Search Unity

Making a CutScene in the 2D Game kit

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by mhartman_unity, May 6, 2019.

1. mhartman_unity

mhartman_unity

When you play the game built into the 2d Gamekit with Ellen there are 5 zones (levels). In the 2nd zone a cut scene is activated when Ellen collects a key. The camera moves to show the Hubdoor.

I can not figure out how to add this to my game. I suspect I need to create a timeline, add a virtual cam and add the playable director component. I'm just not sure how to connect them all or what else is missing.

Any help would be appreciated. I am teaching a group of middle school students and they are loving Unity. But, I'm too new to be of much service!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

When you create a timeline, the first thing to do is to create a Cinemachine track by dragging the game camera (the one with the CM Brain - not the vcam) onto the timeline and selecting "Create Cinemachine Track" from the popup. Now you have a CM track bound to the brain. You can then populate it by dragging vcams onto it to create Cinemachine shots.

In the same timeline, you can also create animationtracks and activation tracks if you like, and those will all by synched to the CM track by virtue of being on the same timeline.