Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Mails from QA team never arrive in my GMail inbox / Unity Internal Mail System issues?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fherbst, Jun 19, 2019.

1. fherbst

fherbst

I have a weird issue for about a month now -
    I cannot receive mails from Unity support / QA team anymore.

This means that I don't receive mails if QA team replies to my bug reports. I do see the responses in the fogbugz interface, but it seems that also my additional information emails don't get through to there.

Does someone else has this issue as well? I'm using regular GMail for this, nothing ends up in spam, and I haven't had that issue until ~1 month ago. I thought nobody answered to my bug reports but now, but it seems the mails were sent (seen in fogbugz) but didn't get to my inbox.

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Interesting. I just checked a few recent FogBugz issues. Of the four issues I submitted in June, all four have replies from QA, but only one of those replies generated an email to me. Nothing in Spam, All Mail, or anything. So, it certainly seems like there is some issue with their system sending out replies.

My issues:
    • 1162898 - No Email
    • 1162561 - No Email
    • 1161998 - Received an Email on this one
    • 1161994 - No Email

There's also a recent reply on 1143875 that I didn't get an email for.

I wonder what the best way to get this to Unity's attention is?

fherbst likes this.
  3. fherbst

fherbst

I tried to writing just now to Domas Lukoševičius on QA team who replied to my bug report 1163722 (only saw that in Fogbugz just now, no email again) so hopefully he'll see that and reply.

4. fherbst

fherbst

@phil_lira @LeonhardP sorry for pinging you but I think this needs to be escalated to some place internally.

5. dgoyette

dgoyette

Not sure if this is related, but it also seems that my email replies today to various bugs aren't showing up in Fogbugz under the issues. I've replied to the following bugs today, including "Case XYZ" in the subject line, and none of the issues is showing my replies:

fherbst likes this.
  6. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I noticed the same. A few days ago I was receiving mails from fogbugz and personal answers from the QA team but suddenly I stopped receiving mails. However, fogbugz actually shows replies.

7. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

@fherbst I just replied to one of your issues. Check your email and spams and if you don't get it @LeonhardP can probably help.

8. fherbst

fherbst

@phil_lira thanks, I'll look at it now.

Same as the other guys here I don't receive fogbugz replies and also my emails with additional information don't show up in fogbugz. Would be great if you can escalate that and have someone figure out what's wrong, would like to get proper communication again.

9. Rallix

Rallix

@phil_lira I'm having the same problem as everyone here recently.
    When I send a bug report, it appears blank in FogBugz (title only), I see only the reply from the QA Team – and I don't get a notification e-mail.
    What's more, I'm not even sure whether the text + files are even included in the original report. Today, I was asked to send example files which I definitely included in the initial report (case 1163097). Then, for another new report (1164292), I sent a clarification with a probable cause of the bug soon afterwards (with the case number in the subject, as usual), but the QA member who replied either didn't consider it important or didn't receive it. I still see only the QA reply in FogBugz, none of my messages.

Are the files and additional info included in the report and just we don't see it, or is it missing from the report on your side, too?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  10. Lukas_Andriejunas

Lukas_Andriejunas

Unity Technologies