Search Unity

Make Cinemachine Vcams Obey Parenting?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by MsgCntrl, Apr 10, 2019.

1. MsgCntrl

MsgCntrl

Hello how can you make cineamchine virtualcameras move like unity game objects?

Parented virtual cameras jitters like crazy when parent moves, when i pause current vcam is in 2 places at same time, it looks awful.

Everything is set as off as I can set - no follow/look targets etc

When I turn the brain off vcam objects move just fine but of course nothing else works.

version = 2.2.8

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're trying to do. Can you post an image of your hierarchy, showing there the vcams are, and the CM brain.

One thing to keep in mind: if the vcams have no procedural behaviour (i.e. DoNothing in Aim and Body, or no targets) then they behave as ordinary transforms, and can be positioned and parented as you like.

That said, the Camera with the CM Brain is an exception to this. It will reposition itself according to the transform of the current active vcam, so it is very important that no vcams be children or parents of this object, otherwise you will have a feedback loop. Keep the Camera with the CM brain in a separate game object, all by itself.

Reckoner655 likes this.