Search Unity

Making a breaking wave?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MikeUpchat, Oct 4, 2014.

1. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Can anyone offer any help or advice on how I could try and recreate the effect seen in this video, I am doing a project that needs a breaking wave and the system in the video looks perfect for my needs, or is it just not going to be possible.
    Mike

2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

That looks like an interesting effect, I will have a play and see if I can come up with something, just need to try and figure out what is going on :)

3. radimoto

radimoto

Definitely interested - would love to use this in a surfing game in the future

4. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

This actually coincided with a request from a couple of weeks back to see if we could recreate that very modifier in MegaFiers, after a bit of thinking think we got it figured out.

5. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Brilliant, can't believe it. Any idea when that will be available? Can I buy it now?

6. radimoto

radimoto

That is awesome SpookyCat!! Any idea when it will be available in MegaFiers?

7. StarChick971

StarChick971

8. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

We have had a couple of requests to split the modifiers up into sets as low priced add ons to a core package but at the moment I don't have the time to set that up, well into our own game project and that is taking all the hours I have.

9. StarChick971

StarChick971

I see... even if you don't have time to split the package, is it planned to do so in the next future? Any target date maybe?
    However if you have any piece of advise to create that breaking wave, please tell us :)