Search Unity

Major Bug in Cinemachine 2.2.7

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Egyptman09, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Egyptman09

Egyptman09

Edit: I ment 2.0.16 not 2.2.7

There is a bug in the new Cinemachine update that causes the camera to follow the target perfectly ignoring the deadzone if the update method on the cinemachine brain is set to fixed update

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vtYV1Ys1sMJbe3hGJlLGu_0KQzTelJpF/view?usp=sharing

Here is a small project that shows this. If you press play and move the target object the deadzone will work fine. if you unplay and now set the cinemachine brain on the camera to fixed update on its update method it will now break. If you move the target it now follows it perfectly ignoring the deadzone set in the cinemachine virtual camera.

I really need to fix this since i use this on character that move use rigidbodys so not using fixed update creates some very janky movements. Any temporary fix till its fixed?

Edit: the project above is using the latest untiy 2018.2.3

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting.
    In fact the FixedUpdate bug has already been fixed.
    You can grab a preview version of CM 2.2.8 from the staging repository.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Cloud-Ninja likes this.
  3. nathanjams

nathanjams

Just grabbed the Cinemachine 2.2.8.6 preview build and can report that this fixed my issue with image jitter on my FP controller.

Nathan

Adam_Myhill and Gregoryl like this.
  4. nathanjams

nathanjams

@Gregoryl

Any idea of when the new update will be released? Or, any chance of grabbing the associated scripts for the FixedUpdate bug mentioned above?

I'm getting serious build errors with the Validation Manager (in the Package Manager) installed from the the Staging Directory installed on my system and would prefer to go back to the standard Package Manager. I would but I need the fixes from the latest Cinemachine builds.

Thank you,
    Nathan

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It's coming soon. If you're really stuck, you can copy your version of CM out of your local package cache and just paste it directly into your Packages directory. Then you can go back to standard Package manager.

nathanjams likes this.