Search Unity

Magic Leap and Ios building, when is the technical preview merged with the main unity release?

Discussion in 'AR' started by phili_maas, Aug 29, 2018.

1. phili_maas

phili_maas

Hey there,

are there any plans or announcements regarding the next Unity Version that will have the Magic Leap stuff integrated?
    I don't find anything in the road map.

We are working on AR projects for magic leap and ios but xcode won't let me build when using the Magic Leap Unity version because of a mismatch.
    I'm not sure if there is a workaround (renaming files/folders) to make xcode believe it is the regular unity 2018.1.6f1 version and not the technical preview.
    It really is a bad workflow if we have to use two different repositories even though we want to use assets for both platforms ML and IOS.

2. StuartRiffleUnity

StuartRiffleUnity

Unity Technologies

The ML technical preview builds don't support development on other platforms, I'm afraid, just Lumin.

Lumin support is being integrated into mainline Unity, but we have no timeline for that yet.

3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It's possible to share assets between Unity projects, at least on MacOS, by making symbolic links in one project that point to asset files in the other.

4. phili_maas

phili_maas

Ha thanks for that hint! sounds interesting, I will investigate :)

@StuartRiffleUnity
    thanks for clarifying! That's unfortunate, it's really a deal breaker. I had hoped 2018.3 would have lumin integration but I guess we have to think of a different workflow until next year than :)
    You don't think there could be an unofficial work around? because installing the ios package with the technical preview works, it's just xcode complaining at the very end and I would imagine most of unity 2018.1.6 is the same under the hood if the lumin sdk is not selected.