Search Unity

Made a tool to switch between Unity and VS with a hotkey.

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by wkwan, Apr 30, 2015.

1. wkwan

wkwan

I use Unity + VS with a single monitor, and it bothers me severely that I have to constantly switch back and forth between the two programs. Alt-Tab helps a bit, but I don't like having to press tab a varying number of times depending on the apps I'm using.

Sooooo... I made this: https://github.com/wkwan/UnityVSHotkey

There's a Unity editor script that brings VS to focus when you press CTRL-1. There's also a VS plugin that brings Unity to focus when you press CTRL-1.

I considered putting this up for a buck on the Asset Store but I felt bad putting a price tag on something with so little code. But if you find it useful, it would be great if you could sign up for my mailing list (http://www.voidupdate.com). I'm a solo dev working on a lot of tools and games, so I figured it would be a good idea to find people with similar interests that I can ping when I have something interesting to show to the world.

If anyone is interested, I might make a version of this that works on Mac with MonoDevelop. I briefly looked at that as well (I usually Boot Camp on my MacBook when I code but I sometimes use OS X), but it looks like the add-ins guide on the MonoDevelop website doesn't work with the Unity version.

Cheers,
    William

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey wkwan you shouldn't feel bad about putting something up on the asset store with so little code. I'm getting ready to submit several animation assets with ZERO code! :)

It actually feels good to offer things for free that others in the community may find useful. Just try to watch for those free offerings you put out which take dedicated time away from game development to support/update.

Thanks -
    I signed up even though I'm not a code guy.

3. wkwan

wkwan

Lol OK well I guess the correct phrase would be "so little work". Thanks for being my first subscriber!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Baste

Baste

Duuuuuuude

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

wkwan likes this.