Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

magnetometer reading from arduino

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by j_campbell, Feb 11, 2015.

1. j_campbell

j_campbell

Hi - I know my topic isn't linked entirely with VR however some of the previous arduino posts (slightly dated now) seemed to be by DIY enthusiasts trying to create their own headsets using accelerometers and/or magnetometers so it seemed like the best place for my query.

I am trying to measure a users 'hand steadiness' in order to control a video game character. I had intended on using a Leap Motion controller but shake measurement is not an option as the Leap SDK eliminates any slight shake this from the captured hand gestures. Instead I am using a MinIMU-9 Gyro/Accelerometer/Compass linked with Arduino. I can measure pitch/roll etc in Arduino...and I have passed previous arduino measurements into Unity via the serial command but I am looking for a sample Unity file that takes an average of these arduino signals and passes them into Unity to do something very basic like rotating a model or toggle the opacity of an object. If anyone knows of any tutorial(s) or sample file(s) I'd appreciate any links/knowledge in this area.

Moderators - If this link should be posted elsewhere please let me know.