Search Unity

Magic Bullet - demo

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by JonasDM, Dec 29, 2006.

1. JonasDM

JonasDM

As mentioned in this previous thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=3756 I am working on some visualizations for a theater play. Still work in progress but I just wanted to post a demo-version of some of the scenes.

There are three scenes in the demo. These are meant to be displayed in the background during specific scenes in the play, so they include only little interactivity. Scene two has a short story line though. The scene tells the story a drug "The Magic Bullet" flowing though the blood-vein, entering a cancer cell and releasing the drug. These actions are meant to be triggered with MIDI, but right now you can use the keyboard. Instructions are shown on the screen.

Use '1', '2' and '3' to change scene.

Note: I have the rare privilege of developing for just one high-end machine, so the performance might be a bit slow on some computers.

If you have any questions or comments I will be happy to hear from you.

cheers
    Jonas

Attached Files:

2. drJones

drJones

VERY nice!

i love the use of noise (or whatever is giving you that washed out film grain effect) how the particles jitter almost like when you view something though a slide.

i'm actually getting fairly decent performance on an intel imac - its not silky smooth but its not stuttering either.

is the functionality you do have built in so someone can cue events when needed based on what is happening on the stage? or is that for testing purposes?

one crit i would mention - in the protien scene (or whatever that is ; ) the bars that connect the spheres show a gap depending on the camera angle. if that's not the desired effect maybe extend them a bit so they connect fully.

overall an excellent, very convincing 'scientific' look.

3. Mr-Logan

Mr-Logan

looks very nice, and runs smothly on my machine, but one question, is somthing visible supposed to happen on scene 2 when i press q and w? i get a lot of white and a little pink and red in some areas, mostly at the edges.

4. Lallander

Lallander

Not so much on number one, but for scenes two and three I get a very cinematic feeling. Very nicely pulled off.