Search Unity

Magic Bullet - introduction and a few screenshots

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by JonasDM, Dec 4, 2006.

1. JonasDM

JonasDM

This is my first post to the unity forum.
    My name is Jonas Mouritsen I am a student at Designskolen Kolding, a design college in Denmark.
    Recently I have been working on a project doing visualization / graphics for a theatre play.

The play, called The Magic Bullet, tells the real story of scientists developing a revolutionary drug against cancer, following the process from vision to reality.

I want to create engaging graphics that can run fluently along with the actions on stage, interacting with the actors on stage when necessary. Visualizing scientific principles as well as creating atmosphere on set and aid in the storytelling. I discovered Unity, and it seamed like the the perfect choice for me.
    My plan is to trigger actions via the MIDI plugin, this way I can easily synchronize the graphics with sound elements and stage light. When the light changes in the the graphic environment, it's reflected in the whole theater ect.

Unity is super cool, and not only for games.
    These are a few of my results so far, more to come later...

Image 01: Self-assembling lipid molecules - the building blocks of the bullets outer shell.

Image 02: The Magic Bullet, encapsulating the drug, has entered the blood stream and is now seeking the cancer cells to release the medicine.

Image 03: A more abstract visualization of bullets hitting their target cell.

Attached Files:

2. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Looks awesome! Your next job is to make a play/animation that actually cures the cancer of everyone who watches it. ;) With those brilliant images, it looks like you are up to it!! :)

3. thylaxene

thylaxene

yes it has a very nice style about it. well done. would you care to share some of the process you did to get you look and feel, please? just so we can all learn from it :wink:

cheers.

4. rickdyck

rickdyck

Wow! Beautiful!