Search Unity

Major issues with using Unity, Oculus, and SteamVR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ericrius1, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ericrius1

ericrius1

Hi everyone- I'm attempting to develop cross-platform VR experiences with Unity and SteamVR, using my Rift as my development device (I do not own a Vive). I am finding the experience painful and basically unusable, as about 1 out of every 3 times I run the game in play mode, and then try to go back to editor mode, Unity freezes and I need to restart both Unity and SteamVR to get things working again. I'm not able to find a consistent pattern in when Unity freezes after exiting game mode and when it does not. If I only restart unity and leave SteamVR running, I see the following error in the unity console upon restart:

"XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_IPC_ConnectFailedAfterMultipleAttempts: "Shared IPC Connect Failed After Multiple Attempts (308)"!

I've experienced this consistently since first trying to work with the SteamVR SDK, both on unity 2017 and 2018, after multiple reinstalls of steam and steamVR, as well as Unity. (And also reinstalling and updating gforce drivers)

I've googled around lot and asked in discord chat, and have yet to find a solution that works. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Ben-W

Ben-W

I am also having the same issue, did you ever get it resolved?