Search Unity

Magic Leap Command Line usage

Discussion in 'Magic Leap' started by ShawnFiore, Sep 25, 2018.

1. ShawnFiore

ShawnFiore

I'm trying to build a Lumin OS project through the Unity command line interface. I'm trying to find the equivalent usage of the existing Unity commands. for example "-buildWindowsPlayer", so I would imagine it would look something like this below.

-quit -batchmode -projectPath "$WORKSPACE/UnityProject" -buildLuminPlayer "$WORKSPACE/UnityProject\Build\MagicLeap\MagicLeap.mpk" -buildtarget Lumin -logFile "$WORKSPACE/UnityProject\unity3d_editor.log"

renoufa likes this.
  2. StuartRiffleUnity

StuartRiffleUnity

Unity Technologies

This is not supported yet, but I have added a ticket for it

3. ShawnFiore

ShawnFiore

Okay, thank you for the response. I started writing a custom c# class that I'll just call through the command line with executeMethod command. Hopefully, I can accomplish what I need that way.

4. DenverIW

DenverIW

@StuartRiffleUnity any status update on this ticket? We are not seeing the functionality in any recent releases.

5. renoufa

renoufa

Any update on this, im trying to build a ML project as part of a CI/CD pipeline and could do with this option

6. renoufa

renoufa

7. Stephen-Hodgson

Stephen-Hodgson

I'd also like to now if this is now availible now that 2019 has been released with official Lumin support

8. renoufa

renoufa

Still no update?

9. Stephen-Hodgson

Stephen-Hodgson

It works

10. renoufa

renoufa

Any other info on this, what version and how?

11. Stephen-Hodgson

Stephen-Hodgson

2019.1+

Pretty much how it was written above.

12. vMattC

vMattC

Hey @Stephen-Hodgson I'm testing 2019.1.4 and it doesn't look like the command line option -buildLuminPlayer is supported. You have this working?

Looking at the unity.exe via ProcessExplorer (Properties > Strings) I see all the command line options such as -buildWindowsPlayer etc, but nothing for Lumin. Certainly doesn't mean its not supported, but I would expect to see the buildLuminPlayer string there.

In command line test the option -buildLuminPlayer is ignored or at least not acted upon.

"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.1.4f1\Editor\Unity.exe" -projectPath D:\Source\ar-app -logFile D:\Source\ar-app\Logs\ARApp-logs.txt -buildTarget Lumin -buildLuminPlayer D:\Source\ar-app\ARApp.mpk -stackTraceLogType Full -batchmode -quit

Anyway, my solution today is create a script (with a class called BuildPlayerLumin and a method called MyBuild) that performs the build from within the editor. That MyBuild method can be called from the command line using -executeMethod.

"C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.1.4f1\Editor\Unity.exe" -projectPath D:\Source\ar-app -logFile D:\Source\ar-app\Logs\ARApp-logs.txt -executeMethod BuildPlayerLumin.MyBuild -stackTraceLogType Full -batchmode -quit

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    renoufa likes this.
  13. Stephen-Hodgson

Stephen-Hodgson

14. vMattC

vMattC

Ok sorry, i'm a little confused, are you running Unity.exe from the command line and creating a build using batchmode? If so, when using -buildTarget Lumin how are you specifying the mpk file? -buildLuminPlayer option does not work so there is no other mechansim to specify your player/mpk... Unless you are calling a script within the editor to run the build process (like I am in the example above).

15. renoufa

renoufa

Looks like the above script is using the Unity Installer to install unity and the luminOS supported packages, this is not what this thread is about, this thread is about using the unity.exe installed version to build a magic leap mpk.

16. Stephen-Hodgson

Stephen-Hodgson

Sure it is. That powershell script essentially calls on all the same cmd line args that would typically be used.
    I'm currently using this for my CI/CD pipeline with ML to create a mpk package