is here!
    This update adds a few new features, changes and fixes, e.g. the Store Predicted Position node, which predicts positions based on velocity.

And in case you missed it - Makinom 2 is already in the beta stage, currently available as BETA 3 (which added Live Debugging of schematics). See this page for all details and new features.

Since Makinom 2 is already that far along in development, Makinom 1.18.0 will most likely be the last version with actual new features.

Havok_ZA likes this.
  39. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

Would been great if there were free ork version like makinom without source code.