Search Unity

Make Objects Intangible with Rigidbody and NavMesh

Discussion in 'Physics' started by MW_Industries, Jul 10, 2020.

1. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

Hey, I'm working on an MMORPG called Virtual Monsters RPG. Right now, I am working on my NPC's and I was wondering, is there a way to make NPC's able to walk through each other like ghosts? I want them to be intangible, or not solid, so that they won't pose as an obstacle for players. Since it's going to be an MMO, I need this but, there's a chance that I will be able to manage without it.

Currently, I'm using NavMesh's pathfinding system to make NPC's walk over the map. And if you don't know, Unity's NavMesh need's a Rigidbody in-order to work properly. I like the Rigidbody and I like NavMesh, as a lot of my code is based around this however, I still want players the ability to walk through some NPC's, especially those that are just meant to give players information about the game and the world around them. I plan on building cities with some complex traffic systems so, I would like it if I can make objects intangible, even when using Rigidbody.

I've tried many things, including altering the Physics Layer Collision Matrix, which doesn't solve anything. I really like NavMesh but, I would hate to start my game all over again because of something so small.

I noticed that the Rigidbody2D has something for it but, not Rigidbody for 3D objects.

2. MW_Industries

MW_Industries

lekkii likes this.