Search Unity

Making game with friends

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by aidanseeberg, May 25, 2016.

1. aidanseeberg

aidanseeberg

Hello,

My friends and I were thinking of creating some sort of game over the summer, and maybe upload it to some website. I know a lot of people on this website are going solo (and I totally respect that). But my question is how are we able to share files. I would be specializing in the coding, one of my friends would be making music. The last one would be making pixel art/animation. So my main question is how are we able to use programs that are cooperative and are able to share files easily
    Thank you

2. MikeTeavee

MikeTeavee

The people I'm working with chose GitHub to manage our code, art and music. GitHub is the most popular platform for code collaboration. It can be a little difficult to learn, but totally worth it. There are other ones such as Bitbucket.... but if source control is not something you want to bother with for now, Google drive or DropBox should be good enough.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  3. aidanseeberg

aidanseeberg

Okay, I have been looking into GitHub and so far it looks pretty convincing. Thank you for the help and if this doesn't work out, then I will definitely give one of your other suggestions a try.

4. jhocking

jhocking

Kiwasi likes this.