Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Ravl

Ravl

@hopeful This is the problem I encountered when I tried to add them on the terrain using the terrain tools: http://sendvid.com/z3v0eygj

I was not sure if it is a Unity issue or an Asset one. I can still put them one by one..

2. hopeful

hopeful

I saw that video when you posted it before, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to be seeing as the problem. Can you explain it?

I've not worked with terrain much, but my understanding is that Unity terrain trees are different from trees you'd place on a mesh. The trees you get with the greenhouse are mesh trees, not terrain trees.

If you are doing a small scene, a mobile scene, or an urban scene, you are more likely to be using the type of tree provided in the kit. If you are doing a desktop scene with a lot of outdoors exploration area, you are probably wanting to go the route of using Unity terrain and their "tree creator" trees. Speed Trees can be used in both types of situation, I think, though there have been performance issues if you try to use them in great number (and I'm not sure what the present official status of Speed Trees is in this situation).

If you haven't tried them yet, you can get free tree creator trees and free Speed Trees from Unity.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  3. Ravl

Ravl

@hopeful :
    i only add trees where the blue circle is visible. not on those margins. those from back are randmly added
    Also, I cannot see the trees if I am near them :) as you can see in the video when I go back with the camera, they are spawned and is not a clipping problem. The issue itself is quite strange..

Anyway I do not mind to put them one by one, because I have a small scene.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  4. Ravl

Ravl

well, i dont want to be a hater, but i will modify my vote for all the packages according to the support I receive.. :(

5. hopeful

hopeful

To be fair, be sure you have attempted to contact the dev at his support email address, and that your problem is one that relates to his asset and not a Unity problem or user problem.

IFL likes this.
  6. Ravl

Ravl

tried...

7. dominguescathy

dominguescathy

Hello, URGENT the other day I bought "Middle-East Environment", today I take my day to work Dessu but has the installation I have several errors

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Antialiasing.cs(20,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Bloom.cs(9,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/ColorCorrectionCurves.cs(8,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/GlobalFog.cs(9,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Tonemapping.cs(9,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Antialiasing.cs(86,30): error CS0115: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Antialiasing.CheckResources()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Bloom.cs(83,30): error CS0115: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Bloom.CheckResources()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/ColorCorrectionCurves.cs(62,30): error CS0115: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.ColorCorrectionCurves.CheckResources()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/GlobalFog.cs(30,30): error CS0115: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog.CheckResources()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Tonemapping.cs(56,30): error CS0115: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Tonemapping.CheckResources()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

8. magique

magique

@dominguescathy It looks like you may have missing standard assets or multiple copies of different versions of standard assets in your project. You might want to clean your project of any standard asset folders and re-import the Unity standard assets package.

9. magique

magique

MadMad still hasn't been seen in the Unity forums since May 2016. I'm beginning to think something must have happened to him. I pray that's not the case.

10. hopeful

hopeful

He was becoming involved in the Unreal marketplace, I think, so it is possible he's spending his time there. Has anyone reached him via support email?

11. magique

magique

@Ravl said that they tried support e-mail, but didn't get an answer.

12. hopeful

hopeful

BTW, if you need support you can reach Artur G. at his support email. I got a response back from him within 24 hours.

13. magique

magique

Did you ask him why he doesn't come here anymore?

14. hopeful

hopeful

No, I asked him if he was still alive. ;)

He said he'd visit the forum thread, but evidently he's busy with work. However, if anyone has a situation that needs to be addressed, email him. He's there. I spoke to him twice.

15. magique

magique

Happy to hear he is well.

16. Washburn

Washburn

Does Ghost Town come with the demo scene as in the youtube video ?
    Also is Ghost town ok in the Basic unity version ? I read about the lighting etc. Would if the demo scene is included run work out of the box ?
    Thanks these are excellent environments. :)

17. Lutzelodeon

Lutzelodeon

Could you explain to me how I can "convert" or import your Unity assets to the Unreal Engine 4? We switched over to that Engine and we have some problems to import your stuff correctly.

18. magique

magique

The author of these products has not visited the Unity forums in a year and 2 months. Some people have said he can be reached by support e-mail, but I'm not so sure. You might want to give that a try though.

19. hopeful

hopeful

Yes, use his support email. I think he forgets about this thread - "out of sight, out of mind" - as he's busy with other stuff. But I got a reply back from him fairly quickly when I emailed his support address a few months back.

20. Lutzelodeon

Lutzelodeon

Unfortunately I can't get an answer from him. I think I have to do it on my own without support :)
    Thanks for the reply!

21. Marquessa

Marquessa

Was the video of the hospital done in pro or regular unity? Also think you might have another sale anytime soon?
    Thanks.

22. JBR-games

JBR-games

Out of curiousity are you still using unity 4, as unity 5 and up doesnt have a free vs pro difference in visual effects to my knowledge...seems to be something that people always think even though its been quite some time since that was the case.

23. Nelimiras

Nelimiras

Hello,
    I have import the HE - Abandoned Manor Exterior v.1.1 in an empty project.

Can anyone tell me why this is being reported so strangely?

I have no pro version.

Attached Files:

24. magique

magique

Try by clearing lighting data and re-baking.

25. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

That looks really interesting, never saw that happen before. As magique said, Try by clearing lighting data and re-baking.if you are using Unity 5. What version of Unity are you using? If not it kinda looks like a shader or normal map error. Also try reconverting the normal maps to "normals" but most likely it's a lighting bug, not sure! (most likely lightmap)

26. Nelimiras

Nelimiras

Thanks a lot, it works.

hopeful likes this.
  27. derf

derf

Anyone had any luck getting a fireplace look with the elements in the package?

28. Walton

Walton

Can someone please help me i cant get the Lift to work in the Abandond Hospital i trigger the doors to stay open but when i get into the lift it does not go down.. Any Help Please

29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Do any of his assets work in 2018?

30. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

I don't think they work properly in 5.x even, I have looked at the textures in the asset explorer on the store and they don't seem to be PBR even for the ones listed as 5.x or greater

31. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I sent him an email asking if he plans on updating them. I will find out soon if these are abandoned assets or not.

32. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

He is not known for responding to emails or maybe that was manfactura 4k Always mix those two up

33. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

The last time I checked his Abandoned Bunker asset the lighting was horrid; everything was illuminated a bright yellow and I had to rebake the lighting and do other things to fix it. Other than weirdly-scaled assets no, he doesn't update his Unity packages anymore though I think that's because he does more work for the Unreal Engine.

34. Jaimi

Jaimi

This is a normal problem in Unity when changing versions. Lightmaps and lighting formats change, and need to be recalculated.

hopeful likes this.
  35. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Yes. The demo scene provided looks much better when recalculated

36. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Lightmaps can get deprecated even within the same major version of unity

37. magique

magique

To me it still looked horrible when recalculated. I had to change light colors and intensity and some other things to get it looking decent.

38. Jesus

Jesus

@Mad-Man726

Using the scifi mothership bay as a submarine pen in my upcoming game. Might end up using another of the packs too -the bunker - as a base.

submarine_pen_test2.png

ccjay, derf, JBR-games and 1 other person like this.
  39. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hey guys! After break from selling assets I decided to jump back in. First of all - untill all packs are Unity 2018 ready - all of em are for 5 bucks! Lowest possible price... (no idea how it refers to euro prices as Unity converts it). Also I will start a survey with incoming packs list so you will be able to vote which ones are most wanted and should appear asap :D

40. Jaimi

Jaimi

Welcome back, Mad-Man! You have some nice assets - looking forward to your new work.

Mad-Man likes this.
  41. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

And I will be buying all 8 of them! I can't wait to see what new stuff you are coming out with!

42. magique

magique

When will they go on sale? They are all still regular price at the moment.

43. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Nice to see you back Mad-Man. I really hope for new updates and ofc new packs :)

44. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Mad-Man put the same notice on the first post and said as soon as Unity approves the changes.

Mad-Man and magique like this.
  45. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Excatly - thanks for clearing that out here :)

46. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

@Mad-Man you also planning to fix the reported scaling issues while you updating the packs?

47. shredingskin

shredingskin

I already had both mansion assets, but I jumped in and got them all.
    Very nice to see you developing assets again.
    Do you have on your bucketlist some european style of buildings ? I see that there are not many urban packs in the stores.
    Baroque style architecture would be a killer and very rarely seen.

48. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Any idea when your current assets will be 2018 ready!?

49. futurewavecs

futurewavecs

I purchased all of them I didn't have. I look forward to them being 2018 compatible. I couldn't pass up getting the rest of them for that sale price.

Mad-Man likes this.
  50. JBR-games

JBR-games

Out of curiosity what's not compatible with 2018 ,aren't they just 3D models? I think I own the bunker maybe I'll just open it up and look but I'm guessing it's just missing textures like metallic or occlusion.