Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question MAKE A GAME LIKE THE WEREWOLVES OF MILLERS HOLLOW GAME

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by gindey, Jan 4, 2024.

1. gindey

gindey

Hi everyone,
    I'm planning to make a game based on "The Werewolves of Millers Hollow" (or Mafia game) using UGS (Authentication, Economy, Multiplayer Services, etc.). And I have a few question:

1. Concerning assigning roles to players: I've created a function to randomly assign roles to players, and it's working well. However, how can I let other players know what their roles are?

2. Does my game really need to continuously transmit data to players? I think the only necessity is to send player status data (alive, deceased, protected, etc.) to other players, allowing the system to determine subsequent actions. For example, if a player with the role of a werewolf chooses to bite another player, the bitten player's status data will be sent to others. The next day, the system will check that player's status and execute suitable animations on all players' screens (all movement activities are pre-set for characters, and players cannot control character movement). This also applies to time counting and deciding which player is allowed to take the next action. Essentially, the system's activities will be carried out separately instead of constantly transmitting data to other players.
    Can I do this like that, and has anyone created a game like this before? If so, could you provide me with some advice? Thank you very much