Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. lakmal1975

lakmal1975

Thanks

2. hopeful

hopeful

Downloaded the new HE Bunker. Everything looks good so far as I can see. The metal accents are understated but definitely nicer using PBR.

In the demo I notice that a vent flickers at the end of the double fan room. Not sure why that is.

I always planned to use this as a nice looking decoy ... an old Cold War bunker above a more modern facility of some sort. And for some reason I really like the giant fans.

BTW, if we could have a text file that translates the first 3 text decals to English, that would be great. Right now I can't distinguish between a sign that might say "DANGER! Shocking hazard" and "Men's Restroom." ;)

3. Nurviz

Nurviz

Google Translate. https://translate.google.com/

4. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Phew, sorry I'm getting so late to you guys! First off thanks that you are helping each other :)

No I'll be honest, quite a shame, but I'm not sure in 100% what cyryllic words mean :D I've used google translate. If you want en english version just tell me what you would like to see there and I'll include alternative texture in update with texts you want.

By the way - MANOR INTERIOR finally DONE! That was really hard package to port, but soon you will be able to download PBR version of it.

One more thing - remember dudes that if I'm not responsive on forums for some reason - I'm always available via email. Just to let you know. Anyway I'll check back here often :)

5. hopeful

hopeful

I guess I will just not use those decals. Easiest path. :)

6. hopeful

hopeful

Downloading new PBS version of HE Manor ... :)

7. Frogger007

Frogger007

What do you think how long you need to release the new PBS version of mothership ?

8. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Finally manor for PBR live, but I can see that you've noticed that already :)

Frogger, I think I'll be able to submitt mothership for PBR next week. In other words you will get it within next two, three weeks.

jimmikaelkael likes this.
  9. Frogger007

Frogger007

"...but I can see that you've noticed that already"

Not only noticed, purchased like the 'Hopital' and the 'Ghost Town' before !

10. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi Mad-Man. Would it be possible for you to release the manor assets in one combined package where the interior and exterior are one building inside one scene? It's not very straight forward trying to merge both the interior and exterior manor scenes together inside Unity.

11. DarthHaunted

DarthHaunted

Hi there,

when I import the Abandoned Manor Interior asset into a new project I get the following errors:

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Antialiasing.cs(20,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/Bloom.cs(9,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/ColorCorrectionLookup.cs(8,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/ColorCorrectionRamp.cs(8,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ImageEffectBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/ContrastEnhance.cs(9,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/GlobalFog.cs(9,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/Scripts/VignetteAndChromaticAberration.cs(9,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostEffectsBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Do I miss something? Or are those scripts only usable with Unity Pro?

12. SecretStudio

SecretStudio

You should be safely able to delete these scripts - they are either duplicates or are redundant.

13. Frogger007

Frogger007

No news or preview pictures about the 'Mothership PBS' uodate ?

14. hopeful

hopeful

He could be on vacation. On a warm, sunny beach somewhere with a lovely someone and a fruity beverage at hand. ;)

15. Gerschill

Gerschill

I have seen 2 very big problems with your assets:

1)
    Wrong scaling affects physics and (in Unity 5) also lighting. See this thread:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/does-scaling-affect-illumination.333065/#post-2165440

2)
    Baking color information into your assets as you do it contradicts PBR.
    Color information (like a green shade that you use very often) needs to come from a camera effect.
    Baking it onto the texture is wrong.

Just wanted to share this information with you.

16. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hamesh81 - Unfortunately there is no option to add content that will unlock only when you have two different packs bought ;/ Not to mention that manor interior was first and example level isnt designed to have exterior. In other words these two packs will work together if you will create your own level with a proper design. If that's important I can create a video tutorial about using these two packs together. Just tell me!

DarthHaunted - as SecretStudio mentioned you have to delete all ImageEffects related folders that Unity puts inside my package directory, than re-import ImageEffects default package (just for safety). Unity automatically puts them... don't know why!

Frogger007 - it's still in submission process. I must admit that I've uploaded package a while ago but forgot to push "Submit"! Shame on me! Button pressed, expect update soon :)

hopeful - yeah, I would love to. Unfortunately it's too much work that makes me too busy! Sunny beach you say... :rolleyes:

Gerschill - in case of scale this topic was touched a few times before. Just read whole thread. In short - all my packs are really old and Unity 5 was a song of future when I was working on them. I've promised that my new packs will fit Unity 5 default scale - but old ones will remain as they are. In case of baking colors into my assets... Glad you've read some PBR manuals and touched theory a bit - it's a good start to learn :) I'm creating horror packs and specific mood/lighting comes from many small details. One of them is a fact that I'm darkening and modify HUE of each texture, rising it up with LUT or GradientMap creates awesome pasterization effects. Without that it wouldn't be possible.

birutiful likes this.
  17. TheDevGuy

TheDevGuy

Ok so if you are not going to be a honorable publisher and FIX your packs for new versions then you should give those buyers, such as myself, a refund. because when buying this that is not stated in the description of the asset and is extremely misleading for new buyers that have unity 5.

-Honestly thats like saying: "Hey guys, i made this cool troll character in unity 4, but, in unity 5 my troll character turned into a goblin. So whoever still uses unity 4 you have to make a troll game and whoever uses unity 5 has to make a goblin game."

-Then i say, "Well my game is about trolls and i bought it because it was a troll."

-Then you say, "Oh, sorry but when unity 5 came out it switched on me, so yea thats how it is now."

-Then i say, "Well now i can even use your asset because its unusable in my game."

-Then you hopefully say, "Im sorry that i dont feel like fixing my old packs, let me offer you a refund because you cant even use this asset and you paid for it without this issue even being stated in the description."

-Then i say, "Thank you sir, you are a truly great publisher and you respect your followers, i know that i need a refund, but i will instead buy a NEWER pack and use that in my game instead."

That is good business and i for some reason dont feel that you care at all that people cannot use this asset and that you dont even care that you are misleading people who use unity 5.

18. faduci

faduci

Even though this has been discussed several times: this FIX would be a BREAK for some. After adding the Mothership Service Rooms today, I have bought all of the environments, and I wouldn't be particularly happy if all of a sudden the scale would change without warning in any assets I already use. I too would have preferred the default scale now used and recommended by Unity and had to rescale initially, but this is required for assets from other publishers too. I acknowledge that the "default scale" is still rather new and there are a number of assets preceding this. All of these are still usable with (admittedly inconvenient) changes by whoever wants to use them.

You made an assumption based on a very short asset store description. That assumption wouldn't be true for a lot of other assets too, and you could have easily found out about this and many other important facts about all the assets with very limited effort. So it is not like you were trapped into buying something that simply didn't work, or that you were lied to. You got something that requires more effort than you expected (which will probably happen again if you don't even bother checking a forum link provided in the description), and now demand that it has to be changed to match your (incorrect) expectation, no matter the cost for others.

Just like "Don't dry pets in the microwave" or "Don't try to stop the chainsaw with a hand", it would probably be better to add this information to the description to prevent further complaints, and the description to Mothership Service Rooms now contains this:
    • Scene collisions and scale was tested with UFPS (2 meters player height).
    But at best this boils down to a need to improve the short description on the Asset Store page. The details weren't hidden in anyway, the "historical" reasons for the situation as well as the problems a change in scale would cause were explained here together with options how to change the scale and the problems this can cause with physics etc. Offering a refund due to disappointment that was actually caused by a lack of research before buying would probably add "accommodating and nice" to the positive attributes, but Mad-Man is without doubt already an honorable publisher of great assets.

19. TheDevGuy

TheDevGuy

It does not matter if it "breaks" it for some. As a publisher you know that most assets follow the default unity guide for measurement. So if there isnt any update as unity updates, then that means assets become outdated and unusable by new buyers. Plain and simple. If you dont understand that then sorry.

Not going to post anymore about this. So dont bother replying.

20. Frogger007

Frogger007

"you know that most assets follow the default unity guide for measurement"

I never have found a guide like this !

IFL likes this.
  21. Frogger007

Frogger007

Hi,
    i have buyed the Mothership updated version.
    Now i have some questions.
    In your description you wrote:
    "This system is designed for Deferred Shading and Umbra Occlusion. Use both to achieve proper performance. Remember to update Culling data after importing this package.".
    How can i archive the Umbra Occlusion effect in unity 5 ?
    How can i update the culling data ?

After i import the "mothership" update into unity5 i get the message:
    "Assets/Standard Assets/Image Effects (Pro Only)/ColorCorrectionEffect.cs(6,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ImageEffectBase' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Why you use the unity 4 pro standard assets in an update for unity 5 ?
    I think you should use the unity 5 standard assets !

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  22. IFL

IFL

It's not a terribly complex system. These might help you understand it better:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OcclusionCulling.html

Here's what Artur said:

hopeful likes this.
  23. Frogger007

Frogger007

When i do this then i lose all camera effects in the demo scene !

24. IFL

IFL

Did you re-import the default image-effects package?

25. Frogger007

Frogger007

I have imported the asset, then i have deleted the standart asset folder.
    Next i have imported the unity 5 image effects.

Result:The camera in the demo scene has no more camera effects, the camera animation don't wok too !

I dont' have this problems with the updated 'Ghost Town', 'Abandoned Manor' and the 'Abandoned Hospital' assets.

But the 'Mothership' asset makes problems !

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  26. IFL

IFL

Just tested it - here's what works for me. I always have the effects package imported before any non-UnityTech packages, and that seems to work well. When importing, just scroll through the list and uncheck any folders that are strictly standard. Like "Standard Assets". That should do it. If not, your project is likely a special case of "something's not right here", which is quite common when dealing with lots of purchased assets. Fixing that means determining the asset packages that break something, and then finding out what in those packages do the damage.
    [EDIT::] I did my testing with the Mothership package.

27. Frogger007

Frogger007

Thaks it woks now, but the camera is not moving in the demo scene.

Has the 'SF_MS_ServiceRooms_TEST' no reflection probes or light probes like the other updated assets ?

28. IFL

IFL

The camera not moving is almost certainly not the package's fault. It works perfectly fine for me. Since the animation and animation-controller are self-contained in the package, I think it's probably something else causing it not to work.

29. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Phew, a lot posting here :)

TheDevGuy - in case of snapping you have to set it to 0.1, sometimes I even use 0.05. As Unity likes to drop floats check if your example 90* didnt change to 89.945234* - that will cause gaps. Same with position. Unity, while using snap, likes to change X:76 to X:75.9432355... that will cause gaps/overlaps as well. Not to mention that you HAVE to keep scale 1.0 while building level (scaled segments will not snap properly) .Other thing are refunds - you havent asked about it, so... I really don't get why people are writing that I don't make refunds, while tons of them are already made! o_O

frogger - simple go to Lighting window and click magic "Build" button. In Unity5 it builds whole level data. In fact it's not required, but on some devices after importing package culling is broken - in effect whole scene looks like a pie full of random vertices all over the world. If you are encountering this - rebuilding is required. Otherwise - all data is baked already.

Regarding "Mothership" package. Make sure you have Unity5.1 installed, as thats a version I've used for updating this pack. So even with Unity5.0 you will still get old version for Unity4.x!

So what I propose frogger. Update Unity to 5.1 if you havent yet. Delete Mothership. Import Effects standard package. Import my package. Delete ImageEffects folders/scripts from my package directory. Enjoy :)

Okey mates. I have a few announcements as all packs are Unity5 ready! Finally you will get some new content soon and it's going to fit default scale ;) First of all I'm going to drop all my packages to 55$ (if they cost more at the moment) - new series coming out with brand new quality designed for PBR and I want it to cost around 75$. That would be bad to see old packs and new ones in the same price, right? As I don't want to make new packs too expensive - I'll drop old ones. Hope it's okey for all of you!

Soon I'll put some new images with references for new packs. Just as a sneak-peak to show you what you can expect in near future.

As always - thank you all for support!

IFL likes this.
  30. Frogger007

Frogger007

Mothership PBR update is at a glace perfect !

31. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Just wanted tosay your work is amazing

32. co0led

co0led

Hello!

I've bought Abandoned Hospital and Mothership and i thought it would be kind of easy to make them fit togetter but the truth is that it looks like they were made for different player weights. 2meters UFPS player on Abandoned Hospital looks too small. same 2meters UFPS player on Mothership looks like a giant. I'm having trouble fiting them in weight. i had for example to increase door height size.

I like your assets a lot and i'm honestly just waiting for another sale to buy the rest of the packs.

Just one idea: Abandoned Hospital should have a broken floor tile to fall from one level to the inferior level.

Frogger007 likes this.
  33. Frogger007

Frogger007

I like the idea with the broken floor tile.

One idea more:
    A secret door, leading through a secret floor to an secret laboratory. Dr. Macabra !

34. Frogger007

Frogger007

What we want see for mothership ?

Cryochamber, Teleporter, Escape Pods, Airlock Chamber.

35. sjblue

sjblue

Shaders are too too heavy for mobile on SF mothership asset. I am not sure whether the asset was meant to be for mobile anyhow but is there any mobile friendly shader available for this asset?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  36. Kretus

Kretus

Is there a terrain included in the Ghost Town package? Or assets to create a similar terrain like the screenshots? :)

37. jimmikaelkael

jimmikaelkael

Yeah, what you see on the screenshots is from the example scene, and a terrain is included in that scene of course.
    However it's quite small if you plan to make a game with this.

I you plan to make a serious game with that asset, leave the example scene and make your own. The example scene is (as the name implies) somewhat unoptimized and lower end computers could have troubles to run it with a decent framerate.

To run at a decent framerate, you'll need to combine everything you can after you've built your level with the modular parts. On my side, I combine as much as possible (materials, building meshes, etc...) to save Unity from doing the batching itself: no batching is more performant than batching. You need to take care too to setup your Umbra occlusion and bake it with the proper settings.
    As an example, in the ghost town asset package there are over 30 materials. After I atlased everything by materials properties and fixed model UVs I ended up with only 6 materials, and I have less than 1000 batches in almost every scene spots with the highest quality settings.

To me, Artur's assets is top notch: it lets you build what you need with the modular parts and after that you combine and optimize which sounds in my opinion to be a perfect workflow.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    IFL likes this.
  38. Frogger007

Frogger007

Wishlist for an Mothership Expansion asset:
    Cryochamber, Teleporter, Escape Pods, Airlock Chamber, bridge room, navigation room, engine room, crew room, lift, cargo lift, observatorium room, medical room, communication room.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  39. Frogger007

Frogger007

... and a spaceship hangar ... then it's a mothership !

40. hopeful

hopeful

@Mad-Man - I was just thinking about the Abandoned Manor Exterior. I think it's the only one of the Mad-Man assets I don't have. I decided not to get it because it seemed locked into being one thing: one particular residence, with one particular look.

Anyway, it has finally occurred to me that I should say something about that, and make the suggestion that maybe at some point the pack could get revisited, with some additions that would help bring the manor a few different looks - and not necessarily old or abandoned.

For me, that would make it more useful and thus more appealing. I realize that may be outside the scope of the project, but I thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case. :)

IFL likes this.
  41. Siancamp

Siancamp

Hi... I'm thinking in buy the manor assets (Interior + exteriors) My question is if they work properly together... I mean, Am I able to make a manor with interiors and exteriors using these 2 packs together?

42. Sphelps

Sphelps

Any news on fixing the pink assets with the Abandoned Hospital

43. hopeful

hopeful

I thought that was fixed a long time ago ...?

44. Captain-Awesome

Captain-Awesome

Mad Man, I don't know if you're still taking requests. But I'd love some apocalyptic model packs like you'd expect in Fallout or Mad Max or The Terminator movies (when they're fighting the machines).

But everything you make is amazing, and I end up buying it all anyway even if there's no immediate use for it. :) Like your spaceship, when will I ever use that? I don't know, but it was on sale and now I've got it just in case!

45. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hi dudes!

Every time Im tracking this thread there is nothing happening. While I'm putting my team into new job and have no time for anything you guys starting to post-over. You just have to know when I'm busy! ;)

So, first off - Manor Exterior and Interior are matching together (that was main goal). It's may be tricky sometimes (huge time gap between those packs!) as I had to refresh manor construcions, fit exterior, and also keep it usable as standalone pack... Anyway - shoud work! If you will find segments that are crucial and arent there (I'm always missing things) - just post it or mail it.

Now lets talk about combining Mothership and Hostpial packs on one scene... man... Never thought that anyone will even try this! Problem you've described is caused by a fact that Mothership fits default "FPSController" (not rigidbody one!) while hospital doesnt (read previous pages to know why :)). So if you really want to fit these two packs you have change scale of each mesh in import settings or build your scene with my values and use root to scale whole part of scene down/up.

Okey mates. New package "Abandoned Garden" (yeah, my team-mates are laughing at me that soon I'll invent package named "Abandoned Abadon"...) is almost done! I'll post some screenshots today - must say that you can expect best-looking package so far designed for U5 PBR from scratch. No compromises :) Ough, also I have to mention another package that is currently in development: "Prison".... ough, I meant "Abandoned Prison"!

Today I'm submitting new prices for all packages so if you planning any purhases - just delay them for a while! I bet you will save a few $.

So - promise to track thread more often :D

EDIT: I can see that still many additional content is requested. Sometimes these are little changes I'm trying to update asap, but sometimes these are really "big favours". Would you be interested in paid addons for packages? Lets say "Cryo Chamber" for mothership for 5$ etc? I don't want to sell fixes, talking about additional content sized in XXXMB. Dont want to waste your or mine time so asking first ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  46. hopeful

hopeful

The Abandoned Prison sounds particularly interesting. If possible, it would be nice to have abandoned and not abandoned parts, so we can do "before" and "after" type scenes, or just have different uses.

47. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

hopeful - will keep that in mind

Promised screenshots from garden pack. Still WIP so dont worry about framerate (no data baked yet). This week pack will be ready!

Package offers:
    - three systems for different glass-house buildings
    - sidewalk system
    - lamps for exterior and interior parts
    - a lot of propses with garbage, garden tools and ruined parts
    - set of hand crafted trees with LODs
    - custom PBR foliage shader that animates leafs/ivys etc
    - custom opaque PBR shader that uses two channels for metallic/roughness and single channel for 2ndUV AO (so now you can use tiled textures and apply AO on second UV)
    - custom PBR shader for glass that supports double-sided mode (no need to flip your geometry)
    - custom skybox...
    ... and more tiny details :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    jimmikaelkael likes this.
  48. Angeal78

Angeal78

Well i hope someday you make an "Abandoned Theme Park" xDDDDDDD... Really good assets... Waiting impatiently for the Prison.

49. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Im loving your "abandoned Garden" asset so far as I think your assets are some of the best hands down. One thing you can always do to market your garden asset is to maybe add a few grave stones and market it as a graveyard asset especially with halloween coming up. It looks like with just a few gravestones you could easily pass it as that. Even if you dont that is what I most likely will use this asset as.

The abandoned prison sounds like fun and as someone has mention an amusement park but what about a school? I would love an abandoned school with lots of hallways and some classrooms. I know I make it sound easy but maybe doing a modular school where we can connect hallways and place classrooms where we want and a cafetaria and a boiler room. Im thinking silent hill esque stuff here. Just something to think about as an abandoned school seems mostly what people look for in a horror game and is mostly a staple environment for most.

50. Frogger007

Frogger007

abandoned Garden ... Some flesh eating plants ?