Search Unity

Make many games in a year or just one game with high quality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thanhle, Sep 27, 2020.

1. thanhle

thanhle

Let me take an example: your goal is revenue

You will make many games in a year ... maybe 3-5 games , 2-3 months you published a game
    Or
    1 year you will only make one game with high quality

Which way do you think will generate more revenue ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My point:
    I am currently building a detailed source game.
    this work it will take a few years , but once it's done I can use that source to quickly create quality game instead of making lots of trash game in a year.

This is a revenue issue. Which way is not important just focus to make lot of revenue .

My method may be success or may not.. but I have been using this way,
    what do you think ?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Whichever way you're capable of finishing and marketing properly.

3. ippdev

ippdev

Hypothetically speaking based on conjecture I can parenthetically state that given the truncated parameterization of the data set you misguidedly present in an effort to elicit an architectural construct that the undoubtedly correct answer is indubitably a maybe.

4. neginfinity

neginfinity

Neither of them.

In both cases you can screw up and end in red.

Smaller game allows you to recover faster and "try again", but would likely result in less profit, as the quality of the title will be lower. You'll have less content and polish, due to shorter development period.

Larger game would means large loss on failure and possibly larger revenue in success.

thanhle and Ryiah like this.