Search Unity

Main Theme / Gameplay Theme

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by Jandhi, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jandhi

Jandhi

Hey everyone! I'm Jan.

I'd love to work on the music for the game. I could work on both the theme and ambient tracks if they are not already assigned. I'm an amateur composer with a passion for game design. If anyone else wants to collaborate on this, let me know! I'd love to get a live string player involved.

Cheers,

Jan

2. gokcetaha2002

gokcetaha2002

I created a thread on sound design as well. I would be honored to help you. By the way have you ever played Alto's Adventure, that game is so satisfying to play because its sound design creates a music, collecting coins creates a sound in phase that sounds like there is a music going on, same thing for the combos as well. Everytime you manage to complete a task another sound comes in and they are being synchronized. Imo that's a good idea. I have so many resources for both sound design and music creation, I have five years of sound design experience. But you know what, I'm an EEE who is obsessed with coding. But I want to focus on my hobbies so music means a lot to me. If you guys interested please give me some instructions so that I can start working on:
    https://soundcloud.com/arcana_empyrean
    gokcetaha2002@gmail.com

itsLevi0sa, luisquid and Jandhi like this.
  3. Jandhi

Jandhi

Pleasure to meet you!

I haven't played Alto's Adventure, but I just looked at some videos as love the concept! I really like the idea of having different instruments to represent characters too- like a string for bard hare and the harmonica for the lizard, if they make it into the final game. If you've heard of Supergiant Studio's game Transistor, there's also some cool ideas there for having different musical tracks fade in and out depending on the gameplay.

I enjoyed listening to some of your music- I also have a soundcloud, though I haven't posted too much: https://soundcloud.com/jandhi

I don't have much experience making music for games, or even working with games generally, but I'm currently studying computer science and music, and am definitely more than willing to learn.

4. Jirushi

Jirushi

I just came on the forum to ask if we could vote for using something like Wwise or Fmod. Audio iintegration using audio middlewares is kind of my specialty and seeing "No music or very relaxing one." In the card for the beach section gave me desperate for something like having the waves create the chords and have the player interactions make the melody come alive. I will make a thread for audio middlewares right away.

Edit:
    This is the new thread on the subject: https://forum.unity.com/threads/audio-middlewares.980274/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  5. luisquid

luisquid

Hey, folks. This thread looks like it's focused on the gameplay theme and the overall main theme. It would be nice if you could move this conversation to its correspondent thread. Please, and thank you! :D

6. Jirushi

Jirushi

Alright, I just linked the new thread

cirocontinisio and luisquid like this.
  7. peterfiftyfour

peterfiftyfour

I am so hyped for this project!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wondering how we are going to keep the music style consistent but I'm super keen to contribute some music :D

8. michaelgrilo

michaelgrilo

@gokcetaha2002, I really liked the plucked melody in your Heart track. Your Our Melody track also shows how in a more energetic part of the game, percussion can start to build up as a character gets closer to the action. Then the theme can crescendo from there with swells and crashes as combat starts.

@Jandhi, it seems like you like to play around with plucked melodies as well. Sounds like you can also lend a hand on percussive buildup for the tense moments and flute accents in the quiet moments, as demonstrated on your Wildheart track. I also like the Romani influence throughout a lot of your tracks, Jandhi.

itsLevi0sa likes this.
  9. luckyankraj

luckyankraj

Hi guys ,
    I am a composer/sound designer based in India (Mumbai).
    Would love to contribute to this open project.
    Bard Hare's instrument design looks like a Ravanhatta (an ancient Indian/Sri Lankan bowed instrument , often termed as the ancestor to violin , currently common in Rajasthani folk music). Would be fun to score his themes around that instrument with a folk-ish vibe according to the cue's of the main/gameplay themes.

itsLevi0sa and luisquid like this.