Search Unity

Mad Mosh is coming soon to steam

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by khos, Jul 28, 2020.

1. khos

khos

Super happy to announce some news - Mad Mosh is coming soon to steam! Whohoo :)

I would like to invite you to visit here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1359910/Mad_Mosh/
    If you like the look of it please consider wish listing, or let me know if you would like to try it, I'm happy to give a free key.

Also here is a trailer:

Feedback would be most welcome.

2. khos

khos

Only one day to go before release, feeling a bit nervous folks :)

3. Antypodish

Antypodish

What tha heck? :D

khos likes this.
  4. khos

khos

I know right, it's pretty mental, not to everyone's taste maybe? To be honest is one of own "personal best" projects, I am so happy that I can play my favourite heavy metal tunes and "dance" to it the way I want :)

Antypodish likes this.
  5. Kamil_Reich

Kamil_Reich

Looks familiar :)

khos and Antypodish like this.
  6. khos

khos

:) That is pretty cool (and the original song too)!
    With my game you can load any music and mosh to it, check this test out:

It's weird to mix the dance style with that type of music, but in my view wonderful.

7. Antypodish

Antypodish

Is that ballet?

khos likes this.
  8. khos

khos

Hi, this far from ballet! I just used classical music as a fun thing to mess around with in game.

The aim of the game is to be a heavy metal music simulator, mainly to go to the dance floor and go crazy with your moves. I love my metal / hardcore music so wanted to try make a sim for it (relive the good old days), see the following video for some real life scenes that I try(tried) to aim for (not sure if anyone here knows those kind of scenes, but I used to dance like that years ago):

With the game, you can headbang (with hair physics, whohoo !), do authentic hardcore dance moves like the windmill, the lawnmower, two step, stage dive, do somesaults, all sorts of "Dance" moves, oh and take people out in the process for points.
    NPC's will do random moves, follow their paths, sometimes in groups

A feature of the game is that you can load up your own music tracks (of favourite bands) to dance/mosh to. So you can have fun with that and load any music really, classical music, nursery rhymes, and dance/mosh to those.

Anyway this is probably quite a niche game, but I am quite pleased with the result :)

Antypodish likes this.
  9. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hmm, I would say wow:eek:
    I thought they are doing capoeira at the beginning. But the the went crazy...
    Is that being souber, or you need take something, ot drink something, to 'MASH' like this? o_O:D

But seriously, cool insight to your past feeling an experience, as this explains a lot:)
    Sure, go for it ;?

khos likes this.
  10. khos

khos

No, just in my opinion love for the music genre is what makes things go. Some drink/hydration helps. It's fast/heavy, energetic! Also there is a msg in songs that people might want to believe, or not being part of mainstream bands/culture could be an attraction. Have you ever stage dived? If not, it quite fun (but a little dangerous)! Cheers.

11. Antypodish

Antypodish

I have been on Woodstock few times and I have seen crazy stuff happening. But no stage diving myself :)
    This is whats scares me the most :eek::D

12. khos

khos

I have a few cuts/scares to prove my stage diving (once I did it and there was no one to catch me/no people, pretty stupid)... :)

Antypodish likes this.