Search Unity

Main Camera NOT rendering in stereo in Oculus Unity integration v1.43

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by RiccardoAxed, Nov 30, 2019.

1. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Hello,
    I've updated the Oculus Integration via Asset Store to the v1.43, on Unity 2019.2.14, and now it seems the Unity cameras are no longer able to render stereo, that is both left and right eye always see the same render, resulting in a monoscopic view.

I did a lot of tests both on a previous working project and a new basic project from scratch, both using the standard Unity main cameras and the OVRCameraRig prefab, both on custom scenes and Oculus sample scenes, trying every possibile combination of stereo rendering mode and camera/OVRcameraRig settings, without success, always having a monoscopic rendering.

Any suggestion about it?

drugges likes this.
  2. drugges

drugges

I have the same issue. I have tried to downgrade to Oculus 1.39 but I still have the same issue. I only get this problem using Oculus GO. When I use Oculus Quest it works. I will let you know if I find a solution.

RiccardoAxed likes this.
  3. drugges

drugges

I will try and install an older version of Unity now. Hopefully that will "solve it".

4. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

Yes, in my case just installing the v. 2019.2.13 solved the problem, and in fact I started having this issue from the 14.

In my thousand attempts I also tried to install the 2019.3.0 pre-release, where however the XR management is completely different (no more Oculus integration package) and still having some different problems. That solved the monoscopic issue but on the other hand it has a big problem about the apk's v2 "forced" signature, so that the package is rejected when I attempt to upload it on the Oculus environment. So, I thrown in the towel and came back to the 2019.2.13.

This VR management is getting a real mess, hope they'll fix it soon and clearly.

5. drugges

drugges

Thanks for the info. It is nice to find people with the same problems.
    I was about to install 2019.2.7, but I'll give 2019.2.13 a go instead. Now I just need to downgrade my project so it opens in the old editor :)
    I started testing with 2019.3 as well. There are many nice features in there. But I gave up quite soon. I'll wait until the official release is out instead.

RiccardoAxed likes this.
  6. drugges

drugges

Hi again, I just wanted to check with you if 2019.2.15 solved the issue for you? I did NOT solve the issue for me :(

7. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

I didn't try the 2019.2.15 because I figured that wouldn't solve the issue, so right now I'm stuck with v. 2019.2.13 plus Oculus integration 1.43.0, and that configuration seems to work well, without the monoscopic problem.

I guess I'll wait until the new 2019.3 XR system it's released and stable.

drugges likes this.
  8. drugges

drugges

Sounds like my approach. I'm using 2019.2.13 as well, but only Oculus 1.42.

9. Rafarel

Rafarel

Ho man I've just spent a full day trying to get Unity 2019.3.0f1 working with the new XR Management and an Oculus Go. Black screen after black screen the app is simply not launching on the device so I've decided to Go back to the 2018.4 LTS and learn VR in Unity with the old way of doing things. It just work.

wakethetownvfx likes this.
  10. Scrapemist

Scrapemist

The old way meaning without Oculus utilities? I'm on 2018.4 at I still can't get stereo to work :/

11. Rafarel

Rafarel

Sorry @Scrapemist, my issue was about to simply make things work even on non stereo camera. I had a problem with the 2019.3 where I just can't run any app on my Oculus Go. Someone tells me that this is fixed so maybe you should give it a try with the 2019.3

12. satchell

satchell

I was able to get the oculus Go working in 2019.3 the only issues I had was adding URP caused the cameras to only pass in the left eye from the OVRRig.

13. drugges

drugges

I just got Stereo working with Unity 2019.3.5! Looks like something is fixed. I am not using the Unity XR Plugin yet. I still use the old Oculus package you download from the Asset Store.
    It would be interesting to hear if anyone has gotten Unity XR Plugin working working with URP.

14. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

I'm currently working on an Oculus Rift S project, and I confirm that everything works in Unity 2019.3.3 with the new XR Management system, both with URP and HDRP.
    I still haven't tried with Oculus Go but I'm confident that they solved it too.

drugges likes this.
  15. drugges

drugges

That is so nice to hear. Finally

16. drugges

drugges

Do you still use the Oculus Integration package from the Asset Store? Or is it not needed anymore?

17. RiccardoAxed

RiccardoAxed

No, it seems the integration package from the Asset Store is no more needed. The respective packages in Package Manager (that is "Oculus Android" and "Oculus Desktop") are still available but they're deprecated and will be removed.

To use the new system you've to install the XR Management package first - also from the Package Manager - then you'll install the new "Oculus XR Plugin" package (or any other XR Plugin package you need) from the new "Project Settings/XR Plugin Management" tab, in a way similar to the old Player Settings/XR settings.

Anyway, there are a lot of docs and youtube videos about the new XR system, you'll have no problem to manage it.

drugges likes this.
  18. drugges

drugges

Thanks a lot. I found some good videos and it seems pretty easy. Happy coding!

RiccardoAxed likes this.