Search Unity

Make your assets open source when you deprecate them!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hippocoder, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Zarkow

Zarkow

Don't take heroin before writing posts. It makes things confusing.

2. LuiBroDood

LuiBroDood

Computer Science, Version Control is important, they are removing version from their customers, this is unprofessional

furthermore, any intelligent person regards time with more respect than money.
    deprecating works is throwing away work, work that took time and saves people time.
    so they are throwing away time, throwing away time is unprofessional

AND

PEOPLE ARE STILL MAKING NES GAMES AND ATARI GAMES

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  3. era_adventurer

era_adventurer

Opsive just scam its userbase deprecating its UCC v2 asset and demanding users repurchase v3 for the same price. this was just a few months after a sale where i purchased it.
    Unity needs to take action against these scam artists on the asset store.

When we ask him for a discount, he replies he's making enough money from upgrades not to care.

kopanz likes this.
  4. Why do you think it's a scam not getting access to a newly rewritten version of a software? You paid for the 2.x version and you still have it, build something with it. And when you need something from the 3.x version, you can purchase it then.

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

I felt scammed as well. Bought their asset in a sale and few weeks later they released a new major version, ie i'd have had to pay for the update. That was from version 1 to 2. Same pattern. Never touched their software again, never will. That was actually the point where I stopped purchasing tons of assets during sales and thought it'd pay more off to buy at full price when I actually use the asset.

AiKodex likes this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

7. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

so much good stuff has been lost in the last few years

StevenPicard likes this.
  8. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

I think DLLs should be banned on Asset store, if u offer something on asset store it has to include source code.

9. hopeful

hopeful

DevDunk likes this.