Search Unity

Make my Christmas, buy me a copy of Unity Pro.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by San_Holo, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. San_Holo

San_Holo

Ello...

gotta ask ain't I eh... if your loaded and want to make this amateur but possibly talented game designer fulfill his game-development dreams then why not gift me with the Pro version of Unity... it'll make you feel good and haha.. no I know, I'm chancing my arm, but I've been wanting to make games for years really and never got it together until I discovered Unity.

I'm hoping to put my all into my first game, a kinda space shooter game, but I'm really enjoying the development, I'm putting my all into it, hours just melt away in the glow of your computer screen, but I can't believe how fantastic Unity is, it's like a dream come true... so anyway regardless I'm being cheeky asking, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it... I'm a lone dude, poor but dedicated, hoping to carve out some creative goodness for someone to enjoy somewhere in the future... anyway if you have heaps of cash lying about then think of me... :) cheers oh and Happy Christmas!

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

So where's the work that you've done so far in Unity? (i.e. the free version)

3. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

lol.

ill settle for a few IAP.

/vote4jl.

4. San_Holo

San_Holo

The free version would suit me and is perfectly fine really... it's just someone asked about my game (see link below) if it could he ported to an xbox, now I think thats a Pro feature but either way this is my very first project, my first of many I hope and I'm just opening up the box and sorting my toys out... but yea exciting, thanks

ChrisSch likes this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

You cannot simply buy Pro and immediately develop for the Xbox. You need to acquire a license from Microsoft.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Developers/id

6. SteveJ

SteveJ

That actually looks really cool - quite nicely done.

But, no - no one is going to buy you a copy of Unity Pro :)

7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Yeah, this. If you were showing stellar progress, could demonstrate that the free limitations were holding you back, couldn't reasonably get a Pro license yourself and were lucky enough to have a philanthropist stumble across the thread you might get lucky. But with only one in-progress project (even if it's a cool one) and no (demonstrated) attempts to earn your own I think everyone will probably agree you've still got plenty of room to grow with a free license.

My suggestion is that you make sure you a) finish and b) release your games. Put the income from them aside and put it towards a Pro license and other tools of the trade.

If you're going to ask for help from philanthropic types, at this stage I'd suggest asking for access to stuff that'll help you achieve the above. For instance, if your plan is to release on iOS then you need hardware to test on, possibly access to a Mac to do builds (though there's Cloud Build in beta now), and appropriate Apple subscriptions. For Android, you still at least need testing hardware. For a youngster (?) starting out in this field I can understand those things being a hurdle to getting started. Also, they're things where people might be able to help with little or no out of pocket expense - someone could send you a device they no longer use, for instance.

Ryiah likes this.
  8. Nubz

Nubz

I don't know which makes me laugh more.
    The fact that someone posted this or that they are actually serious.

sootie8 likes this.
  9. Ness

Ness

Thats not a bad game, I like the audio - "Power Up"! :]
    Are seriously asking someone to buy you a license? :]

10. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

That does look really good, to put it on Xbox you need to become an approved developer, then you actually get a free pro license to develop for Xbox One. http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/Developers/id

I am a firm believer in "don't ask, don't get" but there's a time and place.

Baroni and elmar1028 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.