Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ikazrima

ikazrima

Hi Artur,

Just got your Ghost town pack and the example scenes are bonkers. There are also multiple errors on import.
    I imported this on a new project.

Running on R9 280

Foodstamp likes this.
  2. azrog974

azrog974

I have a small problem with the pack ghost town I'm on unity and once the 5 pack download it says "Error adding system: Data not available" a little help please

Foodstamp likes this.
  3. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

I am having this issue too GTX960

4. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

Here is some errors that are being thrown on the Ghost Town

Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed setting triangles. Some indices are referencing out of bounds vertices. IndexCount: 36, VertexCount: 20912
    2. UnityEditor.UnityBuildPostprocessor:OnPostprocessScene()
    4. Failed reading from: 'cc/ccc898e4a80480d9aa3e8ac18f227777.rpc.sse'.
    6. Error adding system: Data not available.

5. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

@Foodstamp @ikazrima You need to rebuild lighting for the scene as GI has changed in latest unity versions.
    You may also have Images Effects that are outdated. I often prefer to not import standard assets from packages but rather installing the latest standard assets myself.

ikazrima and Foodstamp like this.
  6. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

Perfect, thank you

7. Pathrazor

Pathrazor

I am having baking problems
    9 errors of
    Code (CSharp):
    1. terrainInstanceHashes.find (instances[i].instanceID) != terrainInstanceHashes.end ()
    and

Code (CSharp):
    1. si.atlasOffsetX > systemInfo.atlasOffsetX || si.atlasOffsetY > systemInfo.atlasOffsetY

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  8. GenOli

GenOli

Is it possible to get objects properly scaled so they are 1 unity unit = 1 meter and consistent with each other?

9. PledgeWarriors

PledgeWarriors

Hi all!

I'm new to Unity and buyed abandoned town and abandoned hospital for a project. Nice graph and pretty objects into theses ;)

I have a problem with the abandoned hespital test scene. In fact I had like plenty of problems but I managed to solve them reading this thread, like crappy render with pikes everywhere, scripts in image effects... cleaned all that. Only remain a trouble when compiling the scene... The camera is working well when I run the game into untity game windows, but the player does'nt move at all (well, in fact I can look around, but cant move any direction...) when I'm running the generated exe file. I tryed to clear the player and import a new one without success.

Please be kind, I didnt coded for years and last time I did it was an accounting app in delphi lol

Thanx for your help.

10. PledgeWarriors

PledgeWarriors

Since scaling problems seams recurent, plus the fact that you do not want to scrap work from your past customers I may have a suggestion that would fit everyone... Why not simply refurbishing the packs with 2 folders, one with the current scale, and the other with the correct scaling. That would clean almost half the thread and leave place for noobs like me lol

11. Jesus

Jesus

Got a couple of these throughout december; they're basically all on the front page of the UAS, so well done dude, you must've had a good month on the asset store!

Making an underwater game, so it's good to have some realistic horror-ish environments that I can just use for testing lighting and rendering. Also, a bunch of textures, props and prefabs to use, very good.

So I sunk the ghost town:

underwater_ghost_town_v2.png

Though, I will say, the post effects are a bit overdone in some of them. The contrast enhance, bloom, etc. The bunker's probably the one with the strangest post effects; things set to way too strong and in the wrong order (care with FXAA, vignetting, noise, etc; in the wrong order you're paying a massive rendering cost for things that basically cancel each other out over most of the screen).

12. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hi mates! I'll respond to all posts later on - now just want to kick that sale is closed and regular prices will return within next few days (all is up to Unity Team now ). So last 'hours' left ;)

Also I want to thank all of you for your great support (especially to ones, that are helping others here when Im not around), and just wanted to say you made this sale most succesful one I've ever had! Thank you for supporting indie!

13. montyfi

montyfi

Yea, I think I have all your packages now, thanks!

14. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hey i just picked up the bunker package. The spinning fans dont seem to have the spinning shadows projecting aginst the walls. Was this an effect that doesnt come with the package or am i missing something ?
    I had alot of errors on first download, installed standard assets and then deleted and reinstalled bunker package which seemed to fix all errors.

15. Jesus

Jesus

From the look of it, I think that the bunker is lightmapped using Unity 4 style directional lightmaps (not U5). It's like when you change the light color or intensity it only affects the decals nearby.

You'll probably need to rebake it at some point.

Unless it's a compatibility issue (needs 5.3.x and I'm only using 5.2, and it's given me the 4.x version because I'm not on the required version or something maybe?)

JBR-games likes this.
  16. JBR-games

JBR-games

Same issue here using 5.3.1p1

17. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

It's a matter of static objects vs dynamic objects as the point lights are set to mixed (so for static objects they are baked). The fan wheel is clearly dynamic and the walls are static: so walls are not receiving dynamic objects shadows.
    For the decals, they are set to dynamic too so they are not lightmapped hence they receive shadows from other dynamic objects.

To sum up, if you want the fan to cast shadows on static objects, set the point light that is lighting it to realtime, rebake lighting and it will cast shadows on walls at the cost of performance (unless you carefully select what is a shadow caster and what is not as in dark environment not every object needs to be a shadow caster). As an example I have a big scene with the bunker where I have near 80 point lights and being picky for setting baked/realtime lights and shadow casters the scene is under 600 batches with max 200 shadow casters (nothing combined manually).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    JBR-games likes this.
  18. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

i want to use all your packs in my project, may I ask a question(?), there are some comments that say your scenes scales are quite different with other assets, all I wanna know is: Do all your packs have the same scale? so for example when I set my character scale to fit with the Bunker scene will he fit with the other scenes like the Abandoned Hospital and Manor?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  19. co0led

co0led

when i bake GI on Abandoned Hospital content i get weird dark lines on edges of walls. Do you know what may cause this and how to fix it?

upload_2016-1-30_23-53-6.png

Thank you...

I'm sorry for the long dellay with the drawings of the "hole thing" that i was requesting but i had a lot of work this last 2 months cause of Portuguese Playstations Awards (got in top20 for Best 2015 game) + univ thesis + my other game Lethal Virus wich is already dellayed but i intend to launch this week... just need to fix this lightmap thing... i feel like this unity 5 Bake system is worst then the one in 4.x....

20. Jaimi

Jaimi

looks like baked ambient occlusion - might try turning that off.

21. co0led

co0led

Already tried disabling ambient occlusion but no effect:
    upload_2016-1-31_1-43-25.png

Also tried disabling indirect light and ambient light and tried with one single light on scene but i allways get that... can this be related with UVs? any tips?

22. co0led

co0led

increasing bake resolution proves that there is something else as it got less visible but still visible:
    upload_2016-1-31_2-46-33.png

i'm open to tips! :)

Thank you

23. Rumbleboxer

Rumbleboxer

Hey @Mad-Man, any chance we could get a set of double doors for the HE-abandoned manor pack? I have everything except a grand looking front door :'(

24. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hi mates! Just want to share... Abandoned Prison with you - it's finally out!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/55273

Some shots....

Rumbleboxer - you can find double entrance doors in Manor Exterior package. If you don't have it - contact me via email. We will figure something out ;)

co0led - make sure that your prefabs are perfectly fit. Such a lines will appear even if your transformation will look like this: 90.0014, 0.01 etc. Make sure to "snap" everything to round numbers. That should do!

25. hopeful

hopeful

The pictures look great! Looking forward to the video.

I trust there's enough undamaged stuff in the kit to enable a "before" and "after" type scenario ...

26. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

does prison only have inside scene or outside aswell? prison walls, entrance aso

hopeful likes this.
  27. co0led

co0led

Mad-Man. I'm testing in a simple scene with all objects vertice placed (using v key) and all of them have integer numbers in transformation and I still get those lines.

28. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

Perhaps you can try to disable occlusion on baked GI ?

29. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Holy poop that prison looks AMAZING!!!!

Looks just like somethign out of The Evil Within!

30. GCodergr

GCodergr

I have the Hospital Horror pack and I am using Unity 5.1.

The assets look superb until I try to bake the lighting, where I get a lot of black spots and jaggy/spiky shadows.

So what are the optimal settings in Unity 5 in order to get the same lighting quality as the Hespital Example?

Thanks in advance.

blackbird likes this.
  31. blackbird

blackbird

had the same issue with all the packages i bought i send him many times emails but didn t bother to help at all

32. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi Mad-Man,

can you update the 'Abandoned Hospital' with some exterior wall parts ?

WallA, WallA_half, wallA_half_window_A, wallA_half_window_B, wallA_transition, wallA_transition_Wide,
    wallA_window_A, wallA_window_B, wallB_window_A, wallB_window_B as a additional exterior looking version ?

33. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi Madman,

what do you think about creating assets like 'Spooky Graveyards', 'Abandoned Military Base' or a 'Ore Mine' ?

34. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi,

i have found this problem in the abadoned hospital asset, WallB_transition.fbx:

Looks like a uv-mapping failure on the right side.

A closer look a the problem.

The left side hasn't the failure.

Attached Files:

35. Frogger007

Frogger007

Abandoned Prison has been released 02/09/2016. Two months has gone into the land,
    but there is still no preview video !

36. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

I know right. I did see a youtube video of someone using his assets to make a game and the prison was used and it looked good but I can't find the video anymore or else i'd post it. The video did make the Prison look worth it but honestly i'll probably just wait for a sale before I commit to a purchase.

EDIT: Actually I just did some digging and the game is on steam greenlight called disoriented if you want to look at it. Heres the video

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Pandur1982 likes this.
  37. magique

magique

I purchased the Abandoned Hospital last night and have been incorporating it into my latest game project. I really love this asset for the most part and the quality I'm getting in my renders is very nice. I have some work to do on optimizations to get the kind of performance I need for the Wii U, but I am confident I can get there.

I have noticed that there are some prefabs with missing materials. None of these are in the demo scene so the issue isn't obvious, but when you peruse the various prefabs you can see materials missing. Other than that, I am very happy with the purchase.

38. hopeful

hopeful

I wonder if those are the same missing materials I had reported months ago? @Mad-Man said he'd fixed it, IIRC.

39. magique

magique

Well, the last store version is from Jan. 4th so maybe the fix hasn't been uploaded yet. Or did you report it before that?

I should also add that I agree with the person (possibly @hopeful) who reviewed the asset and mentioned that the scale is too big. I brought in a character model and it looked tiny as I walked around the hospital. I think I bumped it up to 1.3 and it seemed more correct, but maybe 1.4 is closer. Not sure.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  40. hopeful

hopeful

I looked it up. My comment was made on the release of the PBR version of the hospital, which was May 5th, 2015. I think I checked on it when a fix was made shortly thereafter, and they were okay, but maybe something accidentally reverted.

41. magique

magique

Probably. So far I'm just using the demo scene and making mods to it and haven't needed to access the prefabs with bad materials. I'm sure I can fix them myself anyway as needed. Thanks for the info.

42. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Yeah, really busy here! Sorry for that. What is worse we have finished video from around month and it just waits for... no idea for what :) Will upload it today and update asset description (will post it here as well).

BTW Just wanted to say that 70% sale is on the way... submitted, waiting for approval :) Spring is a good time to get some cheap stuff! :D

Also I will update all packages next month with all fixes you were asking for mates. Especially glitches like UV error in Hospital etc.

PS - as always... sorry it takes so long!

rrahim, Frogger007 and radimoto like this.
  43. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

I'm subscribing to this thread

44. Frogger007

Frogger007

"Just wanted to say that 70% sale is on the way... submitted, waiting for approval"

All your assets ?

45. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Yep, all content packs.

Okey, we have really huge compression issues here, so aren't going to make this video public on asset store ;) But here you can see what we're working on.

46. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Haha dammit. Literally just bought it two days ago. I knew I should have waited

47. rrahim

rrahim

Really amazing work!
    I've been waiting for a sale and i got all of your packs today!
    Will be looking forward to new stuff from you ;)

48. hopeful

hopeful

Picked up the prison to complete my collection. :)

49. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Amazing work! <3

50. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Hey Artur.
    We are doing a Multiplayer VR game and are considering some of your packages for out game. Problem is that VR perform best in forward rendering, how will for example the Prison look with Forward redning and Linear rendering?