Search Unity

Mad shootin game *Edit* new backgrounds

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Krise, May 1, 2008.

1. Krise

Krise

Hi guys,

Just thought I would post a little teaser from my second attempt at making a game, it will become a very simple shootin' game at some point, the aim of the game is to mow down hordes of oncoming bad guys, so the level you see below will not scroll or anything. Once I get good enough at this whole Unity business you will be able to buy upgrades both for your weapons and for the house (mines, falling anvils e.t.c.) Any feedback would be appreciated :)

EDIT* Now with a little change, A toony background and an empty sky :)

Krise

Attached Files:

2. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

The background image dousn't match with your map, try and cortoonify it some, so that the whole visual look flows. Nice start though. - Jeff

3. Krise

Krise

I think I will stick with the empty one, it might be a little too busy to look at with the other two, and when I add a ton of little badguys crawling over the screen it could get annoying.

4. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Yes, the empty sky looks best. Maybe you can fill it with some cartoony clouds?

Looks good so far. Is it going to be a classic side-scrolling game?

Cheers

Frank

5. Krise

Krise

Hey Frank,

Good idea on the clouds, I think i will add some, perhaps blurred so they don't grab attention from the main level. It is not going to be scrolling, the baddies will be coming at you from the right, your job is to protect the house from the ever growing horde of steam-powered, cog-driven robots. Mostly it's just a learning project to help teach myself the basics of Unity but also a expression of my fondness for the 2D classics :)