Search Unity

Making movies with Unity to tie into games made with Unity

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by chilton, Oct 4, 2021.

1. chilton

chilton

Hi,

I feel like the tech is finally there for my one-man-band to make the entire movie and game I wanted to do years ago. About a decade ago I made my first Unity game, but I was really held back by how hard it was to animate characters and do cutscenes. Now it's practically real time. The only problem was mocap, which I solved with Glycon.

Here's my first dabbling with this. I haven't been this excited about using Unity in a decade. What an awesome time to be alive.

-Chilton

2. vertexx

vertexx

Well for me it looks pretty professional. Interesting plot/dialogue, Nice cuts. Nothing over done. It certainly could be on TV and I for one wouldn't think it amateurish or hastily switch channels. So there you go. It's well done and please continue!.

chilton likes this.
  3. chilton

chilton

THANK you! I actually spent some time learning about cuts and editing and camera work on sit-coms before I started. I knew nothing at all about any of that, and I'm really glad someone noticed!

4. katarinahahn

katarinahahn

That sounds like an incredible journey! It's amazing how technology has evolved to make creative projects like yours more accessible and exciting. Unity has indeed come a long way in terms of animation and cutscenes, and tools like Glycon for mocap can really take things to the next level. It's great to hear that you're feeling so excited about your work again after a decade. Keep pushing the boundaries of what's possible, and who knows what amazing creations you'll bring to life!