Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Games Mad Mosh - Music (mostly metal) based game, request for Feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by khos, Jan 12, 2020.

1. warthos3399

warthos3399

Think its a great idea bro :)

khos likes this.
  2. khos

khos

Thank you kind Sir :)

3. khos

khos

Please to announce that I have setup a free downloadable (not final) version of the game, via URL: https://khos85.itch.io/mad-mosh
    Anyone can download this and play it.
    I would like to invite anyone to give it a try, would appreciate your feedback!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  4. khos

khos

Would like top share an update, getting a Steam release prepared, looking forward to that, so many checkpoints/screenshots :)

Been adding effects like props outside/night clubs, stage lights (flashing) , smoke on the dancefloor (I actually like that, the player can move through the smoke to make paths..).

Also managed to get the intro screen a bit more...active:) video below:

Feedback would be welcome on the intro screen.

5. warthos3399

warthos3399

The new lighting is really good, but the smoke/fog doesnt seem to add much (a bit too high), as most fog at concerts (which is dry ice), is more of a low/ground effect. If you can lower the fog/smoke, and have the lights a bit closer to the stage and more spread out, it might look alot better.

Meaning, you dont see lighting on the right hand side of the stage (per view of the video). Think about when you used to go to live concerts, how it looked, placement of lighting and fog effect. Great idea, i love it, just placement, and level are a bit off. Keep kickin ass bro :)

khos likes this.
  6. khos

khos

Cool, thanks for your feedback, the smoke is not easy to see on the intro scene, but hopefully better/more effective in the actual game scene, see e.g. (see the a blue haze sort floating around the ground between NPC's):
    upload_2020-7-1_17-24-47.png
    I might change it some more :)

PS in a recent hardcore/punk gig I saw there was a huge bungle of real cash (money) thrown into the crowd! Now that is cool!

warthos3399 likes this.
  7. warthos3399

warthos3399

That is cool, lol. You can do alot with this type of game :)

unityunity