Search Unity

MakeHuman character's thumbs are not animating correctly...

Discussion in 'Animation' started by notforthebirds, Oct 18, 2017.

1. notforthebirds

notforthebirds

I animated a MakeHuman character using MotionBuilder and imported it into Unity. Everything seems to come into Unity with no issue. This animation has a focus on the hands interacting with each other. I have animated the fingers to interlock for example. Everything looks great in MotionBuilder. Everything checks out in Unity...no issues with T-Pose or rigging...all looks great. When I play the animation in Unity, the thumbs start in the correct position, but as soon as I play the animation in Unity the thumbs go into a different pose. The animations do occur but they are not in the proper place. I am not sure where to begin to troubleshoot this issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Edit: Just to be clear, I used the same model for the animations. I am NOT attempting to drop animations from one rig onto another.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

How does the animation play with the generic rig setup?

notforthebirds likes this.
  3. notforthebirds

notforthebirds

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I just did a quick test and it seemed to do the trick. I am going to test it on my production project. But it seems to have solved the issue. I don't understand exactly why, I will have to do some research on the difference between humanoid and the generic setting. I assume it is how Unity handles the data, but I like to know why. I will take a look later. Thanks again theANIMATOR2b!!!!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

My make human character is not moving. My character is stand like a statue.