Search Unity

Maintenance of large number of asset bundles in git - single Unity project or many?

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by sca_stodt, Mar 19, 2019.

1. sca_stodt

sca_stodt

Hi,

I work with an AR app for which new content is constantly being added in the form of asset bundles. Moreover, as the app grows, we often need to do corrections / retroactive updates to past contents. All this content is now being migrated to git, and I'm trying to figure out what is the best maintenance strategy.

Currently each content pertaining an asset bundle is in it's own separate Unity project. This has the advantage that the projects are small and clean, but it leads to a lot of duplicated assets and scripts, and makes retroactive updates a pain. On the other extrem, we could have everything in a single project together with the app itself - that would solve the duplication problem, but I fear that a gigantic and ever-growing project would present problems of its own, plus keeping track and creating dozens of asset bundles in one unity project could be problematic. So based on your experience, what do you think is best for this situation (keeping in mind also that these projects will be stored in git)?

Thanks in advance!