Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. blackbird

blackbird

looks bad on forward rendering comparing to deffered

2. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Could you be so kind of taking a screenshot of it in forward mode? Thanks

3. blackbird

blackbird

done

Attached Files:

4. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

thansk for the comparison, yeah the light is off. Hmm, maybe with the low res and bad blacks of the HTC Vive that will not show :D

5. Frogger007

Frogger007

What i'am missing in 'Ghost Town' are bathroom walls, bathroom floors and curtains (not only for bathrooms) !

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  6. Frogger007

Frogger007

Ghost town has great parts to build different buildings but no chimneys !

7. Frogger007

Frogger007

Can you please add earth props for the different flowerpots in Abandoned Garden ?

8. magique

magique

First of all, I just want to say I love this asset. It is the cornerstone for a mini horror game I am working on. However, there were some reviews that reported the asset's scale being too large, but @Mad-Man insisted that the scale was designed for a 2m human. I also noticed that the scale was too big when I first worked with the demo scene and my review made note that it was off. I decided to get down to it and see what the scale actually is so we can all see definitively. I got the free zz ruler asset and I put it flush to the ground and right beside the entrance doors to the hospital. As you can see by the image below, the scale is way off. At the 2m point of the doors, the 6'6" human would just come to the bottom of the windows. That's not just a little off, that's way off. So, although I think @Mad-Man might honestly have thought he designed this for 2m human scale, it is clearly not. With my game being first person, it's not that hard to scale up and make it look normal, but other objects that I place in the scene must be scaled up quite a bit to look correct. I can't really benefit from a fix from the author, but maybe a future version could be fixed so others don't run into this issue.

upload_2016-7-1_19-10-23.png

9. calebc01

calebc01

I purchased the ghost town, the abandoned manor, and the manor exterior, but I've been unable to get any of the examples to work properly. I'm guessing that I've failed to set up the project correctly, but I can't find any documentation that might indicate what I'm missing.

For example, when I import the ghost town package, I get the following exceptions:

"Failed reading from: '04/04e36641a6195c8bda4c806e76619949.rpc.sse'. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"
    "Failed loading probe set data for hash: 0x04e36641a6195c8bda4c806e76619949. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"
    "Error adding system: Data not available."

And then when I run the example scene, I get the following error thousands of times:

"Failed setting triangles. Some indices are referencing out of bounds vertices. IndexCount: 144, VertexCount: 59852
    UnityEditor.UnityBuildPostprocessor:OnPostprocessScene()"

And there are weirdly stretched polygons all over the scene.

I'm running Unity 5.3.4 as admin on Windows 10. I've created completely new projects, importing only standard assets (effects used by the package) and the ghost town package itself.

I've been similarly unable to get the manor packages to work either. What am I missing here?

10. magique

magique

Try clearing lightmaps and rebuilding for demo scenes to work.

11. hopeful

hopeful

I'm running 5.3.5 on Windows 8.1, and I see some differences when I run the Ghost Town demo. First, the demo actually runs, and without a ton of errors. Also, the errors that pop up for me clearly say there is an Enlighten problem; the descriptions look like yours above, but they also say "Enlighten."

There's also a warning when I load the demo scene that the lighting needs to be rebaked. (But it runs for me without rebaking.)

I'm not going to endure a lengthy lighting bake just to see if that fixes the errors, but I assume it will. ;)

12. calebc01

calebc01

Thanks, working on the bake now (takes forever!!) I'm a little concerned that the bake process is producing exceptions:

"terrainInstanceHashes.find (instances.instanceID) != terrainInstanceHashes.end ()"

Not sure what that means. It's popped up some 36 times now, but it hasn't interrupted the bake.

13. magique

magique

14. hopeful

hopeful

IMO, the best thing to do is avoid using Enlighten. Turn off baking and go with standard lighting methods while making your game, and then see what's working in terms of GI or whatever when you reach the end of your project.

Or, as Unity has been saying lately, you can make a 2D game. ;)

15. calebc01

calebc01

Haha, fair enough. I've been screwing with this for a good five hours today - so many positive reviews for these assets, I figured I must be missing something, but apparently not. I'm a bit disappointed.

16. magique

magique

I only have the Abandoned Hospital and it works fine for me. The scale is off as I reported earlier, but everything else was good.

17. calebc01

calebc01

The scale is off in the ghost town as well - everything seems about twice as big as it should be. Our game is in VR, which makes it pretty difficult to scale our material up.

18. calebc01

calebc01

I turned off deferred lighting and baking, and it runs without error now, but it is extremely glitchy. Occlusions don't seem to work right.

I'm sure there is a good reason for this, but I'm about ready to switch to something else.

19. magique

magique

Did you re-bake occlusion?

20. hopeful

hopeful

Can't we just go to the meshes, replace "Scale Factor 0.2" with "0.1" and hit apply, and get the correct sized meshes?

21. magique

magique

Probably, but if you are using a demo scene as the starting point for your game then they would all be unusable once you scaled everything.

22. calebc01

calebc01

Nope, that would have been why.

The scene is way too complex for VR anyway. I was getting ~ 45 - 50 fps with a GTX 970. So I removed the terrain, gutted the city, scaled, and am now adding my own terrain back in. Looking pretty good now, although not as refined as the original.

hopeful likes this.
  23. hopeful

hopeful

True. When you scale the models down, all the prefabs look exploded. But you can get the meshes at proper scale, and then set about making whatever changes you wanted to regarding materials and how the mesh parts are arranged. It would take time, but not as much time as creating the meshes from scratch.

24. GustiHamzah

GustiHamzah

I experienced problems when importing assets ghost town
    on a new project, how to fix this problem?
    thank's

Attached Files:

25. Intrawebs

Intrawebs

What a bummer! I was so planning a cool project with these assets. Thank goodness I did some research before buying and I hope this all gets fixed for you all.

26. hopeful

hopeful

People who sell their art assets in the store nearly always use post effects like bloom and vignetting with their demos, and this almost invariably creates some kind of problem you need to fix after importing. To me, it's not that big of a deal. You get used to it. I just strip out all the references to the post effects in the project and run the demo without them. It takes just a few seconds to fix it, normally.

My opinion is that if I want to see a demo with post effects - which is rarely the case - then I can pick my own post effects. Unity has their own post effects that come for free with the editor, or you can use post effects you picked up off the store or made yourself.

27. magique

magique

"Mad-Man was last seen:May 12, 2016 "

Anyone know what happened to Artur? He seems to have vanished. Support in this thread has become non-existent.

28. hopeful

hopeful

I think he's always tended to come and go. You might try pinging him with a PM or email if you need support.

29. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Hello,
    I bought your asset and imported into unity.
    I setted the project with rendering path deferred and color space linear as you said in the asset page.But I have problems (see the video at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwPNjYkTfH76U1RYdDhaNXg1bUE/view

I noticed that the weird effect occurs only when the color space is setted to linear and his due to the Noise and Scrathces script because if I deactivate it works well, but I really want to use that effect. What is the probem? Plus, as you can see on the video, a couple of scripts are missing from the main camera. Is that a problem?
    Thanks.

30. magique

magique

I'm not the developer, but those missing scripts are probably camera image effects. Does your project have the Standard Assets imported?

ewr likes this.
  31. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Yes, I also tried to create a new project with all the standard assets in it and re import the asset but I have bot the same problems listed before. Any ideas?

32. magique

magique

Unfortunately, no. I only have the abandoned hospital pack so I can't compare to see what components are missing. Maybe someone else here might know.

33. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Ok, I also wrote to the developer but they didn't answer me yet

34. ZealousAppex

ZealousAppex

Not to beat a dead horse...but has anyone ported this over to Unity 5 and scaled it?
    If so is it possible to get that version?
    If not how hard is it going to be to port it to Unity 5 so it looks and feels (lighting wise) like it does in the images and scaled correctly since I'm using a third person?

Also is the vegetation and forest still in the pack?
    If non of the above does anyone know of a good "Cabin in the woods" Environment horror pack?

Thanks for any help!

35. adiaz004

adiaz004

I just bought the abandoned manor pack and imported it into an empty project and I'm immediate getting a bunch of compiler errors. i can't seem to find a class named PostEffectsBase or no idea how to fix it, I'm using Unity Version 5.4.0f3
    any help would be great! thanks.
    upload_2016-9-9_14-58-47.png

Daftolddad likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

It's just the Unity post effects in Standard Assets that are used by the demo. You can skip importing those if all you need are the models. It's nothing important; Unity post effects come with Unity and can be added by you at any time.

Daftolddad and IFL like this.
  37. adiaz004

adiaz004

Perfect, thanks for the help.

38. Ruonan

Ruonan

Hey, I brought Masion Asset.
    It is good on VR. But I found some issue.
    the reflection on the wood surface is changing rapidly all the time.
    Anyone know How could I fix this?

39. Skyfly

Skyfly

I heard all of his assets will be renamed? 'Abandoned Asset Pack'?

40. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

41. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

For how long will the Halloween sale last?

42. magique

magique

Hopefully for as long as it takes for the author to answer your question. ;)

43. Ravl

Ravl

guys, I found some issues with the Abandoned Garden package. i see in the description these lines:
    All trees and plants are hand-crafted with custom shader that animates branches/leafs. In order to use them with Unity Terrain you will have to use your own shaders or default unity foliage shader.

I have this particular issues with the vegetation from this package. Here is a video: http://sendvid.com/z3v0eygj

Are these 2 related? If yes, why cant it work normally?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  44. Ravl

Ravl

its over now :)
    maybe @Mad-Man will respond now??

45. magique

magique

Don't hold your breath. His last response on this thread was 6 months ago.

TeagansDad likes this.
  46. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

This is the problem with alot of assets, most authors do this part time aside their day job. Many get abandoned sooner than later sadly :/ Or support is slow because of the asset get lower priority than their dayjob

TeagansDad likes this.
  47. magique

magique

I've seen this with several assets unfortunately. The really sad thing is, I really love Mad-Man's work. He is one of the best there is. Everything he's done is absolutely fantastic.

AndersMalmgren likes this.
  48. hopeful

hopeful

@Mad-Man has occasionally left for months and returned to release new stuff. I know customers might want the steady presence and support, but some of the one-man operations in the Unity store need to get away in order to create.

IFL and TeagansDad like this.
  49. Ravl

Ravl

guys, any of you had the problems I described a few post earlier? :D

50. hopeful

hopeful

Can you tell us what the problem is?

To me, the trees sent along with the package are simply bonus items included for the demo scene that you may or may not be able to use. I would probably replace them if I was to use assets from the greenhouse kit.

If you do want to use them, he notes that they are not intended to be used with Unity terrain, and if you try to do that, you'll have to fiddle with them to get good results.

IFL likes this.
unityunity