Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Make budget a required field and add options

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Naphier, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Naphier

Naphier

I've applied to a few tasks and positions here. Only to waste my time (and the recruiter's time) because they've not put up a budget and they want to pay like $10/hr. Please make budget fields mandatory and allow selection of hourly, per task, yearly, etc. The poster could also be allowed to say they're looking for quotes, but this is often a good indication that they have no budget and aren't willing to pay a fair wage.

Thanks!

Malicjusz likes this.
  2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Naphier,

Sorry for that - We are definitely adding budget to the task post for an upcoming release.

Malicjusz likes this.
  3. Naphier

Naphier

Budget's there it's just not mandatory. Thanks for the hard work, Mark.

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I look for quotes, but thats because (1) I have no idea what's a going rate and (2) people from different countries have vastly different pay requirements.

I've found that often people from less wealthy countries try to get a higher rate but then quickly lower it by over 50%, while people from wealthier countries will accept a lower rate, but complain if they can't complete the task very quickly, as in they misjudged how long it would take.