Search Unity

Main Unite event?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NTDC-DEV, Jun 5, 2018.

1. NTDC-DEV

NTDC-DEV

Hello,

I've gone to multiple Unite events over the years (Montreal-2010, Vancouver-2013, Boston-2015) and I am looking for the main event for 2018. However, I am confused as its really hard to know which "Unite" is the "main" one from the web site. Is it Berlin this month? Is it Los Angeles in October?

Has the formula changed where there are no longer satellite Unites and its multiple main conferences per year? Traditionally it was in Fall (August-October) so I assume it's Los Angeles but... it seems Berlin is bigger.

Conferences were announced in February but again, I couldn't find out which one was the main. Normally we have to plan, budget and book months in advance (fiscal year starts in April)... I am surprised they went for June for the main one, its a bit short noticed.

2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

There is no main Unite anymore as far as I can tell but historically the EU one has been pretty big since that was the original one. But all of them are growing each year on their own. So if you want to visit one just choose the one which works best for you maybe?

Also the EU Unites have also been during late spring the last years, so not much of a surprise there.

NTDC-DEV likes this.
  3. elbows

elbows

The lack of one event being the 'main one' is also a pretty good fit with the way the Unity release schedule has evolved over recent years - since there is no longer a release that packs several years of new features into one major version upgrade anymore, the keynotes announcements have gone the same way.

NTDC-DEV likes this.
  4. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

It tends to be that the Europe and North America events are the two biggest ones each year, but yeah, I think we've moved away from there being "one big one and a bunch of little ones" to something more balanced in general.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    NTDC-DEV and hippocoder like this.
  5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Its the Melbourne one. Shh, don't tell anybody else. ;)