Search Unity

Bug "Made with Unity" splash not displayed on game launch

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mroshaw, Sep 30, 2022.

1. mroshaw

mroshaw

Hello! I'm not sure if this is a bug, and it's probably something I'm not particularly worried about. However, I would like to give credit where it's due, and as a "hobby" developer using the free Unity versions, I feel like I should get this working.

Basically, when I launch the game (Windows PC, tested on Windows 11), 99% of the time the game goes straight to my custom logo splash. The other 1% of the time, I'll see the "Made with Unity" splash fade in, then my own logo.

When I double-click the game icon / .exe, the executable is immediately "doing something" synchronously, which doesn't allow the screen to initialise in the background. Once it's done, it's almost always too late for the "Made with Unity" splash to be seen.

Any ideas?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Do I get this right, you always want to see the "Made with Unity" splashscreen?

Anyway, is this a fullscreen app? If so, try building it to start in windowed mode. I have a hunch you're simply not seeing the logo because it takes a while for the monitor / graphics card to switch to fullscreen mode, a time where the monitor (or projector) doesn't display anything but the app is already running. For example, my monitor switches almost instantly (<1s) but my projector takes over 10 seconds.

3. mroshaw

mroshaw

Hello, and thanks for the reply!

Yes, that's it - I kind of feel like the "Made with Unity" splash should be seen, given I'm using the free version.

I think you're right, though - as a full-screen game, I guess it's just the behaviour of my display. Nothing I can do in that case, but at least I checked it out.

Thanks again!

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

If you don't mind reporting a bug on this, that'd be awesome :).