Search Unity

Question Making Input such as Swiping and Drag/Drop

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by unity_pQyuZUU7STNfvQ, Jun 22, 2020.

1. unity_pQyuZUU7STNfvQ

unity_pQyuZUU7STNfvQ

Hello, I am a little above an amateur level when it comes to coding and unity, I've barely just begun, I have heard of many things but know not how to make them work, workflow, what tool is best used for a problem at hand, I'm operating with basic tools and logic, I know basic classes, variables, methods, coroutines, keyboard inputs, basics of canvas and ui.. but I have, as a challenge, a game that consists mostly of UI, it's a bunch of Canvases and Buttons and Text and images that have to be swiped, dragged/dropped.. and I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the scope of stuff to do, as I don't even possess all the tools necessary for problems that come up. As I saw from googling some questions around, I need to be using Event Systems, Interfaces, Abstract Classes, Override/Protected type variables or methods and a bunch more stuff I don't know where to begin to even learn, also I don't know the best way to implement Touch Inputs in this type of UI based game... my question is- if anyone could either give me some advice or direct me to some sort of "path" to start learning all the things I'd need to know to tackle this project, I'd appreciate.