Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Abandones Garden looks awesome Mad-Man.
    Little question. Will your packs like Abandoned Manor Exterior, Garden and Interior work with UBER?
    You are using lot of custom shaders and I am sticking with UBER right now. I am not a Shader Expert so just asking.
    Deferred with Linear we are using but mostly without Umbra Occlusion.

hopeful likes this.
  2. co0led

co0led

Thank you for the tips! i'm only using a door that i liked from spaceship on hospital for automated door so i ended up using the elevator wall and put this spaceship door inside and change doors weight in order to make it fit the space. Did you think about the floor hole? would be awasome. A broken wall tile would also be cool....

As i said, i'm just waiting for a sale to buy ALL of your assets so, anytime you want... :p
    Do you make assets on request? if yes, can you send me more info about it on private?

Thank you,
    R.

3. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

RonnyDance - good info here! As Garden is only Unity5+ package designed for PBR my custom shaders are "overlays" for Unity StandardShader (metallicSetup). In other words they look and behave same os standard shader (full probe support etc etc), they just have a bit more functionallity (vertex animation for foliage etc.).

co0led - glad you solved your... design... somehow :D Yeah, I'm also a freelancer so feel free to send me any requests/questions via email.

EIDT: new prices are live... whoot? Retro Lamps for free? Mad man is mad or what?? ;) Check my account to see changes and expect new content soon!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/2501/page=1/sortby=popularity

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  4. co0led

co0led

awww.... manor price went back to 95$! i hope it increased for a 70% sale to be launched :p i will definitelly buy it!! ^^ just waiting for my salary....

i will send you an email with requests this weekend. as i'm currently overloaded with work.

5. GrimDjim

GrimDjim

I noticed this too. The price went down for like, one day. Was gonna get it today too as it's payday but no joy, just a few hours late. Artur, you said on Twitter that ALL packages are permanently dropped to $45. Sort it out please, dear fellow. You got people here eagerly waiting to buy *nudge,nudge,wink,wink* :D

6. co0led

co0led

"i dont mind a 70% sale on 95$ price instead of a normal 45$"... :p eheheh...

7. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Ha, Unity Team mistake dudes! 45$ is a NEW PERMANENT price for all old packages. No idea why it is for 95$ again, but it shouldnt as I didn't change a thing! Gimme a while to sort it out - Unity Support contacted, price droppend and resubmitted.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    GrimDjim likes this.
  8. Defcon44

Defcon44

Hey Mad-Man,

Great job with you'r last package " HE - Abandoned Garden v.1 ".

And i have a question about you'r next package, do you plan to make an "Military / Infection / Horror" package ? :)

Thank you !

9. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Garden live! Finally! https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47228

Thanks Defcon44! At the moment we have two packages in development - Hospital/Asylum and School (of course both are forgotten and abandoned :D). As third one I thought about old, military underground with tons of old-school medical stuff and some gore elements. It looks like something we can match :)

Remember guys - if you have any specific references - just post them here!

Defcon44 likes this.
  10. Defcon44

Defcon44

Good news !

I can't wait to see this :)

11. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Just google "abandoned places" and you will find tons of references. I personally like the idea of the underground piece because it can be used in so many types of games. Like an old russian submarine station that is partially underground, Angkor Wat, North Brother Island near NYC, some of the old WWII abandoned bunkers, chernobyl, shipwrecks ... etc...

12. Frogger007

Frogger007

HE - Abandoned Garden v.1

No preview video , no webplayer demo scene ?

13. Hormic

Hormic

i will use some of your assets in the game i'm currently working on.
    Do you have some advices on how additional pieces have to be created (Measurment, Shader, Textures), to fit in with the environment and match up with other interior pieces?

14. Arcanor

Arcanor

What is the difference between the new "Pro" asset pack and all your other packs (which are now labeled as "Basic")?

15. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Frogger - video for Garden Pack still WIP. But will be available soon, next week at maximum. Sorry for dealy!

Hormic - basically Im using Blender scale 1=1m and then use factor in import settings (you can check it for each package by selecting my meshes). In case of shaders - now just use Standard One. Even my shader variations are overlays for Standard Shader.

Arcanor - In generall "Basic" series is the old one, that usually is focused only on segment construction for level design with some additional propses/decals. Not to mention they are just ported to PBS, but not designed for it what impacts quality a lot. In "Pro" series you will find much more objects/adorments/dirts/decals and all other "trush" to "trush" your scenes with detail. As we all know - good propses are most time consuming! Next thing is a fact that "Pro" packs are designed only for Unity5 so there aren't any compromises in case of materials/textures caused by U4 support. Full PBS materials created with substance toolset, much more objects and detail and better example scenes. So in one sentence - more objects and better quality :)

Ough, just found that Manor is on sale (again!) - 24H Deal - 20 bucks and manor is yours :D
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/8429

Hormic likes this.
  16. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

@Mad-Man Abandonned Garden looks sooo great! I'll definitely buy it.
    Just to know as I'm very interested, do you have any rough timeline for the "Abandoned Prison" package release ?

17. Arcanor

Arcanor

I've already got licenses for the Abandoned Manor, Bunker, Abandoned Hospital, and Ghost Town. That's why I was wondering what the differences are between those Basic packs and the new Pro pack.

Now I just have to make a horror game so I can make use of your excellent assets. :)

18. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

UNWRAPCL.EXE ISSUE

Okey dudes, some of you encounter "UnwrapCl.exe" issue... It's a Unity bug that was reported a few times and unfortunately there is no single solution. I recommend to check this thread and digg a while - many different things helped some of these guys:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1071457/unwrapclexe-has-stopped-working.html
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1072659/unity-5-crashing-when-importing-ufps-asset-package.html

It seems that not only my Manor, but also UFPS and a few other complex packages had this issue after Unity updates. I've sent email to UnitySupport about this problem - hope they will respond soon. Meantime as I've said - try above "tricks". If anyone will find solution for him - please, help other people and post it here :)

Sorry for incoviniences mates. As far as I found it's a temporary issue that appears only on specific machines/systems so we will solve it for sure!

EDIT1:
    TRY THIS PATCH (5.2.1P4):
    http://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

TBC

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  19. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Just a question because I love your design and assets.
    Are you planing to add Heightmaps to your "old" releases like Manor Interior and Exterior?
    I did not find those in the assetstore informationen. Because I am using UBER with Tessalation or POM Heightmaps would be pretty important. Of course I also can make heightmaps from myself using your textures. Just asking ;)

And by the way: Will you also still update Basic Releases in the future? With new stuff / effects etc? Or will you continue in developing new assets and keep the basic assets like they are now? I did not test the manor right now but I am pretty sure that I will find lot of suggestions :)

Some ideas for next asset:
    - Abandoned Woods (Scary woods with some wooden houses in there)
    - Abandoned Castle / Ruins
    - Abandoned City (Like London or big victorian city)

I love your assets like the Manor or Garden because I am working on a 18th century victorian game and they can be used for that. So thats why I am suggesting abandoned City (like london) or everything that is not so modern. Abandoned Asylum would fit also perfect I think if you don't make it so modern or technical ;)

Thanks a lot and keep up this good work!

20. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

RonnyDance - Thanks for kind words! Basic series is still supported (I even think about some big additions to manor/hospital packs for buck or two) and will be. Of course I can't promise that every package will get additional content in 100% - but case is opened and basic series isn't "closed".

In case of heightmaps... Not really, as I don't use tesselation at the moment. If more people will ask about it - you will find tesselated content in a future. Meantime use xnormal or substance toolset - will do ;)

Thanks for additional idas and glad that you like assets!

RonnyDance likes this.
  21. HCrowley

HCrowley

i had the unwrapcl.exe error when trying to download the manor set, and the patch solution worked for me

thanks for the headsup on that. and thanks in general for these stellar sets that you produce, this is the second i've bought (although i've also got the hospital and bunker on my wishlist) and they're both of the highest quality

22. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

The colors in the Pro series... are they baked into the textures or not?
    PBR implies that colors are NOT baked into the textures so that they can be used under any lighting condition.

23. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

hermie - yeah, they all black and white :D Like real PBR school says :D Dude, green paint is green, does your PBR school says that it shouldnt be and you will "paint" it with light condition? ;)

harryominous - great! Good to know that patch solved issue!

OfficialHermie likes this.
  24. co0led

co0led

Hey.. i'm a little disapointed with Abandoned Manor MegaPack v2.

There are elements in incorrect size wich makes them not to fit each other unless i mess up with scales. The folder names in Prefab list is also messy compared to Abandoned Hospital for instance. Abandoned Hospital is way more organized and polished. This one is a bit messy to me.

Thanks and sorry for my opinion,
    R.

ps: some of the tiles should be 1,2 in y scale instead of 1 in order to fit the rest of the parts.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  25. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

co0led - are you sure that you connect right segments? Noone ever had this issue. May be you found a bug/mistake - post some screenshots and I'll fix them if there is something wrong. Also don't forget that manor was my first package ever :) And don't need to be sorry! If you had my newest packages first it's okey. That only proves that quality of packages rises with each next release. So if there is something I could do to make you more satisfied - just tell.

hopeful likes this.
  26. Frogger007

Frogger007

Why has abandoned hospital no wc, bath, showers or a x-ray and operation room like a real hospital ?

27. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

What ? Have you played with the example scene ? It have wc, bath, showers and operation room. Unless I took too much medicines from this pack :)

28. co0led

co0led

"So if there is something I could do to make you more satisfied - just tell." Please, do me a tea and bring my cookies :D ahah... joking!! :p sometimes i fell like i should be the one playing joker on batman movies, then i realize im not funny! x)

now seriously.. :eek: i think it is easelly fixed by changing the Y scale from 1 to 1,2 on certain objects (i will tell you wich ones latter) and thats why noone said anything before (because its so simple to fix)... this makes the floor tile (floorPlane_small) for example to look like the ceramic is smaller then the one in empty_hall_narrow and then they dont fit cause roof part (ceiling_small_wooden) has right size but floor doesn't causing a first look bad impression on something so simple. Only the ceiling has right scale... all single walls and floors have wrong Y scale measure.

now, just waiting on a sale on bunker and ghost town and im done with what i need for my next game :D

are u thinking about the hole tiles on hospital? just needs 4 new prefabs:
    - 2* corner that connetcs floor and bot level roof (L shape, one for corners and the other for edges in order to be able to give multiple shapes to holes and not only squares)
    - a non-corner one in a line to be able to make the holes any size we want.
    - a new element with pieces of floor/ceramic tiles for destructed things that fall from that hole.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  29. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Cool to see some of your work in AAA Studio games. Definitely looking forward to the next package release... (Too poor to buy Garden just yet, maybe if it goes on sale in a few months.)

30. shwa

shwa

Garden asset looks fantastic.

Wondering if there is a demo scene or asset swapping, that could allow us to create a scene where the greenhouses look new and tidy?

thanks,
    - shwa

31. shwa

shwa

Does anyone know the approx file size of the abandoned garden demo if you export it as a Win or OSX standalone?
    thanks,

32. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

shwa - our materials are quite rusty so you will have to nice and clean paint/glass in order to make them look new. Don't think it's a tough task, but still it's somethin you have to on your side. Build sizes? As far as I remember around 300-400MB (sources are big that's why package is over gigged ;)). If you want accurate numbers touch me via email tomorrow - I'll build and test it for you.

SingularitySystems - thanks for sharing this :) What's this game excatly? I have to ask developers for permission to share it on new website!

co0led - if you want some new segments in pack - email rough sketches to me :)

33. Hormic

Hormic

This might be a noob question, but i don't get it, so maybe you can help me out.
    As you can see on the picture i only get shadows in the scene view but not in game view.
    I have tried some things, - quality settings, shadow settings then i recognized that the light who is casting the shadow has no effect in the actual game view. so i'm a little bit confused with the lightning in this scene. Moonshine Mansion.jpg

34. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

The Park by Funcom.

35. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

Clear your occlusion data, or move your project to 5.2.2p4 after a project backup. Not only you don't have shadows, but look closer you don't have lights in some places. It's a known bug in 5.2.2.

Hormic likes this.
  36. shwa

shwa

Artur,

thanks for info about cleaning textures to make things look new.
    I'm guessing i can do this kind of thing in photoshop. ?

Artur: Standalones. 300-400MB (sources are big that's why package is over gigged).

Shwa: Ok. I still mainly work in Unity 4. It seems like quite a few unity 5 packages are quite larger than unity 4 packs. Is the unity 5 overhead larger? Any idea why?
    I'll email you to do a test.

thanks,

shwa

37. co0led

co0led

ok! i will send you the email.

My game is almost ready to release also! here are a few screens i took a while ago: 1_1.png 2_1.png 3_0.png

38. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I started to play out a little bit with the Manor asset. I noticed two things:

1. There are no Specular Maps? Every Material is using Metallic Map. Is this intended? I can create Specular, Normal and Heightmaps using the texture by myself but I just was wondering...
    2. If using the big floor prefab with wooden floor texture like in the demo scenes the "ends" of the texture are not really fitting together. You see that the wooden quadrats are smaller when combining two floors. Could this be fixed to get a little bit more seamless floor without seeing directly where two floors are combined together? I hope you get what I mean I can also create a screenshot for it. Anyway it's also in the demo scenes so it seems normal right now.

Cheers
    Ronny

39. GCodergr

GCodergr

I am working with the Abandoned Hospital pack and I am wondering if someone has made Xbox controller integration using the provided player prefab (and not the one from the standard assets)

What changes do I need to make to the physicWalk_MouseLook in order to control the camera with the right trigger?

Thanks in advance.

40. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

I you are using Unity 5 this is perfectly normal, Artur is just using the Metallic workflow which I prefer too. I suggest you to read this: Working with PBS: A practical approach
    Read carefully the paragraph entitled "Authoring physically-based shading materials".

You always have the solution to create a big floor material that tiles like the woodenFloor material, play with the tiling values to adjust it.

RonnyDance likes this.
  41. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thank you @jimmikaelkael for your response.
    I worked a lot with 3dForge interiors and all come with albedo, normal and specular maps. I also created normal, specular and height maps by myself from the texture to work with UBER to get the best out of it.
    So I was a little bit surprised not seeing any specular maps. I will read your post and understand why Artur is using metallic maps. For me it's completely fine at the end. I will anyway try to create heightmaps by myself for UBER using POM orTesselation.

I don't understand your second answer regarding the tiles.
    If you take a look to this screenshot:
    manor.PNG
    you see clearly that in the middle the texture does not fit. You see clearly where the two floor prefabs are put together. I am used to use prefabs that fit together directly without doing any changes. So thats why I dont really understand what you mean. What tiling values do you mean to get it seamlessly? The prefab is fixed and I can change the material. Using the prefab from the demo already give me this "problem".

Thanks a lot!
    Ronny

42. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

I see know, I didn't really understood you question at first it seems (I believed you were talking about mixing small floor planes with big floor ones). However I think it should be possible to make it tile correctly by changing the tiling values from the material, I'll make an attempt tonight and report it back.

43. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

@RonnyDance I suggest you to duplicate the materials you need to adjust, then set the tiling and offset values for the main maps like the picture below:
    materials.JPG

44. rizawerx

rizawerx

Thanks for this awesome asset Artur...
    I've bought Abandoned Manor, but it says it has missing script for meshDecals, I tried re import, tried import in new project but it still says a missing script...what is that script? Thanks

45. co0led

co0led

what scale do i have to use to perfectly fit mannor with hospital?

46. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Thank you guys for keeping topic alive and that you're helping each other!

rizawerx - that's my dumb mistake. I forgot to remove my internall script (that's not included in a package) I'm using here. Just ignore this warning, remove missing monobehaviour from prefab, save and it's done. Sorry for that!

co0led - keep experimenting with scales 1.1, 1.15, 1.2, 1.25 and so on. Anyway I think best thing would be to create some sort of 3D transition that will mask potentiall unperfection.

Okey dudes, just wanted to say that NEW YEAR SALE is coming, in fact it awaits Unity approval already! All packages are dropped by 75%, so basics are for 11.25USD and Garden for 18.75USD. So if you want to get any of my packs - wait a while longer :)

hopeful and montyfi like this.
  47. shwa

shwa

Thanks for upcoming Sale info, Mad-Man.

- shwa

48. shwa

shwa

Asset store now has Mad-Man assets on sale.

Thank you for putting your work on sale, Mad-Man, much appreciated!

Just got the garden and a few others.

49. Frogger007

Frogger007

What are the significant differences between your previous 'horror basic' assets and your new 'horror pro' assets ?

50. hopeful

hopeful

This was answered higher on this page.

In generall "Basic" series is the old one, that usually is focused only on segment construction for level design with some additional propses/decals. Not to mention they are just ported to PBS, but not designed for it what impacts quality a lot. In "Pro" series you will find much more objects/adorments/dirts/decals and all other "trush" to "trush" your scenes with detail. As we all know - good propses are most time consuming! Next thing is a fact that "Pro" packs are designed only for Unity5 so there aren't any compromises in case of materials/textures caused by U4 support. Full PBS materials created with substance toolset, much more objects and detail and better example scenes. So in one sentence - more objects and better quality :)