Search Unity

MadMan(Artur G.) Assets Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mad-Man, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hey! Packs are PBR ready, so no missing textures etc. Issue is - I always provide ready post process with a few custom LUTs + example scene with lighting etc etc. So except of assets you get whole ready-to-go setup to be inspired or just to be used as is and make your game look awesome (screenshots are not photoshopped!). BUT in new unity lighting, scenes and post process are broken so I need to make them from scratch for new standards. Hospital is updated already so you can check it out - all you need to do is just to download package, open example scene, assign prepared ppstack stack and done :) I want all packs to work this way.

JBR-games likes this.
  2. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

@cygnusprojects Unfortunately not - packs were modelled for my custom controller, so they are a bit bigger than should for default one. Good news is that pro series and incoming ones are designed for default player scale. For older packs you can just root them and scale a bit - tried that, works well :)

@shredingskin Yep I have in fact! Feel free to share any references here to inspire me and point in a desired direction.

@SickaGamer Up to month. It takes about two days per package, but submission time takes about a week. AND Im a bit overloaded in my company with Hollow 2 for a week, so...Lets say up to month :)

TeagansDad, JBR-games and SickaGames1 like this.
  3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Cant wait! I also am VERY interested in your new stuff.

JBR-games likes this.
  4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Mad-Man I think your work would translate well into a Gothic castle interior and exterior! Think Dracula type of castle with torture chambers, prison cells, dark throne room, ball room ect...

Mad-Man, JBR-games and TeagansDad like this.
  5. Nosmo

Nosmo

Does the low price include the upgrades when they come out?

6. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I believe that they are. Once they are update the price goes back up.

7. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Yes, as @SickaGamer said updates will appear as free ones in your asset store library - once all updates are live I will submit regular prices. You will just need to go to your library and hit "Update" button :)

8. CloudStrifes

CloudStrifes

@Mad-Man Will you also sell the HE - Abandoned Prison on unreal marketplace?
    If not, if I buy it in the unity store, can I freely use it in unreal engine? Thanks

9. Plummet_Studios

Plummet_Studios

I can't wait until the bunker and prison packs are updated. As of now, I can only import in the Hospital :(

10. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

@CloudStrifes Im thinking about it - so its more likely to happen soon. If you need it asap tough - feel free to port it yourself right now and I'll hand you over UE version once it's done.

@Apple_Aiden I bet you can import them in 2018, they will just look differently from 5.x series.

11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How are the conversions going?

12. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Mad-Man Are you going to update them as they are done or do them all at once? Can you also tell us about any new assets you are going to be uploading to the store?!

13. imsosic1978

imsosic1978

I dont know if this is a stupid question or been covered, if I downloaded these packs in unity 2018 y do some work but others do not. Am I setting it up wrong or just missing a file

14. magique

magique

Define not working.

15. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Hey guys! Small update - first off, till end of March all packs will be 2018 ready! Second thing - I had no idea, that sale could last 2 weeks at maximum, so Unity just deprecated all my packages LOL

So I'm forced to restore default prices - but I will make them lower than before. In this case - packs should get live again pretty soon.

Will let you know when 2018 submission will start to roll.

16. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Mad-Man We look forward to the updates! Do you have any ideas on what you what your new assets will be?

17. Mad-Man

Mad-Man

Ok guys - 20 bucks price is submitted (forced to do so to make packs live again). If 5$ sale was crucial for ya - contact me via email, we will figure something out.

Here is a questionnaire for you guys - help create content that will work best for you!
    https://goo.gl/forms/ny4kAvxdrMMOlqnP2

derf, rrahim and SickaGames1 like this.
  18. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Mad-Man Any idea when the assets will be updated to 2018?

19. _Jens

_Jens

Any news about the updates ?

20. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

They are done. If you are looking for the new stuff, no clue on that.

21. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

@Mad-Man I just bought the manor asset - there's many scripts missing on the main camera. I'm assuming these are the lut / look files etc. I bought the asset specifically because I liked the screenshot of the garden patio. Can I request the manor be updated please for 2018/2019.

JBR-games likes this.
  22. derf

derf

The missing scripts are from the old shader logic from earlier versions of Unity. You can remove the script references from the camera without worry.

Dirrogate and JBR-games like this.
  23. SeriouSerg

SeriouSerg

Why did you remove support for older versions in Bunker asset? This is a strange step, at least, because a couple of years ago I bought your asset and used it perfectly in Unity 2017. And now in the 2017LTS version I can’t open the scene. It is very sad that this asset requires 2018 and higher.

24. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Hello! Any news about the updates?

25. xaby

xaby

Does anyone knows, wht happened?
    I am interested in:
    SF - Mothership Service Rooms v.1
    HE - Abandoned Manor Exterior v.1.1
    HE - Abandoned Manor MegaPack v.2

but they disapeared today from the Unity asset store ... :-(

26. magique

magique

They seem to all be Deprecated.

27. cthulhme

cthulhme

I noticed this too. Only the Retro lamps and Abandoned Hospital assets appear to be supported. The mad-man.eu website is also offline. Hope that Artur G. is ok?

28. cthulhme

cthulhme

I was getting a bunch of missing script errors on MotherShip Service Rooms and was hoping to see if someone knows anything about that? Timers maybe?

29. Lady-Freija

Lady-Freija

Really excited to hear new work coming, your is the best, but horrified to see the old stuff has been deprecated! Will the old packages be coming back ever? Updated new stuff sounds nice, but in all honesty I was fully in love with everything already there and want to be able to still obtain/recommend those packages to my friends at the low price they were sitting at...

30. derf

derf

The assets themselves still work and do look great, they just include old scripts from previous versions that are not used or no longer compile in the current Unity engine. Just an FYI.

31. ccjay

ccjay

I've purchased all your stuff I think, Really fantastic work.
    Looking forward to a 2020 update and to see what else you create.

32. O_and_N

O_and_N

Guys, do you know if the author is ok? Ive been mailing him for a week or 2 as I wanted to purchase the Prison pack(removed from the store) but he seems to have disappeared.

33. derf

derf

The last time posted was June 30th 2020. Nothing really since. Give it time, maybe will get the updates for Halloween.

34. derf

derf

Good news everybody; I have an update on these wonderful asset packs. I received an email this morning from Artur Grzegorczyn, who wrote that the packs were deprecated because the personal website was down to long, but is currently working on getting them restored right now. Hopefully this week, 2 at the most.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  35. RyanL

RyanL

Does anyone have any tips for using something like the HE - Abandoned Hospital with HDRP? I used the conversion wizard, but there are still a lot of pink assets.

What is converted looks pretty good for the most part. Just really wanting to use this asset with my HDRP project.

36. Jaimi

Jaimi

You'll just need to edit the materials, and choose the new HDRP shader, and try to match as best you can.

37. amrath

amrath

Does anyone have any idea if this is going to be updated or are these fantastic assets going to be lost forever??

38. derf

derf

I have no idea at this point. Last email reply was they were working on it, now nothing.

39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

If you guys bought then, you should have access to them.

40. schwarzschildradius

schwarzschildradius

Any updates on when the assets won't be depricated? I regret not buying them years ago...

41. PlayGoodqw

PlayGoodqw

now even the hospital pack is gone... Will they ever come back?

42. hopeful

hopeful

I think that if the developer is gone for a while and doesn't post updates to the package, the asset store automatically moves them into the "deprecated" pile. If Artur ever resubmits them, they'll reappear, but he's probably off doing whatever and has lost track of it.

If you can contact him via support or website, maybe he'd resubmit.

43. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I highly doubt he is redoing these assets. I got them in cold storage.

44. hopeful

hopeful

I don't mean he has to significantly alter them. Just re-submit them for whatever the new minimum version of Unity is.

45. PlayGoodqw

PlayGoodqw

Maybe if we contact him via email, these assets might come back.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  46. hopeful

hopeful

Do it. He's responded positively in the past. If a few of the customers here contacted him and asked him to renew his assets with Unity, he'd probably do it.

I doubt he sees much revenue from them, but contacting him would be a way to show interest. If you have a wish to purchase a specific pack, tell him.

47. PlayGoodqw

PlayGoodqw

Thanks, I've tried to contact him a few month ago. I should try it again.

48. PlayGoodqw

PlayGoodqw

I have contacted him now. I hope for a response.

hopeful likes this.