Search Unity

Making ground placed object move

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by witteb, Feb 8, 2018.

1. witteb

witteb

I have my ground plane scene working and can place a character on a defined plane. I can't however seem to figure out how to make the character move on the plane - my character for example has an animation to defined walk backwards - once placed, I expected him to walk backwards from the touch point - however he stays on the anchor point just moving his legs.

Probably a stupid question - but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2. witteb

witteb

I've tried adding characterController and movement script to the 3d object, it sort of works if i disable the movement script and run in the debugger, but as soon as the model starts running, it "falls" off what I assume is the anchor plane. I've RTFM multiple times, tried making sense of the API guide and have event tried trying to find the "Penguin" sample which could contain clues - unfortunately they removed it in 6.5 - I can't even find the package lurking on the internet

3. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Would you be able to share your script and I can attempt to reproduce your issue?

Thanks

4. witteb

witteb

Yes - I've essentially modified the example with the astronaut adding a "walking" animation, but the astronaut just "marches" in place not moving. Do I need to change the script code to allow the "anchor" to move with astronaut?