Search Unity

Make it a better place for professionals

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by chunky_octopus, Nov 9, 2016.

1. chunky_octopus

chunky_octopus

Hi guys,
    just a quick comment to highlight something that could be useful to me and others.

More structured posts could help finding things, like: task for artist, programmers, etc.
    Now it relays on keyword but this mean your search will vary depending the content of the messages.
    Moreover, no way to distinguish a paid job from a royalty / free job.

Just get the common options for categorising and searching from any job search engine.

Cheers

Malicjusz likes this.
  2. LaneFox

LaneFox

I would actually prefer if there was a separation of paid work. Paid - as in they intend to send you money for your services after you agree on rates/schedule - should be completely separate from free, collaborative and royalty based work.

This is a nice space for potentially finding real work, but free/collab/royalty work could easily clutter it into something we can't take seriously.

Malicjusz likes this.
  3. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey guys!

We'll be making updates to the Task post form (and therefor search) very soon. Keep this kind of feedback coming because its 100% crucial that we build what you need to Connect.
    • User needs the ability to distinguish (at a high level) if the work is paid or free, so that they can more precisely understand the task offer earlier in the process.
    • User needs the ability to distinguish (at a high level) the intended role of the task, so that they can more precisely understand if the task if right for them earlier in the process.
    If I'm missing stuff just ping me!

Malicjusz, chunky_octopus and LaneFox like this.
  4. chunky_octopus

chunky_octopus

Nope, you got it!
    I would add a couple of things:
    - User needs to understand at glance the reliability of the task creator.
    i.e: who are the guy that is giving the task? How do I know is going to pay me? Is he/she a representative of a real company?
    - User need to understand feasibility of the project at glance through time and budget tags (parameters?).
    i.e. if your task say: Game prototype, 1 day schedule, £100; well good luck on finding a pro :)
    Moreover we could refine a search based on budget and/or time constraints.